Changes to Community Challenges

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

We hope you had a fantastic festive period and a great start to the new year so far. We'd like to make you all aware of some changes we are making to the Community Challenges, thanks to feedback we've received from our wonderful community.

We've heard your concerns over the difficulty of taking part in a challenge every week. We will now be running challenges once every two weeks, instead of once a week. This means that over a two week period, we will be running a challenge from Tuesday - Sunday as normal during the first week, but there will be no challenge during the second week. This will allow a period of downtime between challenges.

We will also be improving our challenge variety, by putting a modifier on some of the challenges. Animals may now need to have a certain Star level or Gold/Silver/Bronze rating for it to count towards your Community Challenge involvement. For example, we may ask that you release 4 Star Bengal Tigers to the Wild. Not only that, but in some of our future challenges, we won't ask you to work with one specific animal. For example, you may be asked to complete the challenge using Silver-rated Animals or Animals from Africa.

These changes will go live mid-February. The next challenge will take place 28 Janurary, and will be focused on Greater Flamingoes! The week after that, no challenge will take place and then our new changes to variety will begin as well.

We really appreciate hearing all your feedback, as it helps us make changes for the better. The rewards are staying the same; you will still be able to earn animals, conservation credits, and avatar costumes.

Thanks for all of your support so far!

Last edited:
So ... "Animals from Europe" you say ... :unsure:

;)
I got some foreshadowing from that as well. Even though Europe’s most interesting animals are already extinct (imo), there’s still some neat animals they could add like muskoxen, crested porcupines, and Iberian lynxes.

But there are no european animals in the game.
Red Deer, Iberian Lynx, Wild Boar, Wisent, European Badger, Arctic Fox and Alpine Ibex would be neat to have in PZ
I imagine multi-continental animals would count (ex. Greater flamingo, reindeer).

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey all! Sorry to mislead you by saying animals from Europe, I was thinking of a large area of the globe that I could suggest as an example! Have changed it to animals from Africa instead, but the point still stands - you may be asked to fulfil a broader challenge instead of one that's based on one specific animal. Hope this helps! My apologies again!

I feel terrible (*) now! :(
It was really just meant as a very toung-in-cheek comment!
I didn't want to force you into any commitment - which I know you don't do out of principle.

(But I am still confident that you guys will focus on European animals at some point in the future. We have so much to offer ... ;) )

--

And on topic: I am sure the changes are good ones. I didn't and probably will not take part on those challenges, though. So all that was left for me was the tease ...)

(*) and this is also an exaggeration, because I am a drama queen. Don't worry, Chante! Everything is fine! :D

Last edited:
Imagine a challenge related to biomes as well. Like animals that normally live in Tundra or Desert.

Yes, I like these sort of variety to the challenges. Maybe also have alternatives to release such as the option to trade with other players .

So we could then have ..

... Breed
... Release
... Trade

.. Animals from the x Continent
.. Animals from the y Biome
.. Animals from the x Continent and y Biome for additional challenge
.. Animals in the normal, bronze, silver, gold category for additional challenge
.. Specific animal

I've completed the scenarios a second time around, so back onto the franchise zoos so will be back to breeding community challenge animals ( assuming I have access to some already rofl )

This change doesn't modify the challenge difficulty, as you still have only one week to complete each challenge. It would be different if the duration of each one were of two weeks. And well, some of the mentioned modifiers will increase even more the challenge difficulty (for example, star level requeriments).

I like to see more variety on the future challenges, but those changes doesn't helpt to reduce its difficulty. It would also be great to have more diversity on the outfit rewards, as for now only t-shirts and shorts are among the rewards.

Top Bottom