CMDR Validating as Fleet Carrier owner?

With all the exploration data this guy has gathered over the years he/she can afford to own any number of carriers and have the upkeep for them for decades.

Sure, we can make funny jokes about it (which is perhaps all we can do). I for one would prefer to rub FDev's nose in these boils for a while, to always remind them that in this case they might have shot their own knees with the fleet carriers - because they are a great help in revealing the truth behind this mysterious "commander".

That's at least a possibillity and would make sense IMO.
I think it was something to do with Xbox gamer tags. For example, if an Xbox player got a gamer tag/account ban then their gamer tag would be nulled out to none existence thus changing it to validating wherever that gamer tag name was saved. So being that ED is a kind of cross platform then that validating tag would show up on all 3 platforms instead of the commanders real gamer tag. I think FDev was looking into it a few years back but nothing ever came of it.

I think it was something to do with Xbox gamer tags. For example, if an Xbox player got a gamer tag/account ban then their gamer tag would be nulled out to none existence thus changing it to validating wherever that gamer tag name was saved. So being that ED is a kind of cross platform then that validating tag would show up on all 3 platforms instead of the commanders real gamer tag. I think FDev was looking into it a few years back but nothing ever came of it.

But if that were the facts, wouldn't it be much better (should be relative easy with decent database tools) to wipe all CMDR Validating entries from the database and reset all affected systems? What would be the problem?

But if that were the facts, wouldn't it be much better (should be relative easy with decent database tools) to wipe all CMDR Validating entries from the database and reset all affected systems? What would be the problem?
I suspect that it's not all the facts or they may have wiped all the "validating" tags from everywhere at the flick of a switch on the next server tick. It maybe something to do with the Stella Forge and the compatibility with Microsoft. Nobody really knows anything except perhaps ED and/or Microsoft.

Wouldn't removing "Validating" leave planets without ever being discovered, only mapped?
Also, imagine explorers who passed through systems discovered by "Validating" and then someone says, "Hey, you can go back, those systems are now again blank and open for discovery and earnings. Don't mind if some of them are already mapped tho'!"

Wouldn't removing "Validating" leave planets without ever being discovered, only mapped?
Also, imagine explorers who passed through systems discovered by "Validating" and then someone says, "Hey, you can go back, those systems are now again blank and open for discovery and earnings. Don't mind if some of them are already mapped tho'!"
If it's truly related to Xbox's banned accounts ,that would depend on FDev's policy: if a banned commander gets to keep his names on discoveries, or if they would be up to discovery again from the next CMDR that finds it.

If it's truly related to Xbox's banned accounts ,that would depend on FDev's policy: if a banned commander gets to keep his names on discoveries, or if they would be up to discovery again from the next CMDR that finds it.

The tricky part would certainly be to separate only the actions of CMDR Validating from all other activities in a given system and to reset only his. So a brutal reset would probably not do the trick.

On a side note, some time ago there was a cheat reported that would allow you to jump several hundreds of LY in one go. Thist cheat must have produced some first discovery tags on systems that otherwise were inaccessible at these times, but now might be in reach for FCs. This cheat has certainly been sealed by now, but in regard to our CMD Validating I wonder if FDev is unable to reset illegal database entries and whether these still exist...

Last edited:
There's way too many Validatings for a "rare" cause like xBox bans to be the explanation.

We had a plague of Validatings back in version 2.4 or so, most of them went away with 3.0, then they gradually crept back again. It seems to be some kind of timeout error, the game tries to look for the name, runs out of time and just gives up.

Top Bottom