Clipper Needs To Be Re-speced to land on medium pads.

Check it out, it does not, comes back out the same hole. Programmers can make anything work.
The cutter physically would not fit on the same pad as the sidewinder without clipping through the station. Also pad number is often different after changing to a ship of different pad size

LOL keep making excuses, you so funny, I know what my ships do and where they go. The only reason you are claiming I am wrong is you don't want the clipper changed. I do.

You know I am right you just don't want the ship[ changed.
You are right about a ship multiple times longer and wider than a small landing pad to take off from it? Of course you are.

Yes, nurse. It's this character here. He has fever, hallucinations, and I'm afraid scisophrenia.

Small pad according to some player measurements is 65x55 meters. Imperial Cutter is 192 meters long and 111 wide. I will just leave this information here, no reason. Just in case.

Well, my vote is for "keep the Clipper as it is".

I have two alts who both have only a Clipper and a Courier each. The Clipper is excellent if you want only 1 or 2 ships: cheap, fast, agile, roomy, decent armament. Yes there are ships better than the Clipper in each of those categories, but no ship combines them like the Clipper can.

And it seems reasonable that for each pad size there ought to be some ships at the bottom end of the size range and some at the top. The Clipper, Orca, and T7 are at the bottom end of Large (and priced accordingly), just as the T6 and Keelback are at the bottom end of Medium.

Clipper is medium.

Imp1s.png

Nuff said..

Clipper is medium.

View attachment 162186

Nuff said..
Clipper is over 10 meters wider than a medium pad... That's 5 meters on each side. Can't quite squeeze it and expect to just scrape some paint. If you guys want it to be medium, better start coming up with sketches how to shrink it :) Although, I don't get why it matters. So it's a smaller of the big ships. Which is reflected on the price. So what. Each size class doesn't have to contain ships of strictly same dimensions. Sidewinder and Vulture land on the same pad...so are T-6 and Python respectively. Just saying.

Clipper is over 10 meters wider than a medium pad... That's 5 meters on each side. Can't quite squeeze it and expect to just scrape some paint. If you guys want it to be medium, better start coming up with sketches how to shrink it :) Although, I don't get why it matters. So it's a smaller of the big ships. Which is reflected on the price. So what. Each size class doesn't have to contain ships of strictly same dimensions. Sidewinder and Vulture land on the same pad...so are T-6 and Python respectively. Just saying.

If I noticed correctly the Type-9 (and 10 I think) raise their wing tips upon landing. Maybe the Clipper could do the same. Shouldn't be to much dev work.
X.

I think somebody proposed nacelles to collapse like a telescopic fishing rod :) I quite like the idea. If you look at those sort of layers of plates on struts that connect them to the body design is halfway there.

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing after I posted that. Or swing backwards a bit like the F-14. It would give the Clipper some much needed character as well.

The Clipper is geometrically gorgeous. If they shrank it, it would look stupid.
Actually, I think it's too wide. It's actually pretty much just as wide as it's long. Looks a bit unbalanced, and that rounded nose. It should've been named the Imperial Codfish, or something :) I think some waist trimming would work for it. Look at the Cutter, that ship looks like it's doing Mach 3 just when sitting on a landing pad.

Actually, I think it's too wide. It's actually pretty much just as wide as it's long. Looks a bit unbalanced, and that rounded nose. It should've been named the Imperial Codfish, or something :) I think some waist trimming would work for it. Look at the Cutter, that ship looks like it's doing Mach 3 just when sitting on a landing pad.

Well if they proportionally made the body slimmer along with the wing trim it could work. But then we're looking at a complete ship redesign, which I doubt will ever happen.

Top Bottom