News Changes to Ram Tah Mission Bonus Rewards

I am on my second run of this mission and although it has been nerfed to me its still worth it, and certainly a refreshing change from the usual grind. It's quite easy to complete after spending a few hours preparing an easy to use excel sheet with all the sites and data I can do it in 2 days spending just 5 to 6 hours per day. I know there is now better ways in 2.4 to make those kind of credits in just hours but its not the same as blitzing around these sites in your SRV. just make sure you have plenty of mats for repairs and refuels and most of all have fun. On a side note there is also a couple of million to be made gathering exploration data on the trips between systems so that breaks up the repetition a little too. o7

Hmmm. You just described spending hours 10-12 cross-referencing items on an excel spreadshseet as 'fun'. I'm thinking that we have different concepts of 'fun'. :D

Edit: Oh my God did Brett nerf smileys? :O

This seems personal

So, I'm a fairly recent CMDR and I love the sim immensely, warts and all. Nerfing, what under any circumstance is Alot of work to complete seems rather petty and strikes me as more inter office sort of tripe rather than the flimsy temporary/replaced by awful Palin missions excuse. It is an absorbing quest, the scenery, as always, is stunning and the creativity expressed is wonderful. As with many of the other dorks, I am fascinated by the tantalizing story with this quest and it forces exploration of elements of the game (fuel synthesis, repairing the relatively fragile scarab etc) which I had frankly avoided until this point. Hardly hurt at all, extremely well done folks, most other games systems are a horror. I appreciate all the outside work by people for this quest and in general and acknowledge their accomplishments. Frankly those other sites should be given some special considerations as the game would be nearly insufferable without their efforts filling in some gaps better CMDRs than I have already pointed out (extensively, Yamiks come to mind). A decent living can be readily made in this expansive universe, but it approaches far to often the level of effort to be literal work; so leave a reward alone, I mean really. There are maps and spreadsheets, well now, almost as easy as my taxes. Something for consideration, I play on console so all maps, eddb, et al- live on a separate linux pc, so while easiER, it is hardly easy. I want more players, perhaps more than FD (missed this genre sooo much), so stop being so STINGY. What does 200 mil get you, half the outfitting for an Anaconda?

I look forward to the coming updates, (codex, because why should I know where I've been; our Technically President knows nothing about History and what mistakes from the past is he promulgating?) but that shouldn't take away from my sincere praise and admiration for the game.

So, I'm a fairly recent CMDR and I love the sim immensely, warts and all. Nerfing, what under any circumstance is Alot of work to complete seems rather petty and strikes me as more inter office sort of tripe rather than the flimsy temporary/replaced by awful Palin missions excuse. It is an absorbing quest, the scenery, as always, is stunning and the creativity expressed is wonderful. As with many of the other dorks, I am fascinated by the tantalizing story with this quest and it forces exploration of elements of the game (fuel synthesis, repairing the relatively fragile scarab etc) which I had frankly avoided until this point. Hardly hurt at all, extremely well done folks, most other games systems are a horror. I appreciate all the outside work by people for this quest and in general and acknowledge their accomplishments. Frankly those other sites should be given some special considerations as the game would be nearly insufferable without their efforts filling in some gaps better CMDRs than I have already pointed out (extensively, Yamiks come to mind). A decent living can be readily made in this expansive universe, but it approaches far to often the level of effort to be literal work; so leave a reward alone, I mean really. There are maps and spreadsheets, well now, almost as easy as my taxes. Something for consideration, I play on console so all maps, eddb, et al- live on a separate linux pc, so while easiER, it is hardly easy. I want more players, perhaps more than FD (missed this genre sooo much), so stop being so STINGY. What does 200 mil get you, half the outfitting for an Anaconda?

I look forward to the coming updates, (codex, because why should I know where I've been; our Technically President knows nothing about History and what mistakes from the past is he promulgating?) but that shouldn't take away from my sincere praise and admiration for the game.

Just want to say in advance that I hope this doesn't come across as having a go - I'm just explaining.

So honestly, it's not a nerf. All that's happened is the bonus has been brought back in line with the terms that was set out for the mission.

The terms of the mission when it was issued were 1 million per piece of data discovered and a 100 million bonus if anyone was able to get all the bits of data as it was incredibly difficult to do so.

At that point we had one site.

We didn't even know if there were any other sites, let alone have any idea where they were.

Sites didn't start appearing in scanners until the mission was first fully completed. So that's eyeball searches of planets. With no idea which systems to look at, let alone which planets.

A huge amount of work went in from a lot of players, but it still took several galnet posts to identify systems, and even then the many landables in them had to be eyeball searched just to find the sites.

All that before even getting in to working out what combos of artefacts needed to be used on which obelisks at which sites...

The point is that the gap between how difficult the mission was when it was first issued and how easy it is now is extreme to say the least.

Taking all that into account, do you genuinely think that you should get the same reward as was offered when it was first issued?

Anyway, I realise that might all sound a bit harsh, so a bit of hopefully useful advice for you - don't worry so much about the money. You're already hitting the point where you're talking about making money seeming like actual work. If you continue down that path you'll end up complaining about how much grind is in the game. You don't need loads of money to play and enjoy the game. You might decide you want loads of money but you don't actually need it. If you want to do something like exploration or lore hunting, just go and do it. If you go off in search of money then that's up to you, but if you choose to do it, just remember that if you end up annoyed that you've spent loads of time doing it and didn't enjoy it, then it was your choice and you could have been doing something in-game that you enjoy instead.

Best of luck, cmdr!

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Dale Emaisir,

I can't complete this mission because the pre-requisites for entering the Ancient Ruins door are not described or explained properly by in game mechanics. It's been sitting in my mission tab un-touched 3 weeks as a result. Frontier for the love of god please stop making us rely on rumour mill and YouTube channels to complete these Easter eggs. I don't want to waste my free time running web searches to discover the item pre-requisites for the latest side quest added to the game.

Dale Emaisir,

I can't complete this mission because the pre-requisites for entering the Ancient Ruins door are not described or explained properly by in game mechanics. It's been sitting in my mission tab un-touched 3 weeks as a result. Frontier for the love of god please stop making us rely on rumour mill and YouTube channels to complete these Easter eggs. I don't want to waste my free time running web searches to discover the item pre-requisites for the latest side quest added to the game.

If this is satire, then ha ha ha, very well done.

If it's not, then you need an SRV. That's it.

Regarding the mission's regularity and repetition

Greetings Commanders,

As many have already noticed, the reward bonus for Ram Tah’s Ancient Ruin data mission has changed.

Ram Tah’s mission was initially intended as a temporary event within the game to further the narrative of the Ancient Ruins and research of its origins and purpose. This was to be replaced with the mission from Professor Palin – which is now active within the game. We decided that instead of removing this event mission from the game, it would remain at a reduced bonus so that those who didn’t have the opportunity to take part before can still do so.

Anyone that accepted this mission prior to the changes will receive the original reward bonus and will not be affected, while those who accepted the mission since these changes were made will receive the new, decreased bonus.

It is worth noting that missions within the game are subject to change and high-paying mission rewards will be tweaked as necessary. If you have any concerns or feedback please be sure to let us know and we’ll continue to report back any discussions to the Development Team.

Can I just ask with regards to this mission I'd like to take a break and restock and repair my ship, so is it possible for me to go back to meene hand in the mission partially completed and then leave the station and re-enter and pick it up again?

Can I just ask with regards to this mission I'd like to take a break and restock and repair my ship, so is it possible for me to go back to meene hand in the mission partially completed and then leave the station and re-enter and pick it up again?

No - I've just tested that. You get paid the full amount for the scans you have done, but if you want to complete the mission you have to re-dock (or dock again in the future) and pick it up from the start.

It's not so bad - a friend and I have been doing this - we started 3 days ago and are already over half way through, doing just 2-3 hours per evening. What is bad is that many of the obelisks are still bugged. Usually ones involving caskets.

We found that following the canonn science map guides is the best way to go. I came across one obelisk last night which showed a different pair of symbols than those on the canonn map but it turned out the map ones were correct - not the ones shown on the obelisk.

You also really need to keep a note of which scans you've done and cross-reference them with the spreadsheet, the map and the ruins you are scanning, so that you can tell whether a scan isn't working because it's bugged or whether you already have it from somewhere else.

Another common bug is messages saying the scan has failed, when it hasn't. These are old bugs, but from the wording of the original post here, I'm pretty sure that these bugs will never get any attention from FD.

Palin's missions have been nerfed to being worthless to accept. I used to take these on when I could only fit 2T corrosion racks. Now with the 16T the missions are a waste of time. Just sayin!

I tried this mission back in March. It was (is?) fatally bugged for me due to the empty research limpet bug (no announcement re a fix for that). Was about to try it again with a Krait, but now - not worth the grind. Thanks. Not. :mad::x

Top Bottom