CMDR Validating as Fleet Carrier owner?

It's a cross platform thing; Xbox? I remember reading in years past that where you see it it's just a database incompatibility thing (how true isn't something I remember).

@Frillop Freyraum this guy had it parked in one of our systems for about a week, a while back. It was quite strange.

But that is interesting. If "this guy" actually would be a database error, it could appear in various places at once. So, this one from my OP is under decommission. I doubt that a normal commander would be allowed to buy a new one with an old one still in this state. So, any reports of CMDR Validating as FC owner would be very welcome - to prove or disprove a theory. For the sciene! :D

I've come across situations similar to this before (can't remember what / where exactly) , assumed it was an error of some sort, but i guess it could be down to a rather confusing cmdr name.

If you go to one of those systems that are crowded with carriers, you will probably find several of them that claim to belong to Cmdr Validating.

Sometimes (but not always), if you find a planet mapped by CMDR Validating and you map it yourself, the real First Mapper's name will appear briefly.

I think this proves it's just a database glitch.

I've come across a quite a few decommissioning carriers over the last month, all owned by the mysterious CMDR Validating. Maybe they're a shipping magnate who's gone bankrupt?

If you go to one of those systems that are crowded with carriers, you will probably find several of them that claim to belong to Cmdr Validating.

Sometimes (but not always), if you find a planet mapped by CMDR Validating and you map it yourself, the real First Mapper's name will appear briefly.

I think this proves it's just a database glitch.

I have never seen it before, but yes, that is the confirmation I was looking for. Thank you! Although I know that CMDR Validation is an official, real Commander's name, I have always suspected a database error - simply because it is too common throughout the galaxy.

I might even go so far as to think that this is a database corruption that can no longer be fixed, and so one of the developers might have had the glorious idea of creating a commander with that name: to disguise the real reason...

Last edited:
I have never seen it before, but yes, that is the confirmation I was looking for. Thank you! Although I know that CMDR validation is an official, real Commander's name, I have always suspected a database error - simply because it is too common throughout the galaxy.
Either that or they've been dead busy

Top Bottom