News Changes to Ram Tah Mission Bonus Rewards

Greetings Commanders,

As many have already noticed, the reward bonus for Ram Tah’s Ancient Ruin data mission has changed.

Ram Tah’s mission was initially intended as a temporary event within the game to further the narrative of the Ancient Ruins and research of its origins and purpose. This was to be replaced with the mission from Professor Palin – which is now active within the game. We decided that instead of removing this event mission from the game, it would remain at a reduced bonus so that those who didn’t have the opportunity to take part before can still do so.

Anyone that accepted this mission prior to the changes will receive the original reward bonus and will not be affected, while those who accepted the mission since these changes were made will receive the new, decreased bonus.

It is worth noting that missions within the game are subject to change and high-paying mission rewards will be tweaked as necessary. If you have any concerns or feedback please be sure to let us know and we’ll continue to report back any discussions to the Development Team.

I must say, I appreciate the update. However I am very dissapointed in this change of outcome. I was in the middle of flying back to the main bubble, from Colonia, to get in on these rewards for this mission only for them to become a measly 10 mill while I'm already halfway back to the main bubble. 10 mill for hours of work does not honestly seem like a fair payout in my opinion. Though I am happy to hear the mission is going to remain in the game, this is seriously discouraging as that payout was the biggest motivator for me to head back and participate. Clearly, this is no longer the case... Thanks.

Might have a go at this mission over the weekend.

I've no idea what's involved in this, but does a lone CMDR have any chance of finding all the sites without using a guide or list of locations?

Yes, if you've got a LOT of game time to spare - seriously - the optimised route still requires visiting at least a dozen ruins to collect all 101 data scans.
Finding the right combinations of the artefacts to scan with to get the data will takes hours.
I'd guess ( based on last time I almost completed it - couldn't due to last bug ) it would take 5-6 hours - AND THAT's WITH a good route planned and a reference of all the right combinations.
without a planned route and searching yourself ? well took the community a couple of months to find all the sites required!

I've completed the mission once but some of the scans where data bleed from the bugs at the time - I always planned to re-do it properly, I did try again later and got 100 out of the 101 before hitting that last stupid bug - NOW finally it's bug free and they reduce the payout! so sad.

So what has the bonus been reduced to ? ( I can't see that bit of info anywhere )

sollisb

Banned
For a games design company, Im not really understanding their design methodologies and decisions.

There are 2 layers in E.D. Combat in Res Sites, Trading and Exploration. Res siites has been nerfed to hell and back, Trading is well haulage, and exploration is well boring. I know, personal opinion.

But it seems to me, FD spend most of their time nerfing instead of adding real game play, and in the case of this mission, when players do actually like it, they nerf it.

My question is why? very soon, there'll be nothing of interest to do. Personally, I'm a HazzRes type, but even this lately is just gotten boring as heck.. Way less ships than there used to be, and now they've added these silly over-powered shields in addition to the pathetic 'now you see me now you dont' cheat.

I don't know.. Maybe I need to go play something else.

Why do I feel like the only sane person at a BBQ?

Look at all the lore events, the 24hr CGs, the Palin missions, Thargoid missions etc.. This is the only one that's lasted longer than the few days it started, FDev could have removed it entirely since it's "done" now as they have with the other ones. Instead they leave it completable for those that may be interested in the Guardians storyline.
And yet here everyone is and I can practically hear the disingenuous as they say "I was totally heading right out to do this right this second but now i'm quitting the game, posting a negative review and am starting a cult to burn every copy of the game in existence".
Jeez guys it's not like credits are hard to come by these days, if you want to follow the storyline you can still do that and get paid! That to me is amazing so many months on from when it was an actual puzzle/challenge instead of "follow this step by step checkpoint-charlie manual for 200mil!".

Yes the communication wasn't the best but Dale has come and held the hand up for FD and said yeah we messed up on that one. For me personally if you come out and admit that honestly and openly, fair enough. Anyone who's worked a busy job or whatever can sympathise when your to-do list stretches over a full page or if it was said in a meeting but nobody was assigned as action taker etc etc. In short, yeah it happens, I can get over it.

Oh and before you even think about it, I haven't done the mission yet, it's on a long to-do list so I'll get round to it sometime assuming it stays in game and FDev don't remove it entirely out of spite. Sometimes I wish they'd do stuff like that just to make people take a step back and look at what they are complaining about.
I truly and honestly hate this forum sometimes.

Look at all the lore events, the 24hr CGs, the Palin missions, Thargoid missions etc.. This is the only one that's lasted longer than the few days it started, FDev could have removed it entirely since it's "done" now as they have with the other ones. Instead they leave it completable for those that may be interested in the Guardians storyline.
And yet here everyone is and I can practically hear the disingenuous as they say "I was totally heading right out to do this right this second but now i'm quitting the game, posting a negative review and am starting a cult to burn every copy of the game in existence".
Jeez guys it's not like credits are hard to come by these days, if you want to follow the storyline you can still do that and get paid! That to me is amazing so many months on from when it was an actual puzzle/challenge instead of "follow this step by step checkpoint-charlie manual for 200mil!".

Yes the communication wasn't the best but Dale has come and held the hand up for FD and said yeah we messed up on that one. For me personally if you come out and admit that honestly and openly, fair enough. Anyone who's worked a busy job or whatever can sympathise when your to-do list stretches over a full page or if it was said in a meeting but nobody was assigned as action taker etc etc. In short, yeah it happens, I can get over it.

Oh and before you even think about it, I haven't done the mission yet, it's on a long to-do list so I'll get round to it sometime assuming it stays in game and FDev don't remove it entirely out of spite. Sometimes I wish they'd do stuff like that just to make people take a step back and look at what they are complaining about.

Typical white knighting...thx for that...FDev does everything right...you are welcome
And i hate white washing in this forum even more

Typical white knighting...thx for that...FDev does everything right...you are welcome
And i hate white washing in this forum even more

Typical 2 line answer which has no response to any of the points I raised and resorts to attacking the person not any arguments. *Slow clap*

And yeah, white knight, maybe you want to check my post history for my frequent criticism of things like the naval ranking system grind + many other aspects. Just because I disagree here doesn't mean you know me. Welcome to my ignore list, hope you have fun even if it comes across like you are a bit paranoid :)

Last edited:
Typical 2 line answer which has no response to any of the points I raised and resorts to attacking the person not any arguments since you for some reason mistook a fun lore mission for a profession and are salty you can't earn a quick buck anymore.

Sorry you see it that way...and by the way I have enough bucks I don't need anymore ...what I need is interesting gameplay and game design..this mission did have all what I was looking for. Oh did forget...I don't care about your ignore list...not at all

Last edited:
On my list of things to do.....

FD changes reward

Still on my list of things to do.

I really must see an asteroid base before worrying about this mission.

I always assumed it would be removed at some point, similar to satellites that gave info to help located bases and other things. Thanks for keeping it around, I promise to get to it at some point.

Simon

sollisb

Banned

You are correct in many ways, if, and mean IF, the game was in a stable, playable state. The truth is, it is not. There are bugs in every facet of game play. The actual game play itself is shallow, but thats fine. What is not fine, is constantly making it more difficult to accomplish things. Everything is hinged to a random dice roll. It's cheap, easy development, which allows rapid turn around of code, at the cost of actual game play.

What we should be seeing are bug fixes and solidifying of game play mechanics. But those mechanics are so reliant on random dice rolls that's it's easier to just leave them be, and make other parts more difficult.

Looking at recent additions, and you cant help but wonder.. What did we actually pay for?

Landing on planets? It's the exact same for every planet, nothing different, nothing new.

Planetary missions? Yes, but bugged and again reliant on randomness.

Engineers? More randomness. Some actually hidden behind random numbers that can take days to roll the right one!!

Multi-Crew? Limited to combat and even then, network buggy and meh

Ship Launched NPCs? You cant see them, they're debatably useful, and again more shoddy cheap code to have them repeat the exact same phrase over and over again. (When the target is dead!)

Holo-Me? An avatar that you only to see as a cropped face in messages.

The graphical end of E.D. is outstanding! The underlying code, the game play is a shambles. We were writing better stuff for MUDs way back in the 80s and 90s.

I keep seeing people post that it's a 10 year plan... It'll never get there.

Sorry.. But you can't abuse your player base with random dice rolls, treat them as beta testers, and kill any impetus they had to play the mess by constantly nerfing and making things more difficult.

Personal Opinion :)

Underwhelming to say the least... you did it again and again and again...nerfing everything to death...you cannot say that this is good game design...not at all.:mad:

I don't wish to answer for the development team on this one as I'm not an expert, but knowing the team it is part of a larger picture and not specifically just related to this. I will pass it on as feedback with the others that I've gathered from this subject, though.

Sorry you see it that way...and by the way I have enough bucks I don't need anymore ...what I need is interesting gameplay and game design..this mission did have all what I was looking for. Oh did forget...I don't care about your ignore list...not at all

The gameplay and game design remains, as does the reward for the mission. The only thing that was changed was the bonus reward. The parts that you highlight as the real interest of this mission remains unchanged from prior to this updated bonus reward.

I must say, I appreciate the update. However I am very dissapointed in this change of outcome. I was in the middle of flying back to the main bubble, from Colonia, to get in on these rewards for this mission only for them to become a measly 10 mill while I'm already halfway back to the main bubble. 10 mill for hours of work does not honestly seem like a fair payout in my opinion. Though I am happy to hear the mission is going to remain in the game, this is seriously discouraging as that payout was the biggest motivator for me to head back and participate. Clearly, this is no longer the case... Thanks.

Seriously? 111 mil is not considered great? you still get 1 mil per 'find' the 10 mil is a bonus over that. so 101 + 10 mil...

sollisb

Banned
I don't wish to answer for the development team on this one as I'm not an expert, but knowing the team it is part of a larger picture and not specifically just related to this. I will pass it on as feedback with the others that I've gathered from this subject, though.

Then should'nt it have been left as is, until such time as the other parts in the as yet, unknown picture, were ready to publish?

The gameplay and game design remains, as does the reward for the mission. The only thing that was changed was the bonus reward. The parts that you highlight as the real interest of this mission remains unchanged from prior to this updated bonus reward.

Many people play, for a myriad of reasons. I fly FSX flights all the time for no reward. How-ever, I play E.D. to get more ships, more modules etc. If I'm going to invest time then I want a reward. When you (FD) suddenly, and for no good reason, nerf it, I get the feeling FD don't care about my time and game play and are more interested in making it harder for me to enjoy it.. Again, as with all my posts, I speak for myself.

But it seems to me, FD spend most of their time nerfing instead of adding real game play, and in the case of this mission, when players do actually like it, they nerf it.
^^^^This
As I said before, I have done this mission many times(8-10 I think,1st time for me,all the rest bar one was for the guide), and not for the Credits,because I spent dozens of hours out of the game putting my notes in to my guide.
Though I say you can do it in 6 hours(hence over 30M Cr/h) I think I averaged more like 20 hours if you take in to account stopping for notes, editing maps,working out route(I did ROUTE 1,ROUTE 2 was made using CANONN Optimiser).
In the end I loved the solace, SRV driving, the strange noises, the darkness(well near darkness, don't get me started on that), and the credits were nice too :)

Just like the link in my sig for Horizons' wonders(most wonders in there got nerfed), this is now history for many. I know many others will still do it,and I hope they do, but none the less : Meh !!!

Yeah, but the difference is all the above mentioned missions clearly state that they are temporary and they have a deadline, while nothing in the ancient ruins mission indicated that it will be only available temporary.
And then the mission payout was reduced overnight without a previous announcement.
Maybe you see the difference? Or why people are upset.

I'm completely fine with the reduction of the payout, actually thought 201M is way too much anyway.
But I would very much like if we were given a heads-up in the future (preferably in-game) that the mission will be removed or the payout changed beforehand, with a reasonable time frame so people can still do the mission or complete it.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the difference is all the above mentioned missions clearly state that they are temporary and they have a deadline, while nothing in the ancient ruins mission indicated that it will be only available temporary.
And then the mission payout was reduced overnight without a previous announcement.
Maybe you see the difference? Or why people are upset.

I'm completely fine with the reduction of the payout, actually thought 201M is way too much anyway.
But I would very much like if we were given a heads-up in the future (preferably in-game) that the mission will be removed or the payout changed beforehand, with a reasonable time frame so people can still do the mission or complete it.

Yep and that's a fair response to the situation.
I actually think the payout should have been somewhere in the middle, maybe 40mil instead of 200 right down to 11 and (Edited: Zeiman rightly points out the mission has lost 90mil to the bonus not the 1 mil per scan payout, my bad, haven't actually done the mission yet). as I mentioned in the post it's quite right to point out the lack in comms which Dale responded to earlier.

The thing that bothers me here really if I'm honest is the whole sensationalist atmosphere where this one change to a single mission reward in game has ruined everything there is possible to be ruined. :)

Last edited:

sollisb

Banned
I actually think the payout should have been somewhere in the middle, maybe 40mil instead of 200 right down to 11 and as I mentioned in the post it's quite right to point out the lack in comms which Dale responded to earlier.

The thing that bothers me here really if I'm honest is the whole sensationalist atmosphere where this one change to a single mission reward in game has ruined everything there is possible to be ruined. :)

Because there is no reason for it other than to reduce players income for doing it.

I actually think the payout should have been somewhere in the middle, maybe 40mil instead of 200 right down to 11 and as I mentioned in the post it's quite right to point out the lack in comms which Dale responded to earlier.

Oh come on !!! Stop being a drama queen ;)
There are many many things we want fixed/changed , and then FD comes along and changes the one thing we don't want changed. No wonder the sky is falling on our head...

Top Bottom