Clipper Needs To Be Re-speced to land on medium pads.

I think I read somewhere that the Type 7 could actually fit in a medium pad quite easily except that it is just a few feet too tall.

The problem with the Clipper fitting in a med pad is it's wings are too wide to fit. The Clipper's wings would have to be... well, "clipped".
Yeah the type 7 is about 2m too tall and would have to have the hydraulics for those winglets fixed so they can fold up. Maybe while they are at it they could unjam the hardpoint door to give it an extra class one weapon.
The clipper is however a lot wider than the medium pad allows so would need a pretty extensive redesign. It would probably be easier now to make a sub type of the clipper like with the kraits and just give the existing clipper a fighter hangar to give it a reason to exist

Imperial Python 🤗

DeemHDe.jpg
Needs more nacelle

A gutamaya medium ship would be great. They should take Krait mk2, redesign it to glorious imperial style, give better turn rates (in exchange they can take the fighter bay and one large hardpoint) and don't change anything else. That'd be the perfect ship (for me at least). But until then clipper is great. Maneuverability and speed of a small ship, shields, fire power, and cargo capacity of a medium. And outposts are overrated.

No. The Phantom lost a lot on the internals and didn't even get better maneuverability, only better jump range.
The internals are almost identical, as you can clearly see.

A 6 became a 5. A 4 became a 3.

Practically speaking, it lost the fighter bay and a hardpoint, which is exactly what you suggested. That's all I'm saying.

someone said:
It's only a hand full that want to change them to fit their play style.
Nope. These are some of the most frequently requested changes in the Suggestions forum.

you do realize those both statements aren't mutually exclusive?

Nope. I fly the Clipper and do not love it as it is.

weird. why wouldn't you consider flying something else? :unsure:

Others want the game to continue to be improved.

i want the game to continue to be improved. doesn't have anything to do with whether you like the clipper as it is or not. the clipper simply doesn't fit in a medium pad. get a grip, if you think frontier will be adding retractable "wings" (or whatever those protruding monstrosities are called 😜) to it at a time where it takes them months to simply move one button from one menu to another you're just not being real.

don't get me wrong, your desires are completely legitimate. it's just the game is what it is, and if you want to propose a change i recommend you use logic, real arguments and ... have you considered writing an open letter? :ROFLMAO:

Honestly if they are going to insist on keeping the clipper as a large ship then they need to give it an extra storage slot so that it can compete with the python in terms of cargo. because it is absolutely ridiculous that a large ship should be outclassed by a medium ship when it comes to cargo space

Honestly if they are going to insist on keeping the clipper as a large ship then they need to give it an extra storage slot so that it can compete with the python in terms of cargo. because it is absolutely ridiculous that a large ship should be outclassed by a medium ship when it comes to cargo space

imo ship size category has always referred to landing pad requirements. i see no other aspect of the game where ship size is even mentioned. anyway i have never taken these ship-vs-ship comparisons really seriously, not even when it comes to combat (yet there were glorious and heated clipper-vs-python debates, none of them produced any significant conclusion ever that i know of). it's not a scale nor really a progression, just different things, different choices. one fundamental aspect of the game is that all ships have their own character (well, mostly), not only in specs (barring the engineer disaster) but in looks, background, sounds, etc. even so, i've always seen the clipper as a mid-sized ship, with that odd particularity. i always attributed it to it being a luxury ship.

That would require a reworking of the model. Also it has a pretty thin belly, not sure a fighter bay would fit.

Why do people though focus on what it doesn't have rather that what it does have? It has the speed and manouverability of a small ship combined with the internals/cargo capacity of a medium. That's worth the small sacrifice of not being able to dock at outposts. And let's be clear here, that is what this is all about, the ability to dock at outposts, which people do exactly how often? Yeah, right.

It IS a limitation of the design, yes. But you're right...it has some other amazing qualities, which has made it my favorite ship so far. If I just HAVE to go to an outpost, I'll swap out with my Courier or Krait Mk II. Usually, though, I can find plenty to do sticking with larger stations.

And having a fighter would be cool, but it's not necessary. Used correctly, however, the Clipper is very capable just as it is.

Yes that's what it's about, and people really do dock at outposts. Miners for example. And the Clipper is a great miner.

Its a great everything, and that's one of the trade offs. Sure, people dock at outposts, but its not essential for mining to do so. I don't remember the last time when i was looking at the best selling price tool that it was at an outpost.

Top Bottom