cheating in PP

I'm one of those guys who suspects everybody else is cheating and maybe report fairplay as cheating and pass on the real cheaters. Of course part of the problem is I don't understand some combat dynamics, which makes me hesitant to report it.

But today in Harma, in a t-10, i thought I'd take on a wing of 3, two vipers and a courier, in the Hudson faction. I set my turrets to fire at will and went at it.

my problem is, at some point one of the vipers flew right in front of me and I watched as 5 of my turrets, including a microcannon with corrosive shell, took solid aim at him for several volleys. His hull was at 73%, and it didn't go down despite my weapons being trained right on him, hitting him in the face, for a good few seconds at least. I had to be doing a solid ~50dps at least, minus his resistances, which even if his hull was fully engineered to max, I think should have knocked him down at least 5-10%. Especially considering he was already out of shields and down to 73%, I think this is a fair assessment. But it did not go down at all.

I don't know. I think previous players don't know that putting turrets on 'fire at will' is a thing, and maybe they thought I was cheating too.

But I am super dismayed by it. I can only assume the worst if my weapons do no damage to a viper. I guess I can report the guy when I log on again, (or at least report the one to whom my kill is attributed, since they were in a wing,) ... but if there is rampant cheating in the game, it is just utterly and completely ruined. I spent so much time building my t-10, PP should be climax to my grind, but it is all for naught if there is even a little viper turning on some hack.

If there is cheating, it should face severe repercussions.

I went to the same haz site, and I ambushed another player (chieftain) with archon's faction. (playing dirty I guess but the way I want the game to work.) next thing I know, he's flying circles around me like a SLF. From the look of it, with the express intention of displaying his cheat menu.

I think this is two in a row. I can't believe cheating like this is so rampant. At least this guy let me get away, just made a flaunting show of it.

Also when I checked my contact log, he was registered as 'killed me' (and I even believe even under a different name?) I don't know if 'killed me' also applies when I high wake out, or what, but I certainly didn't die.

alright, I know chieftain's are agile, I've never seen one fly in circles so fast, (seriously seemed like a full orbit in 2.5 seconds, can a chieftain really do that??) ... but maybe you're right. Like I said, maybe I am not familiar enough with game mechanics to understand what is fully possible.

and maybe that cobra apparently not taking damage from head-on impact was just lag.

I don't know.

The T10 is one of the most sluggish craft in the game.

Turrets are literal garbage, in both damage output and accuracy.

Engineered player ships are incredibly durable. Poor damage and accuracy of laser turrets combined with the small profile of a Viper make for a less than ideal situation.

NPCs are total pushovers compared to even small ships in the hands of a halfway experienced player. Don’t be surprised if you get beat up by a player small ship.

Toughen up your ship, and practice.

You took on a wing of three PvPers in a wing designed to work together to take you out. It is not cheating. It is Open mode.Maybe you might consider putting together a wing. Solo against a wing ot PvPers never works out well.

You took on a wing of three PvPers in a wing designed to work together to take you out. It is not cheating. It is Open mode.Maybe you might consider putting together a wing. Solo against a wing ot PvPers never works out well.
This.

Be glad OP it wasn't a wing of three FdLs.

Did you use a SLF, OP? If that gets killed by a player while you piloted it it will show as killed you too.
(Not sure if it even shows killed you if your crew gets killed. SLFs in PvP are a no go atm due to lag bug).

Good advice is to record such fights via shadow play or similar and later post questionables scenes to get more
input if it is really cheating.

Top Bottom