Class 7 fsd for corvette

Hey so i want to suggest that the corvette gets an class 7 fsd. The class 6 is simply too small for this ship. I mean it is a combat ship Yes but the diffrence between corvette and anaconda isnt that great wich makes the anaconda the better Option. And that is sad because the corvette is a really nice ship. I think that the corvette should get the class 7 because we are paying almost 200.000.000. Credits for a ship wich is on one stage with the anaconda when it comes to fighting and even worse when it comes to jumping. Thats just not good and very unbalanced in my opinion.

I agree that something needs to be done about the excessively short jump range of the Corvette, but I think the range should be comparable with the Cutter instead of the Anaconda.

I agree that something needs to be done about the excessively short jump range of the Corvette, but I think the range should be comparable with the Cutter instead of the Anaconda.

They will become about on par, Vette slightly ahead as it is lighter with usual builds.

I'm hopeful that FDev is aware of the frustration of 'Vette pilots by this point, but are leaving it until some sort of planned balanced pass for ships in general sometime during Beyond. There's several other complaints that also need to be addressed (not just with the 'Vette, the release of the Chieftain has stirred up a whole new hornet's nest, not to mention the FDL being the undisputed king of PvP etc).

FSD boost is coming in 3.1. Additional 10LY will change a lot for Corvette. All ships really.

Maybe... tie exploration rank to a jump range bonus? So new players will get to experience that lovely 5ly range "goodness." It actually added a bit of structure to my very early game.

But as people get exploration rank, 2ly for first rankup, and 1ly each for the rest? 10 total.

I would support a Class 7 FSD on the corvette with no other modifications.

A completely-stripped Anaconda can push past 62 LY (with all core modules undersized and/or D-rated). A Federal Corvette with a similar fit using an identically-modded 7A FSD just barely clears 57 LY, so they are comparable. The fun caveat is that a 7A FSD is a *lot* more hungry than the Anaconda's 6A, gobbling 12.8t compared to only 8t. This would mean fewer max-range jumps between refuels and less flexibility, especially for exploration, without taking an extra fuel tank module (which would further reduce the jump range when full).

I'm okay with this. I think a big, hungry FSD on the Corvette would be perfectly fine with its 32t fuel tank, and players could easily undersize it to get similar performance to what we have now. Do it, FDEV. Please! : )

FSD boost is coming in 3.1. Additional 10LY will change a lot for Corvette. All ships really.

Sacrificing a large internal slot just to have a passable jump range puts the Corvette at a distinct disadvantage in terms of survivability and loadout choices. Non-federation ships have no such weakness.

Seems pretty clear that the Corvette needs a range buff regardless of the FSD booster tech incoming.

Seems pretty clear that the Corvette needs a range buff regardless of the FSD booster tech incoming.

Again with the power creep :(

For balance I'll stick my oar in here as with every other 'buff the vette' thread; The Corvette is the one that's okay, the Cutter is too fast/has to strong a base shield, and the Conda is too light/has too much base armour.

The Vette jump range only affects the pilot, and helps to force a compromise between utility and defence, which is good gameplay imo. The Cutter & Conda's defences affect other players, both attacker & victim alike.

The Cutter's speed advantage would be okay if the shields were lower, the conda's mass would be okay if the armour rating were lower. The Vette is (imo) already reasonably well balanced, the jump range is only below par compared to other shipss, outright it is good enough to be useable.

For balance I'll stick my oar in here as with every other 'buff the vette' thread; The Corvette is the one that's okay, the Cutter is too fast/has to strong a base shield, and the Conda is too light/has too much base armour.

The Vette jump range only affects the pilot, and helps to force a compromise between utility and defence, which is good gameplay imo. The Cutter & Conda's defences affect other players, both attacker & victim alike.

The Cutter's speed advantage would be okay if the shields were lower, the conda's mass would be okay if the armour rating were lower. The Vette is (imo) already reasonably well balanced, the jump range is only below par compared to other shipss, outright it is good enough to be useable.

Corvette is my main ship, pretty much agree with all you say here.
Bit more jump range? I'd take it, my concern is that for balance we would probably lose something...

Well, the Cutter has that utterly terrible cornering. If the speed was poor, it would be worthless, because many things could simply sit behind it. Speed isn't that useful if you have to use turrets because you can't keep facing, and have to constantly joust. Flying backwards works pretty well, but you can counter that by simply letting them go.

The Anaconda? Yeah, I've never understood why the base hull weight was 44% of the Corvette, and 36% of the Cutter, while being roughly approximate in capability and size.

Hey so i want to suggest that the corvette gets an class 7 fsd. The class 6 is simply too small for this ship. I mean it is a combat ship Yes but the diffrence between corvette and anaconda isnt that great wich makes the anaconda the better Option. And that is sad because the corvette is a really nice ship. I think that the corvette should get the class 7 because we are paying almost 200.000.000. Credits for a ship wich is on one stage with the anaconda when it comes to fighting and even worse when it comes to jumping. Thats just not good and very unbalanced in my opinion.

Comparing it to the Anaconda might not be a good idea, as FDev's Sammarco is of the opinion (and I agree) that the Anaconda is actually overpowered compared to other ships.
The only reason that they don't want to nerf it now is that it has been in the game as it is for too long.

Personally I do agree that the Corvette is jump range starved. I understand the principles behind that, but it is a bit too much.
The FC really depends upon engineering of its FSD to become somewhat viable. Without engineering it is virtually useless.
If 'Engineering' was not in the game I would never have bought a Corvette.

Last edited:
The way I see it. If I was the federation and had to build a military ship like the corvette I'd want it to have a large jump range to get to engagements quickly. I mean whats the point of having a warship that cant get to where its needed quickly. I mean by the time it got there the battle could be over.

Look at the US naval ships they are all pretty quick for there size and thats to try to get to where the are needed quickly.

The way I see it. If I was the federation and had to build a military ship like the corvette I'd want it to have a large jump range to get to engagements quickly. I mean whats the point of having a warship that cant get to where its needed quickly. I mean by the time it got there the battle could be over.

Look at the US naval ships they are all pretty quick for there size and thats to try to get to where the are needed quickly.

I doubt the logic behind the low jump range was the Federation didn't value it; engineering always involves some degree of compromise. It's more likely, from a realism point of view, that the ship wasn't capable of mounting a larger FSD, either due to build limitations or because doing so would have sacrificed combat performance. Modern warships definitely involve compromise. The only reason destroyers move at the pace they do is because they're lightly armored; the navy chose maneuverability over passive defense. The Federation chose combat prowess over jump range.

Not saying the 'Vette doesn't need an increase, just that ship limitations aren't illogical.

Top Bottom