Chloe

So chloe is in game now, and guess what? She's a literal carbon copy of palin, from her position in the unlock tree to her access requirements to her initial contract its identical to palin.
chloe.png
On top of that, it seems adding her has removed the sarge's profile pic, almost as if someone just copy and pasted palin and gave him a chick's name and face and didn't test or change anything.
sarge.png

Really fdev? Were you really this lazy?

No! I think Frontier may have finally detected that the player base is lazy!

Also, the less developers change, the less testers need to test! That's, of course, assuming Frontier still has testers on the ED team (other than us)!

:)

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
On top of that, it seems adding her has removed the sarge's profile pic, almost as if someone just copy and pasted palin and gave him a chick's name and face and didn't test or change anything.
View attachment 139745

Hey OP, we've taken a look into this and can confirm that the Sarge's image is there in the live game. It may be taking a little while to load into your client, or this could be a side effect of HUD colour changes.

One thing I have to ask - what's the point of the new engineer? Pin DDs at Palin, Shielded and Long Range FSD at the two bubble FSD engineers and you don't really need any more of either type. The only real use is special effects in Witchhead and that's a lot of unlock effort for just that.

Not only lazy, but pointless.

Chloe has the same blueprints as Palin (thrusters and FSD), but currently sits at G1. We need to craft modules in order to advance her.

Why would anyone fly there when Palin now resides basically at the galaxy's capital (41Ly from SD)???

Chloe has the same blueprints as Palin (thrusters and FSD), but currently sits at G1. We need to craft modules in order to advance her.

Why would anyone fly there when Palin now resides basically at the galaxy's capital (41Ly from SD)???
Hmmm... Same as the Colonia engineers...
Maybe not lazy but a precursor of that which is yet to come...

Since she works similar to the colonia engineers it's not unlikely there will be a unique blueprint once we unlock her to a certain level.

No! I think Frontier may have finally detected that the player base is lazy!

I think the feeling's mutual.

Still, another pinned BP is another pinned BP.

So, Clean drives or Reinforced drives?
I wish FDev would give Clean Drives a bit of a buff, in some way, to give players a good reason to try them.

Thing is, DDs have been pretty much the choice for thruster mod's for so long that we've all got used to everything about them so it's pretty rare to feel like you need to use anything other than DDs.

Course, if Chloe 16 is a rankable engineer, I guess it might be more prudent to just wait and then pin something else she provides when it hits G5.

Top Bottom