Newcomer / Intro Chemical Processors

Any way to get them w\o hunting Type-9? Already checked at least 10 [0lv Threat] signals and found almost useless scrap only

Just in case you need it, Dav's Hope info:

Go to a high RES and help the cops kill the bad guys. It's fun, you get lots of cash from the bounties and loads of decent materials including lots of chemical processors.

I'm new too... somewhat...

Actualy bought the game back in 2017 and tried to get into it then but the learning curve got too discouraging, so I shelved the game for awhile, then got distracted with other things and forgot about it.

A few weeks ago, I starting cleaning out my Steanm Library of old games I don't play anymore and saw ED and thought "hmm.. think I'll give this another try!"

Three weeks later, I've got a Cobra MkIII and a Python with 201mil Cr in my wallet, saving up for an Anaconda.

I had no idea what I was doing with Engineering and I wanted to go see Felicity Farseer to got improved jump range on my Python and I too was stuck on those dang Chemical Processors!

Starting googling for answers, and found that everyone here was saying "go to Dav's Hope!" and I'm like.. "what the heck is Dav's Hope!?" so I researched it, found it...

I had never flown much further then 30 - 35 lys yet, but I decided, what the hell... I'm gonna go!

Flew out to Dav's Hope last week, found it easily enough. Landed, and spent a couple hours there and when I ;eft, I had 40 Chemical Processors, twice that in Chemical Manipulators and Chemical Distilleries, and a whole ton more usefull things! I did it all in a solo session, drive around the base, collecting up everything there (that map posted above is VERY useful!) and then log out ot the the main menu, then log back into another solo session, you'll be back in your SRV sitting where you logged out and all the loot around Dav's Hope will be refreshed... go drive around and collect it all... rinse and repeat again... and keep doing it till you've had your fill of SRV fun!

I ended up with enough parts to engineer my FSD on my Python to a Grade 5 jump range; as well as enough parts left over to also do it with the 6A FSD that I plan to buy for my for my future Anaconda!

I also managed to collect enough scan data along my way there and back that once I sold it all to Farseer, I had enough rep with her to do all the engineering I wanted with her.

Last edited:
I'm new too... somewhat...

Actualy bought the game back in 2017 and tried to get into it then but the learning curve got too discouraging, so I shelved the game for awhile, then got distracted with other things and forgot about it.

A few weeks ago, I starting cleaning out my Steanm Library of old games I don't play anymore and saw ED and thought "hmm.. think I'll give this another try!"

Three weeks later, I've got a Cobra MkIII and a Python with 201mil Cr in my wallet, saving up for an Anaconda.

I had no idea what I was doing with Engineering and I wanted to go see Felicity Farseer to got improved jump range on my Python and I too was stuck on those dang Chemical Processors!

Starting googling for answers, and found that everyone here was saying "go to Dav's Hope!" and I'm like.. "what the heck is Dav's Hope!?" so I researched it, found it...

I had never flown much further then 30 - 35 lys yet, but I decided, what the hell... I'm gonna go!

Flew out to Dav's Hope last week, found it easily enough. Landed, and spent a couple hours there and when I ;eft, I had 40 Chemical Processors, twice that in Chemical Manipulators and Chemical Distilleries, and a whole ton more usefull things! I did it all in a solo session, drive around the base, collecting up everything there (that map posted above is VERY useful!) and then log out ot the the main menu, then log back into another solo session, you'll be back in your SRV sitting where you logged out and all the loot around Dav's Hope will be refreshed... go drive around and collect it all... rinse and repeat again... and keep doing it till you've had your fill of SRV fun!

I ended up with enough parts to engineer my FSD on my Python to a Grade 5 jump range; as well as enough parts left over to also do it with the 6A FSD that I plan to buy for my for my future Anaconda!

I also managed to collect enough scan data along my way there and back that once I sold it all to Farseer, I had enough rep with her to do all the engineering I wanted with her.

For encoded mats, Jamesons crash site is worth a visit as there's a G5 you can fill your coffers with that's useful in trading. Also, scanning ships while in SC helps bring in the data. For raw materials, find a geo site - i.e. a planet with volcanism; surface scan, go to a geolical area (shows up in the nav panel after the scan) and SRV your heart out. Fill one's boots. Needle clusters will give the highest grades but don't neglect the rest.

Top Bottom