Parks Charleston Gardens Amusement Park

2018 will mark the 44th season of Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. We are the largest free admission amusement park in the Carolina's. With over 40 rides and attractions and world class roller coasters so much fun for the whole family. Charleston Gardens Amusement Park opened in 1974 during the theme park boom of the 70's. At first the park wasn't big at all. But over the years the park grew and grew to what the park is today. When the park first opened it was family owned up until 1980 when the park was bought by Funtime Inc. They owned the park until 1985 when Charleston Gardens went back to being a family owned amusement park. In 1989 at the end of the season a powerful hurricane named Hugo was heading towards the Carolina's. Hurricane Hugo caused a lot of damage to Charleston SC and Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. The park would be closed for about 4 years after that until 1995. When the park re-opened in 1995 the community was thrilled to have there family owned amusement park back in business. What makes Charleston Gardens Amusement Park different is our free admission, free picnic grove, free parking and free entertainment. We do offer unlimited ride plans for around $40. I'm proud to be the VP and Director of Thrill Rides at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. This year when we opened our gates for the 2018 season on March 17th we had over 1,000 visitors in the park. Although I didn't get a chance to take any pictures the park was very crowded. Come to Charleston Gardens Amusement Park for the best amusement park food and entertainment. Here is a picture of our main gate and our giant ferris wheel in the background. I will be posting updates every week on what is going on at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park.

160onmf.jpg

Ryan K
VP & Director of Thrill Rides
Charleston Gardens Amusement Park

Last edited:
Allright, I'm curious to your park.
Hopefully you implented the story in the structures (new and old, destroyed and refurbished rides etc)

Cant wait to see the pics

Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures If I can found them.

Ryan K

March 31st
Today was a very busy day at the park. With great spring like weather and temperatures in the mid 50's it was a perfect day trip to visit Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. A lot of our gusts took advantage of our buy one get one free unlimited ride passes today which were a big hit. Here is a night time shot of our giant wheel from the main gate.
plhly.jpg

Here is a picture of one of our new rides for 2018 The Wacky Worm. Our gusts seem to really enjoy it.
xkvi8j.jpg

A very crowded night time shot of the main gate at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park
2s01xjn.jpg

Ryan K

Last edited:
Cool, it looks pretty good so far... only reason I asked was that during RCT3 days I was a huge fan of Charleston Gardens and CD5's progression into Six Flags South Carolina, and it gave me so much inspiration when I was building parks.

I got inspired by CD5's creation of Charleston Gardens as well. I think if you have a story to your park you get more inspiration from it. I will keep adding to my story of my Charleston Gardens creation. I have some big plans for the park.

April 7, 2018
Good Saturday Evening from Charleston Gardens Amusement Park
Here is our Giant Wheel at sunset. Something about our Giant Wheel at sunset that is just beautiful.
208zfvq.jpg

Here is some pictures from our Western Town in the park.
a9li5s.jpg

Also here is one of our thrill rides found in our Western Town The Rig Of Fire
1zebgus.jpg

If you want the best pizza in the park go to Mystic Pizza
2day9gx.jpg

Today wasn't a very busy day at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park due to the weather keeping the crowds down. Although a pretty decent crowd for a stormy day.
i261co.jpg

Ryan K

April 8th 2018
Just a quick update from Charleston Gardens Amusement Park
Here is what the park looks like from above. This is why Charleston Gardens Amusement Park is the largest free admission amusement park in The Carolina's
hv71g1.jpg

The park is still a work in progress. I have to finish up some more thinks with it then I will upload it to the workshop. Stay tuned

I wonder what is going on behind the construction fence? A big announcement coming later this year. What would you like to see in this area.
x2wh3d.jpg

Ryan K

April 28th 2018
Today at the Charleston Gardens Amusement Park the crowd was decent. So many people like our new pizza cheesesteak. It's one of my favorites as well. Also rumors are starting to pop up on what is going in the back of the park for 2019. Some people think a new concert venue others think a new roller coaster. You will have to wait a little longer for the big announcement later this year. Below are some pictures that I took inside the park today.
Another view from Charleston Gardens Amusement Park
15gp73m.jpg

Some people enjoying The Bandit roller coaster
2vcvxab.jpg

May 13th 2018
Happy Mother's Day from All of us at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. Today all mother's that came to the park got a rose and a free all day ride pass. The park was very crowded due to the warm weather we've been having here in SC.
2s78kmb.jpg

A lot of people were riding American Vulture a great wooden coaster that is a must when you visit Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. Built in 1998 with a height of 110 feet speed over 50mph. This wooden coaster has some great air time. You can find this great coaster in our Western Town of Charleston Gardens Amusement Park.
2q00i6b.jpg

On a hot day getting a hand made slushie with fresh fruit is a good idea.
iqwok1.jpg

And when having dessert at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park you must stop by Frizzy's Sweet Shop for her famous sticky buns and her chocolate dream pies.
flzo9i.jpg

Some rumors going around about what can be going in this area for next year. So far I heard people saying a new water park to a new Family/Kiddie Ride area. Keep on guessing the big announcement coming at the end of August.
fucjkw.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice comment. When designing this park I wanted it to be more trees and a more of a country feel. I feel that some theme parks today are just pavement and rides with little or no shade from trees. I try to put things where they look the best.

May 20th 2018
Today was extremely busy at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park as we were running our Buy One Get One Free All Day Ride Pass. Our guests seem to be liking that deal. One of the rides that was really popular today was our Satellite Ride. Wait times were about a half hour. Our Satellite Ride dates back to 1959 which came to Charleston Gardens Amusement Park from another amusement park that closed. The ride been at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park since 1975.
2149wer.jpg

Here is Whirl Wind a fast spinning roller coaster. It's been at the park since 1999. At the time it was the only one of it's kind.
21diz2r.jpg

Here at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park we like a good wooden roller coaster. This one also came to us from another amusement park as well. It's called Blue Comet. It's been at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park since 1974.
xpnibm.jpg

A big crowd to end a nice weekend here in Charleston SC. When you visit Charleston Gardens Amusement Park you will leave with a big smile on your face. And as always please come again. Also some of our guests are still trying to figure out what is coming in 2019. I can't say much right now but it has lots and lots of nails. I will leave you with that hint for now.
iee7hw.jpg

Something big is coming in this area in 2019
fucjkw.jpg

Last edited:
June 17th
Happy Father's Day from all of us here at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park.
Here is one of our favorite rides in the park the Spinning Wild Mouse which opened in 1998.
290xwlx.jpg

A crowded Midway on a nice warm Father's Day
a60j9.jpg

American Vulture one of 3 wooden roller coasters that you will find at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. It opened in 2015 part of our Western Town.
mmzcie.jpg

Also you can't have an amusement park without good old bumper cars. These Bumper Cars have been at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park since 1974. Always a crowd favorite.
20h84cp.jpg

Our Western Town is really popular these days. This section of the park was added in 2000 and it was expanded in 2005. It's my favorite part of the park.
r7umf5.jpg

Also here is a first clue on what the new attraction might be for 2019. A new clue will be revealed every Sunday.
First Clue
It has a lot of wood

Last edited:
Top Bottom