CMDR Beacon for establishing SRV and Canyon races

My proposal: A beacon that is sold as a commodity at a station or carrier, that can be named and dropped as a marker that is persistent across platforms, and last for more than a day or so.

My squad likes SRV racing and recently stared building canyon racers. Our SRV races are head to head, where you line up and race to a not so distant ground base. We do this because it's the only way we can have something targeted to race too. This works for now but is limited. Without a base, there is no way to tell CMDRs go here. This has become more evident when we tried to set up a canyon race last night. Nothing to race to and no way to say take this turn then that turn.

Imagine how many established race courses would pop up in Elite if we could set way points for races.

How would you and your squad use CMDR beacons if they where available?
What about time until despawn? I would like to set up a course the day before a race.
Maybe CMDR set timer until despawn self destruction? Might be getting too complicated here.

Deleted member 121570

D
Good idea - we've been after something similar for a long time in ERF.

Workarounds in the meantime can be lap fly-through videos, overhead screenshots with maps marked out etc, and live fly-throughs on event days or in advance.
Generally it's do-able, but it'd be nice to have some tools of convenience indeed.
See
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZoQcaD2YXw
as an example :) (map in youtube comments section)

As an aside - what platform you on and where are ya racing? Always down for a bit of race competition :)

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing you can do for SRV racing is to use either coordinates or planetary bases as endpoints for simple long(ish) distance point-to-point races.

Examples of this are the Pomeche Ridge Challenge ..

.. the Cortes Base Drag Strip Challenge ..

.. and the Wasat rally stage of the IronBucky challenge ..

This should be a thing. Could do a pace lap that makes a track and share that with friends , it could make lines on your hud that kinda fits to the geography. Please make this a thing

Top Bottom