Chunky Acro is Awesome!🙂

Many of my fellow players have been complaining about Acrocanthosaurus being too chunky or Too Cute here's the thing about the chunkiness. I have to say that Frontiers version of Acrocanthosaurus is more scientifically accurate then you might think recent studies by the Paleontology Community in 2018 show that the Acrocanthosaurus did not have a spine like Spinosaurus more like it was a helpful tool covered in muscle lots of muscle to help it bring down sauropods like Sauroposeidon, the Acrocanthosaurus in operation Genesis is now considered inaccurate in paleontology. Let's be real here I like the Acrocanthosaurus in Jurassic world evolution due to it being muscular and I even agreed it needs to be muscular to take down sauropods, true there are no Mechanics for Acrocanthosaurus to take down sauropods but I have high Faith in Frontier to include those in the future down the road for this particular dinosaur aswell as Giganotasaurus, and Cacharadontosaurus, also let's be positive about this we have a "scientifically accurate Acrocanthosaurus", I know it's not something you imagine from operation Genesis but this is what the real Acrocanthosaurus probably look like, as for cute I don't see it? because it kind of reminds me of cute eyes of metriacanthosaurus with those eyes. long live the sauropod butcher🙂👍

Species that Acrocanthosaurus Lived with 129-112-MYA:
Acrocanthosaurus
Deinonychus
Tenontosaurus-Iguanodontid
Sauroposeidon-Bachiosauridae
Astrodon-Titanosauridae
Sauropelta

P.s. "The humming echoing noise from Acrocanthosaurus is awesome just like a bird!" thx Frontier, and also the Skins such as the jungle Wetland and Vivid are absolutely the best skins of any carnivore in game or all other dinosaurs in game please do more of this in the future four other dinos similar to this type of style of art thx again as always.😉

"Acrocanthosaurus, Giganotasaurus, and Cacharadontosaurus" SharkTooth Family is Growing...😍..... New Mechanics are need for these sauropod hunters.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you here. The Acrocanthosaurus is starting to be one of my favorite dinosaurs to have in my parks. What I love about it is how it has this cool idle animation where it makes a vibrating noise. The way it moves it body forward and shakes adds so much personality to this dinosaur. A lot of love and care went into this creature and I would love to see the same level of quality be applied to future dinosaurs as well. Plus, I love it for being a big carnivore, but not gigantic, and it helps create a variety with the large predators in Jurassic World Evolution. 🥩

Lets hope to see a sauropod hunt eventually! I think it would be awesome if it was a takedown animation that needs a pair of predators to make it happen. That way, 2 gigas, 2 carcara, or 2 acrocanthos could easily walk up to a sauropod side by side and take it down with their combined weight 🦕🦖🦖 That way it would be terrifying if they break out of their exhibit, and would make the indominous rex still unique by having its takedown be solo.

Check out this one I made too!🙂👍

My biggest problems with the Acro is the head shape and angle. The head shape does not look accurate when compared with the fossil record. It should be a bit more narrow. The Acro likely didn't have full binocular vision, like it does in JWE with the both eyes facing forward. Additionally, they way the acro holds its head also seems inaccurate based off of studies done from endocasts.

I don't know about the spine. I thought the muscle attachment hypothesis was refuted, but I don't know. To me, the in-game model seems to have an inaccurate body shape based off of the bones. Wether it had some sort of special spinal sail or noticeable ridge, I don't know. I suspect that the OP and the JWE representation are more accurate then the sail approach.

Bottom line, for me, those tiny inaccuracies bother me, but not enough to say that I don't like the dino. I think the acro adds some flair and color the carnivore roster, but then again, I also like the carcharo even with it's inaccuracies.

My biggest problems with the Acro is the head shape and angle. The head shape does not look accurate when compared with the fossil record. It should be a bit more narrow. The Acro likely didn't have full binocular vision, like it does in JWE with the both eyes facing forward. Additionally, they way the acro holds its head also seems inaccurate based off of studies done from endocasts.

I don't know about the spine. I thought the muscle attachment hypothesis was refuted, but I don't know. To me, the in-game model seems to have an inaccurate body shape based off of the bones. Wether it had some sort of special spinal sail or noticeable ridge, I don't know. I suspect that the OP and the JWE representation are more accurate then the sail approach.

Bottom line, for me, those tiny inaccuracies bother me, but not enough to say that I don't like the dino. I think the acro adds some flair and color the carnivore roster, but then again, I also like the carcharo even with it's inaccuracies.
Cacharadontosaurus needs more adjustments to it's skull than this dinosaur my friend, but I agree with that a little bit of tweaks doesn't hurt, however the body was supposed to be muscular and I don't see any problems with it in the game in fact it's more accurate than the slender look on most recreations which is why I adore this animal.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but as a dog owner, this pose looks like he's about to do his dinosaur business.
UmUuWASV_PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT2_542226.jpg

Let's be positive about this we finally got the Acrocanthosaurus and well reaction to it is mixed because it looks like a puppy dog, it's too chunky even though that's kind of a weird argument saying that it's too chunky it even though the real Acrocanthosaurus is chunky. But let's be honest it's still a gorgeous dinosaur and we can use it as the top predator of the early Cretaceous exhibit🙂👍

Top Bottom