Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I wonder if FDev is going to over reach if/when they try to fix these issues. I mean, a good portion of us all change the HUD colors and in doing so have fundamentally made a change to the game. Maybe not the degree that Infinity Shields does, but it's still a "hack". I don't particularly care for modders and hacks, but I do change my HUD colors.

Maybe a drop bear attacked your modem.
C'mon mate, we all know drop bears only feed on human blood. SMH :p
I work for a backpacker chain, and we have these flyers up all over the place.

I wonder if FDev is going to over reach if/when they try to fix these issues. I mean, a good portion of us all change the HUD colors and in doing so have fundamentally made a change to the game. Maybe not the degree that Infinity Shields does, but it's still a "hack". I don't particularly care for modders and hacks, but I do change my HUD colors.
Hmmmm Ban hammer?
But technically, you are correct. Which brings us to the next topic: Would modding be considered hacking? After all, you are altering the way the game it is meant to be played. Your HUD colour should be yellow-ish because that's how the Dev's made it.

I've never changed my HUD colours, is there any potential advantage to be gained? That's the important part I think.

I've never changed my HUD colours, is there any potential advantage to be gained? That's the important part I think.

I did it for eye strain. When I play, it's usually after the kiddos are in bed and it's me in the office playing, so I turn the lights down and put on the headset and fly. In the dark, that amber can really stand out.

Crap... I almost forgot... I also changed the FOV.

Hello everyone,

We take this activity very seriously and, working alongside our development and support teams, are active in taking actions against those who engage with such activities.

We hope you understand that we are not able to share the details of the action actively being taken, or the steps we have in place to tackle the use of these tools, as we do not wish those engaging with this sort of behaviour to circumvent the controls we have in place.

We’ve been reading through all of the feedback you’ve shared. We appreciate your concerns and wanted to take a moment to inform and remind you that the use of cheats, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software is strictly prohibited.

Thanks for your understanding.

wait....voice attack is automation software and can easily circumvent all sorts of intentional design limitations right out of the box without the user having to intentionally program it to do so.

so..........

Still doesn't make any difference.

Other than the fact that you can shoot people without any repercussions, there is 0 change to the system.

Sorry, you´re wrong. Besides not having System Authority they also open black markets and Interstellar Factors. Several of them produce rare goods. At least one, The Nameless, provide Federal and Alliance ships for Colonia. In the past they have provided Imperial armors from the outposts in Carcosa.

Never mind the role playing implications on the game world.

Bit more than zero, yes?

Sorry, you´re wrong. Besides not having System Authority they also open black markets and Interstellar Factors. Several of them produce rare goods. At least one, The Nameless, provide Federal and Alliance ships for Colonia. In the past they have provided Imperial armors from the outposts in Carcosa.

Bit more than zero, yes?
Ok what does any of that change except text or numbers on the screen? How does it change the galaxy? It's like a pinball machine, you can roll the score higher and flip the levers but when you leave it will be just like it was when you started, unless the designers change it.

Ok what does any of that change except text or numbers on the screen? How does it change the galaxy? It's like a pinball machine, you can roll the score higher and flip the levers but when you leave it will be just like it was when you started, unless the designers change it.

Getting OT so I'm going to leave it here. Maybe this weekend I'll start a new thread and school y'all.

Bit more than zero, yes?
Nothing really worth writing home about.
It would make a difference if this would be the place to buy hot modules or weapons, or even stuff that has been modified beyond good and evil, so something with severe drawbacks for example. Example: Standard Rail does 50 damage per shot, you engineer it to G5 to do more. Now here you might be able to find something that would be the equivalent of a G6 or G7 - limited stock of course. Or fly a rare mission for the pirates, making you wanted/notorious and get one as a reward. Rolls could be off the chart, G6 or G7, hot item, they need to ditch. But that rail might have a flaw that it might blow up and needs fixing.
So really, a proper pirate base would have much more significance than "just another anarchy system/station".

It would make a difference if this would be the place to buy hot modules or weapons, or even stuff that has been modified beyond good and evil, so something with severe drawbacks for example. Example: Standard Rail does 50 damage per shot, you engineer it to G5 to do more. Now here you might be able to find something that would be the equivalent of a G6 or G7 - limited stock of course. Or fly a rare mission for the pirates, making you wanted/notorious and get one as a reward. Rolls could be off the chart, G6 or G7, hot item, they need to ditch. But that rail might have a flaw that it might blow up and needs fixing.
So really, a proper pirate base would have much more significance than "just another anarchy system/station".
Pffff. You haven't seen how splendid Robardin is ;)

While I agree that anarchy needs to stand out more, your proposals are even more lame than anything Frontier could come up with. :)

I watched part of a yootoob yesterday where some bod was showing just what one of these tools could do and it made me decide never to load in open play ever again. I mean, taking the chance of being torn a new one by someone who has a super PvP build is one thing but being wiped by some LULZ-seeker with infinite SCB, etc etc is just not on.

While I agree that anarchy needs to stand out more, your proposals are even more lame than anything Frontier could come up with. :)

Personally, on the Anarchy System front, I think Anarchy systems should be the PvP zones with Secure Systems being locked to PvE only. That way the entire game can go Open but if you want to avoid PvP you simply don’t fly to Anarchy systems.

PvP CGs or PP events can then simply be set-up to happen on Anarchy systems or PvE events in non-Anarchy systems.

Missions to take goods or eliminate pirates in Anarchy systems should then pay more - for obvious risk/reward reasons.

But I don’t think that was the original question ... :)

I don't see any reason to name people. Banning or however the punishment goes should be good enough. I think some people who want to see names just want to know if the person that beat them was cheating or perhaps how many names show up on the list were respected people of the elite community because it provides gossip fodder. That's not the onus of the developer.

At the same time however I understand that people who have lost faith in the Integrity of the game need to know what has been trimmed away to know that anything has. Otherwise it's status quo and they probably have no faith that anything has changed.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom