Cheap ship with big jump range?

Hello

I'm on the edge of the bubble and want to get back to Sol quickly - I've got 55 million credits available to me, what is the cheapest smallest ship I can buy with a big jump range to get me back there as quickly as possible?

Thanks,
Ackoman

See if you can find an Asp explorer - its one of the best long range ships in game. Ship will cost 6M credits. Outfit it with 5A FSD, and dump anything that can be considered extra weight. Upgrade all core internals to D type for additional weight savings, and you should have a ship that will go 30Ly on a single jump. Plus it has a 32t fuel tank, and if you feel like it, you could drop a second 32t tank in one of the optional internal spaces, which will make it go even further without refuels. As you are in the bubble, that should more than get you home without fuel scooping or the such.

In the time it took you to post, any ship would have gotten you half way. Lol
The bubble isn't very big these days.

But yeah, Hauler, Adder, even an eagle can jump 20~ly. DBS is also good.

DBS works too, and it's not just a disposable hull to be thrown away after you're done traveling. Later you can choose to fit it up and use it for some small ship shenanigans.

Not as widely available as a hauler or adder though.

Hauler with the yellow skin :p
At the moment I have a AspX with 51ly range (but an increased cost to transfer between stations).

Bear in mind if you sell the ship again you will lose an amount of money. I found the Hauler to be the best balance of ly jump to cost.

CMDR Larzzus

Definitely the Hauler. I took a Corvette out to Colonia and rigged a Hauler for distance back at my home base. This was so I could cheaply transport it out to Colonia for the journey back and leave my Corvette there. I believe it had nearly 40LY with some simple Engineering, but was certainly nearly 30LY without it. It was a surprisingly good little explorer :)

As everyone else has said, a Hauler makes the best taxi. Especially with the yellow paint job.

It's even better with an Enhanced Performance Thruster and a little engineering. ;)

a hauler, but thats just half the work.

you also need someone with a conda, with all force shell cannons to give you a push. no neutron star needed :)

Top Bottom