Cheater NPC-s with Railguns, or something like that, mostly vultures

Since the combat bond, and bounty boost, the NPC-s are cheating even more. Most of them have some kind of gimballed railguns (all have one at least), with the 95% accuracy, from 2000m to my small ship too while thrusting sideways randomly! Also they constantly spamming chaff, and SCB, which should make my small ships melt, but for they the heat radiator isn't visible...
Also the cheater vultures and vipers have stronger armors than for example an anaconda, or corvette! How it's possible?

I see the same while i flying with courier, or anaconda. Its funny that the railgun hit shakes the anaconda, just it does a small ship. It's really much easier to destroy a big ship (corvette, anaconda, gunship, ETC) than the cheater vultures, or other small ships like that! Both with big, or small ship.

If the NPC aim is so accurate, then why can't humans have for example gimballed railguns?

Since the combat bond, and bounty boost, the NPC-s are cheating even more. Most of them have some kind of gimballed railguns (all have one at least), with the 95% accuracy, from 2000m to my small ship too while thrusting sideways randomly! Also they constantly spamming chaff, and SCB, which should make my small ships melt, but for they the heat radiator isn't visible...

None of that is new.

If the NPC aim is so accurate, then why can't humans have for example gimballed railguns?

Target modules and your rail guns will gain a gimbal effect too.

Also the cheater vultures and vipers have stronger armors than for example an anaconda, or corvette! How it's possible?

I see the same while i flying with courier, or anaconda. Its funny that the railgun hit shakes the anaconda, just it does a small ship. It's really much easier to destroy a big ship (corvette, anaconda, gunship, ETC) than the cheater vultures, or other small ships like that! Both with big, or small ship.

OK - DOOD.
By definition NPC's don't cheat. They are programmed to spawn and respond based upon your situation and rank.
Railguns are NOT GIMBALLED. YOU are just not getting out of the way. Time their shots, and BOOST just before they fire. Don't be there when the round arrives.
Since you're using 'Cheater' over and over, I assume you're NOT able to fight Spec-Ops Vultures? They're tough, but they are not designed to cheat. They are quite predictable, once you've seen them a few times. Learn their weaknesses, and use it to your advantage.

Nah, i dont think so.

nah not really

Rail guns are hitscan weapons - you cant evade those no matter how fast or how small is your ship and certainly not from 2k range.
The bigger the range, the harder is to evade hitscans.

And NPCs are really good with fixed weapons. I mean when they get their harmless pilot license, they already learned how to aim with fixed weapons (which usually is not happening with their human counterparts)
I've seen more than once my harmless SLF pilot flying my Cutter armed with a huge plasma and hitting haulers or adders, especially when they used it as opener

...and find your modules fried on return :)
If there is one thing an NPC doesn't care about, its heat.

Indeed - and they dont care about ammo conservation either.
I once let my elite crew fly my mining rig during a pirate attack - she threw everything at it, including ssd missiles, seismic charges and abrasion blaster
It was a really nice show, but having to resynth ammo for the mining tools was not :)

Indeed - and they dont care about ammo conservation either.
I once let my elite crew fly my mining rig during a pirate attack - she threw everything at it, including ssd missiles, seismic charges and abrasion blaster
It was a really nice show, but having to resynth ammo for the mining tools was not :)
So - As an AAR, how DO SSD missiles do against a Vulture?
;)

I think my Alt is rated Novice. In order to complete a mission to take down pirate faction ships, I was regularly encountering Elite NPCs at a Compromised Nav Beacon. These had rail guns. But max pips to shields, and not flying in a straight line head on towards the ships, makes it difficult for them to inflict damage from which you can't recover.

It might be your pip management that needs improving.

shortly after 3.3 I saw something that looked like... a gimballed huge plasma on npc Anaconda, seriously, but plasmas don't wobble like that. Now npc's sometimes shoot missiles from their "rear", I got a bandit in fas locked in he is escaping and somehow he manages to land dumbfire missiles on me almost like his missile rack was turreted, totally bonkers stuff :ROFLMAO:

My favorite rare bug is/was when an NPC would empty a single seeker missile's entire clip in one shot. They'd plume out like thargon interceptors from a cyclops.

Now npc's sometimes shoot missiles from their "rear", I got a bandit in fas locked in he is escaping and somehow he manages to land dumbfire missiles on me almost like his missile rack was turreted, totally bonkers stuff :ROFLMAO:

CMDRs can fire missiles backwards as well in multicrew. It’s one of the best defences for a battle cutter against an agile ship who sticks on your tail. They get a surprise when 60 packhounds land on them :)

But regarding the main topic .. I feel like those medium ship npc’s have aimbot type behaviour. I found the best way to avoid it is constantly thrust down + left or right while keeping your nose pointed at them. They usually miss me when I fly like that

Not since the bugs early on in the Engineers update with the machine gun rail gun NPCs that I've experienced. Still managed fine, but had a close call and had to bow down and see myself out. Pretty wild to experience though. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom