Clean Covert Theft - No Deaths

I love raiding this settlement layout.
The back door of the cmd building is almost always unattended and is separated from the lobby by a short corridor, so you can just cut it open and walk in, and there's a guy with level 2 access just walking around inside, and L2 access gets you in the sec door to nick L3 off the guy on the top floor of the security room, at which point you can nip downstairs and shut the alarms off when the guy at the button wanders off down the other end of the hall.

Or you can do what you did and swipe access from the window, but cutting the door is faster for me.

Dontcha hate that the only thing Odyssey has to offer is a boring FPS.

Also, on that layout there's a terminal behind the Research building that no one ever goes to you can safely breach.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I love raiding this settlement layout.
The back door of the cmd building is almost always unattended and is separated from the lobby by a short corridor, so you can just cut it open and walk in, and there's a guy with level 2 access just walking around inside, and L2 access gets you in the sec door to nick L3 off the guy on the top floor of the security room, at which point you can nip downstairs and shut the alarms off when the guy at the button wanders off down the other end of the hall.

Or you can do what you did and swipe access from the window, but cutting the door is faster for me.
True, true. Cloning the ID of an NPC across a window is also quite risky because if he/she spots you then you will not have time to neutralize it before the radio call for alarms.

Great video. Why not post it on the stealth thread for posterity so others can see a working mission and learn from it?

"Just scanning price labels" made me laugh.

Your "precious" references made me laugh, too - I watched the LoTR trilogy (again...) yesterday :D

One thing I've not checked since the new update - if you profile scan someone and find a bounty (I've found it doesn't turn them hostile or alert them if they don't see you - evidently they don't get the "scan detected" audio alert) do you still get wanted/notorious if you subsequently kill them?

A textbook execution of that settlement (one of my favourite and definitely a very common layout for heists and thefts) :) Even when getting spotted, just stayed cool. And lots of helpful tips for learners too.

You get my

1631986402569.png

One thing I've not checked since the new update - if you profile scan someone and find a bounty (I've found it doesn't turn them hostile or alert them if they don't see you - evidently they don't get the "scan detected" audio alert) do you still get wanted/notorious if you subsequently kill them?
Okay, so. Just tested this.

If you do your warrant-scan before killing them, the kill is in fact completely clean! I don't know if it's just that they all happened to be wanted by the local faction and sometimes the bounties detected aren't local ones, but I was able to loot the reactor building at my last job while remaining squeaky-clean as both the reactor workers had warrants on them.
So if the staff have annoying patrol routes and you're having trouble keeping track of which ones might see you entering or leaving a restricted area, it might be worth checking to see if any of them have a warrant out on them and disposing of them while they're alone.

Okay, so. Just tested this.

If you do your warrant-scan before killing them, the kill is in fact completely clean! I don't know if it's just that they all happened to be wanted by the local faction and sometimes the bounties detected aren't local ones, but I was able to loot the reactor building at my last job while remaining squeaky-clean as both the reactor workers had warrants on them.
So if the staff have annoying patrol routes and you're having trouble keeping track of which ones might see you entering or leaving a restricted area, it might be worth checking to see if any of them have a warrant out on them and disposing of them while they're alone.

Good to know, thanks. It works for ships so I always hoped it worked for NPCs as well, but I didn't want to open fire and find out.

Top Bottom