Clipper Needs To Be Re-speced to land on medium pads.

Maybe it is something that's a guilty pleasure for them. Don't worry OP, we won't tell anyone. ;)

Anyway, the Clipper seems fine to me given that I've used it for:

High/med/low CZs
High Res/ comp nav beacon bounty hunting
Thargoid scout killing
Trading
Mission running
Mining
Wing assassination missions
Travel up to Colonia and Sag A*
Passenger missions

I don't see how a ship I've been able to do all that with needs buffing.

Edit: oops, forgot to add piracy to that list as well.
Have you been able to do any of that at an outpost?

Have you been able to do any of that at an outpost?
I made trade elite before 3.3 dropped (so no void opals) doing all trade and mission running in a Clipper or a Cutter. Never needed them.

Even now I can make 3-5 million profit per run trading between large pad stations.

Last edited:
Clipper might not need to land on medium pads.

On the other hand, Outposts really need at least one large pad.
Orbital Outpost i mean. Planetary Outposts already have at least 2 Large Pads.

10-20-2019_6-56-26_PM-1pyjmn2m.jpg

Maybe it is something that's a guilty pleasure for them. Don't worry OP, we won't tell anyone. ;)

Anyway, the Clipper seems fine to me given that I've used it for:

High/med/low CZs
High Res/ comp nav beacon bounty hunting
Thargoid scout killing
Trading
Mission running
Mining
Wing assassination missions
Travel up to Colonia and Sag A*
Passenger missions

I don't see how a ship I've been able to do all that with needs buffing.

Edit: oops, forgot to add piracy to that list as well.

Have you been able to land on a medium pad with it?
NO!

And that is what the OP was about, not about what you've been able to do with yours, I've done a great deal with mine and it has probably most of my 2000 hours in it's seat, but I still would pay an extra 20mcr and lose a couple of small slots to have telescopic pontoons!

Or...
A reasonably larger pad, one that's, say... Clipper size!

I made trade elite before 3.3 dropped (so no void opals) doing all trade and mission running in a Clipper or a Cutter. Never needed them.

Even now I can make 3-5 million profit per run trading between large pad stations.
There are many missions to outposts that you would have to turn down if you were in a Clipper or a Cuter.

Also, if you own a Cutter, why would you continue to use a Clipper?

If all stations and outposts had at least 1 large pad, then the game could do a away with different size pads altogether - after all, what purpose would they serve?

Wait...

Gotta stop you there!
OK the Cutter is a bit more 'svelte' but c'mon...
The Clipper is only a tenth of the price and faster... much faster, and it's a G R E A T Canyon runner... if you do it sideways!

I tested a Cutter... flew it out of the letterbox, turned round...(that was ten minutes) then went straight back and sold it back!

Why not just make every ship the same, just with different skins?

Have you been able to land on a medium pad with it?
NO!

And that is what the OP was about, not about what you've been able to do with yours, I've done a great deal with mine and it has probably most of my 2000 hours in it's seat, but I still would pay an extra 20mcr and lose a couple of small slots to have telescopic pontoons!
That would be a better looking but less practical Python.

There are many missions to outposts that you would have to turn down if you were in a Clipper or a Cuter.

The Clipper is far more fun to fly.

Not sure how the post you quoted is related to your post, so i feel obliged to ask:
Yup.

If we just made every ship the same size with the same internals and only changed the skin, we wouldn't have to worry about any ship not being able to land here or there or not being able to do something that another ship can. We just make the entire game homogeneous in the sense of fairness. Right?

Yup.

If we just made every ship the same size with the same internals and only changed the skin, we wouldn't have to worry about any ship not being able to land here or there or not being able to do something that another ship can. We just make the entire game homogeneous in the sense of fairness. Right?

Nop.
Adding some internals to the Clipper (or altering the current ones) would not make it the same with Krait nor with Python and certainly not with T-7. Flight characteristics will still be different, so the internals.
Or,
Adding a Large Pad to Outposts would mean that everyone is free to play whatever ship they want based on preferences, not on pad restrictions. It would actually benefit the Clipper and the T7 most and way less the clumsier big 5

Now, the Clipper itself is quite an abomination compared with Krait mk2 and the Python:
400t hull (vs 320 Krait Mk2 and 350 Python), one less large hard point, smaller PP, PS and Sensors (6/6/5 versus 7/7/6 in Krait/Python) , smaller fuel tank (16t vs 32t)

So sensibly heavier with sensibly smaller Cores. Does that means more space for Optionals? Nope

It carriers way less passengers (96 vs 114 / 146) while for cargo is somewhere in the middle: Krait 230t, Clipper 250, Python 294.
We have to assume that all the space it's wasted for Ball Rooms, dressing rooms and slaves quarters.

Even weirder, in a basic trader coriolis config, the laden Clipper has 758t total mass versus a similarly laden Krait Mk2 at 714t.
Yet the heavier Clipper (do they make them from cast iron?) is faster and more maneuverable than Krait, both using with the same size, interchangeable, Thrusters.

So the stats for Clipper are all over the place. Really all over.

I could agree that is a narrow body ship. So internals are limited. But at least they could fill those huuuuge wings with fuel tanks. Nope
A Clipper has only a size 4 fuel tank, and it's a ship that "it is used for transporting valuable items and personnel of importance across the Empire" ? Yea, right.
Don't forget to refuel every 3 jumps. Or pack a Fuel Scoop and transport "way smaller valuable items and even fewer personnel of importance"

A size 6 fuel Tank would make more sense for a ship like the Clipper, not to mention that it will make me happier too. And everyone else.

Still, as i said, with all its flaws i still love my Clipper and it's the only ship in my 40+ ships fleet that got an Iridescent paintjob last holiday.

The clipper is already a medium. It does not need any slot or stat changes to go to a medium pad.

Mediums have no more than 10 slots. It has 9. The python has 294 cargo and the krait 230. The clipper has 250. The only difference is it has 1 7 instead of multiple 6's. It has 400t base hull. Less than most bigger mediums. It's even half the price of most mediums.

The only thing they need to do is make the wings fold in on landing when going to a medium pad. It could be made into a ship that can land on both medium and large pads giving the empire unique ships fitting their style. Condensed and mutipurpose. Or just change it to medium.

The clipper is already a medium ship.

Last edited:
Nop.
Adding some internals to the Clipper (or altering the current ones) would not make it the same with Krait nor with Python and certainly not with T-7. Flight characteristics will still be different, so the internals.
Or,
Adding a Large Pad to Outposts would mean that everyone is free to play whatever ship they want based on preferences, not on pad restrictions. It would actually benefit the Clipper and the T7 most and way less the clumsier big 5

Now, the Clipper itself is quite an abomination compared with Krait mk2 and the Python:
400t hull (vs 320 Krait Mk2 and 350 Python), one less large hard point, smaller PP, PS and Sensors (6/6/5 versus 7/7/6 in Krait/Python) , smaller fuel tank (16t vs 32t)

So sensibly heavier with sensibly smaller Cores. Does that means more space for Optionals? Nope

It carriers way less passengers (96 vs 114 / 146) while for cargo is somewhere in the middle: Krait 230t, Clipper 250, Python 294.
We have to assume that all the space it's wasted for Ball Rooms, dressing rooms and slaves quarters.

Even weirder, in a basic trader coriolis config, the laden Clipper has 758t total mass versus a similarly laden Krait Mk2 at 714t.
Yet the heavier Clipper (do they make them from cast iron?) is faster and more maneuverable than Krait, both using with the same size, interchangeable, Thrusters.

So the stats for Clipper are all over the place. Really all over.

I could agree that is a narrow body ship. So internals are limited. But at least they could fill those huuuuge wings with fuel tanks. Nope
A Clipper has only a size 4 fuel tank, and it's a ship that "it is used for transporting valuable items and personnel of importance across the Empire" ? Yea, right.
Don't forget to refuel every 3 jumps. Or pack a Fuel Scoop and transport "way smaller valuable items and even fewer personnel of importance"

A size 6 fuel Tank would make more sense for a ship like the Clipper, not to mention that it will make me happier too. And everyone else.

Still, as i said, with all its flaws i still love my Clipper and it's the only ship in my 40+ ships fleet that got an Iridescent paintjob last holiday.
You mean...there are differences between ships and trade-offs must be made? Interesting. So...like...sometimes if you make a choice, you have to live with the consequences of that choice?? Like...if you choose to fly the Clipper because of the benefits it provides, you might have to live with the consequences of a smaller fuel tank and not being able to land on every single station in the game??

Interesting concept...you may be on to something.

Top Bottom