Clipper Needs To Be Re-speced to land on medium pads.

The imperial clippers is the Federal assault ship with the pythons cargo and less fuel. All of it's stats are right between all the other ships in the medium line.

They should have made it medium and just added other ships or something to compensate.
Except they intentionally designed is such that it requires a large pad...that's so weird...

If you had any grasp on the game design you would realize teh stats are for a medium. All this does it put it on it's proper pad. It's completely balanced for medium. it does not effect the game besides let people use it on more pads as it was originally intended to.
I agree, and I feel that the price (half what it should be) is typical of a company (Fdev) seeking an easy way out of the pickle that the Clipper is in, it has all the top end Medium ship attributes, so, either
*the folks on the pad design didn't convey the endcase stats.
or
* the designers of the Clipper erred in width.
or
*the Clipper was intended to have a telescopic wing feature (along the 2 diagonal wing lines) but clipping and time/effort ran out and the feature never made the starting gate (it happens... in Bethesda's Oblivion the whole 'County Sutch' was plucked right off the map because time ran out when the accountants said "OK that's a wrap guys, SELL IT" you can even see the hole where it was!)
So, instead FDev figures to have the ship as bargain bin price, top stats, super luxury, but only a large pad... " yeah! you see, it's like it's an oddball ship dude"
or
*something else that's completely different and very reasonable (just covering the bases there)
But we got what we got!

If I was the Emperor I have each one come with it's own landing pad... and a hot Imperial Slave Girl Indentured Lady in the co-pilot seat.

This
I want my beluga to land on small pads and go 200 million billion meters per second, also it should have 4000000000000000000000000 hull, and be able to jump 3837371616184 lightyears.

What?! You dont think thats a good idea? Why do you have to ruin other players fun!

and this
So I want to "enjoy the game on my own terms" by landing a T9 on a small pad. Who are you go tell me I can't? Let me enjoy the game on my terms!

Now that's childish!

I want my beluga to land on small pads and go 200 million billion meters per second, also it should have 4000000000000000000000000 hull, and be able to jump 3837371616184 lightyears.

What?! You dont think thats a good idea? Why do you have to ruin other players fun!
I thought the beluga could already do all this?

I agree, and I feel that the price (half what it should be) is typical of a company (Fdev) seeking an easy way out of the pickle that the Clipper is in, it has all the top end Medium ship attributes, so, either
*the folks on the pad design didn't convey the endcase stats.
or
* the designers of the Clipper erred in width.
or
*the Clipper was intended to have a telescopic wing feature (along the 2 diagonal wing lines) but clipping and time/effort ran out and the feature never made the starting gate (it happens... in Bethesda's Oblivion the whole 'County Sutch' was plucked right off the map because time ran out when the accountants said "OK that's a wrap guys, SELL IT" you can even see the hole where it was!)
So, instead FDev figures to have the ship as bargain bin price, top stats, super luxury, but only a large pad... " yeah! you see, it's like it's an oddball ship dude"
or
*something else that's completely different and very reasonable (just covering the bases there)
But we got what we got!

If I was the Emperor I have each one come with it's own landing pad... and a hot Imperial Slave Girl Indentured Lady in the co-pilot seat.

This

and this

Now that's childish!
What's wrong with having an oddball ship? That's life, man. If I have a regular sized garage, I'm not going to be able to park my RV in it. I can whine about the RV only having a car sized motor or speculate about being able to hydraulically lower it so that it fits in there, but in the end, it's just too big. If I want an RV, I have to deal with the fact that it's going to be too big to fit in the garage. Or if I want something that goes in the garage, I can go buy a vehicle that fits.

Not everything in life is perfect or has to make sense to you. Deal with it.

What's wrong with having an oddball ship? That's life, man. If I have a regular sized garage, I'm not going to be able to park my RV in it. I can whine about the RV only having a car sized motor or speculate about being able to hydraulically lower it so that it fits in there, but in the end, it's just too big. If I want an RV, I have to deal with the fact that it's going to be too big to fit in the garage. Or if I want something that goes in the garage, I can go buy a vehicle that fits.

Not everything in life is perfect or has to make sense to you. Deal with it.
I know, your life sucks... deal with it!

Jesus Christ...yes your life is SO miserable and just SUCKS because the ONE ship you HAVE to fly just CAN'T land on MEDIUM pads 🙄
No, my life is great thank you! you're the one with the RV that can't find a parking space (not that I care where you park your car/van/thingy)

But really chill out dude! you're getting too het up in anger because somebody suggests something that you don't agree with, deal with it, it's not soul destroying to have somebody like something that you don't.

...and what's with all the SHOUTING every two or three words?

The whining is just obnoxious. Here I am thinking I'll come check out the forums to mingle with like minded people who enjoy the same game I'm enjoying...instead I come here and see people whining pathetically about the most mundane and petty stuff. Like little kids with a pile of toys, but crying that THIS toy isn't exactly what they want.

The whining is just obnoxious. Here I am thinking I'll come check out the forums to mingle with like minded people who enjoy the same game I'm enjoying...instead I come here and see people whining pathetically about the most mundane and petty stuff. Like little kids with a pile of toys, but crying that THIS toy isn't exactly what they want.
Ah! that's suggestions for you, some people just keep coming up with ideas that ruin someone else's day...

A little tip, if you're happy with the game and feel it's just right then don't upset yourself by looking at the suggestions threads..

Ah! that's suggestions for you, some people just keep coming up with ideas that ruin someone else's day...

A little tip, if you're happy with the game and feel it's just right then don't upset yourself by looking at the suggestions threads..
How does it ruin your day to keep something as it has been since game launch? It ruins your day to seek out the Clipper, knowing it's pros and cons, and then not have your demands for change met? That is me ruining your day?

Obnoxious, childish whining, as I said.

There are some good suggestions here. This is not one of them. Am I allowed to hold such an opinion? Or does me holding this opinion also ruin your day?

You mean...there are differences between ships and trade-offs must be made? Interesting.

No i mean there are really weirdly designed ships that simply do not make sense.
Yep, the combination of hull mass, core sizes, space available for optional internals and speed simply does not add up for Clipper.
Like you'd ever see 3.7t lorry out here faster than any car the police can field.

And dont get me started on Clipper's Mass Lock Factor... yes, it's 12. Like FDL's and Mamba's
Alliance ships have MLF 13
Fed bricks , MLF 14
Orca and Type-9, MLF 16
Python, Krait Phantom and Krait Mk2, MLF 17 \o/

Makes sense, right?

How does it ruin your day to keep something as it has been since game launch? It ruins your day to seek out the Clipper, knowing it's pros and cons, and then not have your demands for change met? That is me ruining your day?

Obnoxious, childish whining, as I said.

There are some good suggestions here. This is not one of them. Am I allowed to hold such an opinion? Or does me holding this opinion also ruin your day?
Doesn't ruin my day at all, you're the one who's frothing because the Forums weren't as good and happy as you wanted them to be!

Top Bottom