Check out Rebuy Unlimited! A comedic Red vs Blue themed web series set in the Elite: Dangerous Odyssey universe.

I'm super excited for Odyssey and all the new goodies for things like this. Can't wait for what's to come! :)

A good pilot! Here's my breakdown:

The Good:
  • The Cinematography, Editing and Direction: Excellent shots. Very impressive footage and editing.
  • The Premise: A team of people and a company to explain exactly what happens when you hit the "Rebuy screen". Great concept.

The Ok:
  • The Actors: The majority of the actors are doing pretty good. A few seem unsure of themselves, like they don't want to "overdo it". Voice acting is not just speaking, it's acting. Especially when you don't even have a face, your voice has to clearly explain what emotions your character is feeling and at what intensity.

The Needs Work:
  • The Writing: Some of the recorded laughs seemed forced. If this is meant to be a comedy series, I would focus more on the jokes. Make them count. Don't try and shoehorn in something that is kind of funny. Write around the jokes if you have to.

Overall I'm impressed and ready for more! I did something like this back in college with some friends, and it's taking me back. o7 CMDRs

A good pilot! Here's my breakdown:

The Good:
  • The Cinematography, Editing and Direction: Excellent shots. Very impressive footage and editing.
  • The Premise: A team of people and a company to explain exactly what happens when you hit the "Rebuy screen". Great concept.

The Ok:
  • The Actors: The majority of the actors are doing pretty good. A few seem unsure of themselves, like they don't want to "overdo it". Voice acting is not just speaking, it's acting. Especially when you don't even have a face, your voice has to clearly explain what emotions your character is feeling and at what intensity.

The Needs Work:
  • The Writing: Some of the recorded laughs seemed forced. If this is meant to be a comedy series, I would focus more on the jokes. Make them count. Don't try and shoehorn in something that is kind of funny. Write around the jokes if you have to.

Overall I'm impressed and ready for more! I did something like this back in college with some friends, and it's taking me back. o7 CMDRs

As a member of this motley crew of insurance investigators I'll take that feedback 100%. We're all pretty new to this (especially the voice acting) and this really was initially only intended as an internal test case to find our feet and work out the logistics of creating something like this. I think the results are pretty encouraging tho'. If you'll excuse the pun ... I believe this thing has legs! ;)

Thanks for giving us your honest opinion, really appreciated and I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all really excited for Odyssey to launch so we can get cracking and make a proper episode.

Stay tuned!

Alex Freeman
REBUY UNLIMITED
"never fly without us"

Last edited:
My favourite bit was where the lady says "Sick!" without irony.

My second favourite was the clever tongue-in-cheek satire of mid-20th century sexism when the female pilot literally complains about having to miss a hair appointment.

I enjoyed it...would love to see more...well done!

In particular the slow mo of the Mamba gunning down the Eagle was well done...very cinematic.

Agree with the feedback from Mighty Good...practice makes perfect...keep it up :)

Top Bottom