Clipper Needs To Be Re-speced to land on medium pads.

You know what I've just though, since we're shrinking the Imperial Catfish wouldn't it be fair to give something to Feds and hippies? Shrink Corvette to a medium size, give Alliance a large ship and then make it a medium pad too :)

No no no no. The Feds already have every size ship imaginable. They don't need any more things. Only the dumb Imperialists forgot to make a medium ship.
Well, they made one but they were too dumb to make it fit inside a medium pad.

No no no no. The Feds already have every size ship imaginable. They don't need any more things. Only the dumb Imperialists forgot to make a medium ship.
Look at it this way - Empire gets whole TWO large ships :) Change of plans then. Give Feds another large ship. Like Federal Destroyer.

I don't know why gankers fear making this a Med. ship. If it is respecked to med. it will no doubt perform the same way it does now.

As I said programmers can make anything they want to happen. And it's very clear that the gankers will say absolutely anything to keep their favorite ship in tact. It's clear the clipper should be a medium pad ship.
How is it "clear"?

I'm not a ganker...I play solo or PG almost exclusively...and I think it's fine. It doesn't need to be perfect...it's pretty good at a lot of things. It needs to have some kind of drawback.

How is it "clear"?

I'm not a ganker...I play solo or PG almost exclusively...and I think it's fine. It doesn't need to be perfect...it's pretty good at a lot of things. It needs to have some kind of drawback.
Shh, we're all gankers to him if we don't want Clipper to be a medium ship. Because reasons. Also, somehow we are afraid of it being medium because it will suddenly become very powerful. Again, don't ask. Don't know.

I don't know why gankers fear making this a Med. ship. If it is respecked to med. it will no doubt perform the same way it does now.
Wouldn't gankers want a ship that lands everywhere?
If something is re-specced, doesn't that make it different and therefore it can't perform as it does now?

You want the iClippy to land on medium pads, just chops the pods off it.

In past conversations here about this many of you have admitted to being gankers and have taken the same stance.

the clipper is a mobile, well-defended freighter. the downside is a bad fuel tank and an inability to land on medium pads. why can't it land on medium pads? because of those two giant engines strapped to it that give it the speed, and the large back end in general which gives it the shields. this, combined with the 2 medium hardpoints, also gives it combat ability if it drops cargo racks.

the feds are in the opposite boat. their medium all-purpose sucks at everything but being a mission runner, and that's only because it can land on medium pads. its cargo is like 146~ with a decent shield, so it can't even do the missions made for pythons and kraits.

what needs more than anything to be a medium ship is the t7 because otherwise it's just krait/python all day long in the medium utility space and what is the t7 if not utility? exploration?

What you forget though is the medium Fed ships are largely relics made redundant by the Alliance ships, and that the Imperial Courier, Clipper and Cutter are all really, really good. They need downsides otherwise they stomp over everything.

What you forget though is the medium Fed ships are largely relics made redundant by the Alliance ships, and that the Imperial Courier, Clipper and Cutter are all really, really good. They need downsides otherwise they stomp over everything.
Correct. If I could have only one ship, I could pick any of the three Imperial options and feel good about it.

This is a much better argument than "I want it", which is all I really see out of this thread. At least the T7 would be balanced on a Medium pad.

"Admitted" like it somehow is something that should be kept secret
Maybe it is something that's a guilty pleasure for them. Don't worry OP, we won't tell anyone. ;)

Anyway, the Clipper seems fine to me given that I've used it for:

High/med/low CZs
High Res/ comp nav beacon bounty hunting
Thargoid scout killing
Trading
Mission running
Mining
Wing assassination missions
Travel up to Colonia and Sag A*
Passenger missions

I don't see how a ship I've been able to do all that with needs buffing.

Edit: oops, forgot to add piracy to that list as well.

Last edited:
Maybe it is something that's a guilty pleasure for them. Don't worry OP, we won't tell anyone. ;)

Anyway, the Clipper seems fine to me given that I've used it for:

High/med/low CZs
High Res/ comp nav beacon bounty hunting
Thargoid scout killing
Trading
Mission running
Mining
Wing assassination missions
Travel up to Colonia and Sag A*
Passenger missions

I don't see how a ship I've been able to do all that with needs buffing.
But don't you see the truth? It is ultimately not able to unleash it's full potential if it's only allowed to land on a large pad. Make it a medium ship and everything changes. everything
It will be so much better in so many ways....I can't give you any examples right off the top of my head. But it'll be better. In more ways than one. And all of them are more important than the last one.

But don't you see the truth? It is ultimately not able to unleash it's full potential if it's only allowed to land on a large pad. Make it a medium ship and everything changes. everything
It will be so much better in so many ways....I can't give you any examples right off the top of my head. But it'll be better. In more ways than one. And all of them are more important than the last one.
Well, you can't argue with that. Literally.

Top Bottom