Game Discussions Cheeki Breeki Stalker 2 coming soon

I loved the original Stalker. There really wasn't anything like it at that time.
This could be good. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that.

I remember STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl vividly, with the excellent a-life somehow imbuing the whole game with a sense of 'living there' that few games have ever matched for me. The game was never the same twice - and every play-through always held at least one 'jump out of my skin' moment, along with odd moral dilemma where you could see a pack of dogs attacking friends/enemies/neutrals with your actions being your own.

The pacing was in parts almost willfully glacial, sometimes feeling more like a walking simulator than an FPS - albeit one with often sudden and very brutal deaths - with careful cache management often important. I had it on my PC at the same time as Crysis and didn't initially understand its appeal and yet, an o/s rebuild later, STALKER was reinstalled and Crysis binned.

Given it was the modding community that gave the STALKER games longevity, I hope the new games are mod-friendly, and here's hoping STALKER 2 keeps its eyes firmly on the low-key weird as there was often something deeply satisfying about getting what was needed without resorting to a head-on battle.

I only recently tried the original Stalker games...couldn't get with the graphics even heavily modded...since I'm shallow and visually driven when it comes to gaming. I'm hoping this new one will allow me a glimpse into the world I missed first time around.

I only recently tried the original Stalker games...couldn't get with the graphics even heavily modded...since I'm shallow and visually driven when it comes to gaming. I'm hoping this new one will allow me a glimpse into the world I missed first time around.

Dated now but at the time looked pretty good. Game was always kinda wonky ala Bethesda games. I'm pretty sure it took years of community patches to smooth out. I only tangled with Vanilla at release not sure how I would react playing it in this day and age.

Its funny how some games end up being timeless and others once they lose their gloss in the moment just become has been.

The first game was a very ropey but there was a diamond in the rough. Call of Prypiat was a better game and mods made it something very good to play.

Apparently the trailer above isnt really a trailer and isnt captured in game or anything. They also initially mentioned a release date of 2021 but that's changed to a "we haven't a release date yet"

The studio was in bits a few years ago and I cant imagine they are recovered from it yet. I wouldn't expect this any time at all soon.

The first game was a very ropey but there was a diamond in the rough. Call of Prypiat was a better game and mods made it something very good to play...

CoP was from the outset a much more polished game than either of Shadow of Chernobyl (ShoC) or Clear Sky (CS). However only ShoC held for me the ephemeral essence of 'the zone', despite being 'a bit wonky' on early releases.

All have their moments - e.g. the busy/confusing marsh lands of CS and the empty slow horror of the Pripyat map of CoP - but ShoC is for me still the best realised 'whole experience' of the series, and with some mods is a real gem - albeit of its age/years. That said, CoP is probably the best one to start with.

There's a good mod for COP that has all maps from all three games, but it runs like COP. You only need COP to run it, can't remember the name though.

So looking forward to this...
Me too, whilst also trying very hard to not set my expectations too high, but it's tough, ShoC has been one of my all-time favourite FPS, in no small part due to no two play throughs being the same largely due to the a-life. By the sound of things they seem to be allowing for a variety of endings, let's hope they pull this off well!

Not sure how I feel about this game. The original games had such amazing moments but marred by some really awful ones too. Call of Pripiat being the best of the bunch especially with a few mods applied.

I followed the development of the original games closely and on release it was very much a disappointment. I wont be following this new stuff closely.

Not sure how I feel about this game. The original games had such amazing moments but marred by some really awful ones too. Call of Pripiat being the best of the bunch especially with a few mods applied.

I followed the development of the original games closely and on release it was very much a disappointment. I wont be following this new stuff closely.
It was a long time ago gaming wise. I would love to see a game take the whole Roadside Picnic story to the next level. Is this it? Don't know.

Just starting to play STALKER Anomaly. Brings back so many good memories. Actually challenging gunfights with AI that appear to try to do sensible things! Astonishing. :)

Yeah - I hope S2 lives up to the original (and longevity of the original).

I've played Stalker, and various modded versions so much that It's all way too familiar now. I still want to play it but if I load it up I soon get bored of going to places I've explored a hundred times. But there isn't really another game that feels the same, Metro Exodus is the closest, but while that is great it doesn't have me wanting to replay it over and over like Stalker did

I need Stalker 2!

(I'm aware Steam Early access is full of unfinished Stalker rip offs, but I'm fairly certain they are mostly rubbish and will never be finished)

Last edited:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl official trailer. Game release date 5th September 2024.

Doesn't tell us anything really.
I noticed they spelt it with an o?

Last edited:
I've only ever played the first game and don't remember much. It was very buggy is what stuck. There was a shop and it just sold out and was useless after, I believe.

Top Bottom