Civil Liberty

• Thread starter Deleted member 115407
  • Start date

Deleted member 115407

D
Do we actually know what the mechanical effects of civil liberty are yet?

I did a search, but searching on this forum is painful.

Ignore the name, it just means higher than High Security, but it was the best name they could come up with.
Expect unnoticeable increase in response to security forces, and more scanning at star ports that you still can ignore and boost through the slot.

Civil Liberty does not affect the security level of the system either upwards or downwards (or if it does, it's considerably less powerful than the Civil Unrest/Lockdown/War effects)

There are various market changes, but I have nowhere near enough data to analyse them yet.

It improves the happiness level of the faction, but not sufficiently on its own to go from Happy to Elated.

There must be better names than 'civil liberty,' which doesn't associate well with authoritarian factions. How about public trust?

I like this way more. Civil Liberty sounds like a placeholder that was used during development and then they were just too lazy/didn't care to consider whether or not it made any sense later.

Can anyone confirm effects of Civil Liberty and how to get system into this state?
To get into civil liberty state:
  • Hand in bonds/bounties (most effective)
  • Run missions which improve Security state (Massacre missions... "Assassinate Pirate Lord" actually helps economy IIRC... or at least has negative effects on the target economy)

The only effect I've ever seen is to increase the price of core-mined minerals.

Does collecting bounties in system help and what mission types - combat?

Does completing delivery missions count towards exports and increase system influence? On the other side of coin, is completing supply missions same as importing and decreases system influence?

Does completing delivery missions count towards exports and increase system influence? On the other side of coin, is completing supply missions same as importing and decreases system influence?
Both import and export cargo missions will increase system influence. (The effects on states can depend on the cargo type and mission type)
Exporting cargo without a mission has no effect on influence.
Importing cargo without a mission increases influence if the trade is profitable, and decreases it if the trade is loss-making.

I have a partial list of mission effects by type at https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/missions though some of it is out of date after the changes in 3.3

Both import and export cargo missions will increase system influence. (The effects on states can depend on the cargo type and mission type)
Exporting cargo without a mission has no effect on influence.
Importing cargo without a mission increases influence if the trade is profitable, and decreases it if the trade is loss-making.

I have a partial list of mission effects by type at https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/missions though some of it is out of date after the changes in 3.3

Nice :) In relation to smuggling goods missions, do they reduce influence of receiving minor faction or faction who controls the station?

Cool, if receiving faction is anarchy, would this increase or decrease their influence assuming these missions do not affect station or system controlling faction?
For missions the summary screen shows you the effect on related factions (not sure I'd trust the colours, but the arrows seem ok).

What would hurt an opposing faction influence-wise while in civil liberty state?
Same things that would hurt it in any other state.

Truth be told, easiest way to hurt a faction is to work for everyone else except that faction. Actual ways to hurt a faction directly are pretty non-existent, except murderhoboing.

I'm curious as to whether there have been any changes, updates, or additional information on the Civil Liberty state since the time of the original post.

I'm curious as to whether there have been any changes, updates, or additional information on the Civil Liberty state since the time of the original post.
Not really. The trade effects have changed a bit over time, but mostly not significantly ... and it does appear to have a mild negative system security effect which I hadn't picked up on in my very early post.

We did discover a weird combination effect where Boom and Civil Liberty are active at once where certain anomalies appear in market figures. But not anomalies of more than theoretical interest, it appears - the most obvious is that demand for some goods at some stations gets consistently zeroed with that exact two-state combination.

Not really. The trade effects have changed a bit over time, but mostly not significantly ... and it does appear to have a mild negative system security effect which I hadn't picked up on in my very early post.

We did discover a weird combination effect where Boom and Civil Liberty are active at once where certain anomalies appear in market figures. But not anomalies of more than theoretical interest, it appears - the most obvious is that demand for some goods at some stations gets consistently zeroed with that exact two-state combination.
Thanks. In the case of the system I’m looking at, it is experiencing Boom and Civil Liberty.

Top Bottom