Clipper Needs To Be Re-speced to land on medium pads.

I agree it would be perfectly symmetric to have Clipper fit medium pad (would having that perfect symmetry be good is another question). Just as Type-7 should be medium transport ship.
Its also true that this was mentioned often before.
What I find curious though, is that this complaint usually doesn't include Orca...

I think I read somewhere that the Type 7 could actually fit in a medium pad quite easily except that it is just a few feet too tall.

The problem with the Clipper fitting in a med pad is it's wings are too wide to fit. The Clipper's wings would have to be... well, "clipped".
The wings on the Clipper could be telescopic bringing the pontoons in to the desired width, the 'conversion' could be made at a 'high' price (20mcr) bringing the Clipper into the Python territory, but the drawback might be losing a couple of slots!

But really what i'd like to see (note: I 'm not saying what we need) is a review of the Empire's ship line up with two or three additions.

I think I read somewhere that the Type 7 could actually fit in a medium pad quite easily except that it is just a few feet too tall.

The problem with the Clipper fitting in a med pad is it's wings are too wide to fit. The Clipper's wings would have to be... well, "clipped".

The wings could fold when developing the landing gear. :unsure:

And yes, the T-7 is like 4 meters taller than the medium hangar, in all other aspects is smaller and less massive than the Python.

That ships is so huge that at 3 km range all fragment cannon's projectiles would get into the target. And I think that's why fragment cannon has 2 km range.
Stop dreaming, don't lie to yourself - iClipper is a big ship.

You mean something like this?

Top Bottom