News Clarification on Pollux Listening Post

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders,

We've seen some speculation that the listening post (D568) in Pollux is leading towards an in-game event/has a bug. This is not the case, as Listening Post D568 and its message have been placed in-game as a memorial for CMDR Tony Pox who sadly passed last year.

For everyone who has been or is considering going to Pollux, I'm sure CMDR Tony Pox would have been pleased to see so much interest in the system and how CMDR's worked together.

o7.

My thoughts are with Tony and his family however given the overall interest with Pollux this weekend I would say that it's about time Fdev quickly progressed some storylines to give us something to do.

I think it is fantastic! I mean that shows he cares! He knows we are idling away, going space crazy waiting for something to happen. He gave us one, oiled the oul wheels in the brain. Cheers that man!

Haha canonn overhyped it to the **** saying they have "Leads" on what happens on the 20th because of the message. Man thats funny. anyways RIP To Tony

It IS kind of indicative of FDev needing to engage with the storyline though. We're all waiting. We're primed and ready to jump on damn near any tidbit, grasp at any straw. I'm not one of those "mile-wide, inch-deep" kind of people. I've got plenty that me and mine can do, and I'm certainly not spoiled for choice, but there's been nothing but vague hints of "other badness" or "bigger things" out there, and so far, all we have are text files, and those are impossible to find in any kind of order in the game. It's starting to feel like Lucy and the football.

As someone elsewhere said: Maybe FDev has stock in a company that produces nothing but ALT and TAB keys?

With all respect to Tony Pox and his family, maybe the message did not have to be the poem signaling a major military invasion of the enemy.

With all due respect to you, Paul Verlaine doesn't belong to *anyone* and his poetry reaches far beyond your historical event of choice. The man never heard about WWII.

And Tony Pox family probably had good reasons to pick this poem, probably much more important than a video game.

Non, parce que l'impérialime culturel anglo-saxon, ça va cinq minutes hein !

Last edited:
With all due respect to you, Paul Verlaine doesn't belong to *anyone* and his poetry reaches far beyond your historical event of choice. The man never heard about WWII.

And Tony Pox family probably had good reasons to pick this poem, probably much more important than a video game.

I don't think he was trying to lay claim to your venerable poet, just that the associated lines have an immediate context.

Still, this topic is all about tilting at windmills, so carry on!

I would have just said "It was in there as a memorial and any link to future events is coincidental" this would kick rumour mills in overdrive lol

Oh if his family picked the message I would totally understand. I was under the impression that frontier chose what to put in the beacon.

Last edited:
Haha canonn overhyped it to the **** saying they have "Leads" on what happens on the 20th because of the message. Man thats funny. anyways RIP To Tony

Is it really Canonn's fault when FDev is so big on laying out trails of breadcrumbs? Look at the hoops needed to jump through for the Eagle Eye stations. The hidden messages in sub-frequencies of audio streams. The hidden PICTURES in audio messages. You need three monitors, a Master's degree, a good hunting dog, and a ouija board to suss out any kind of clues. Seems kind of disingenuous to call them out when this matches 50% of Frontier's usual methodology. ... Just happens to be that lack of communication and the right hand not knowing what the left is doing matches the other 50%.

Top Bottom