CMDRs now playing for ARX

With the introduction of ARXs it seems that people now play to get ARX.
The new incentive to play is ARX. Before ARX it was materials and before that it was credits.
Maybe this is a wrong perception, it is just based on the complains here in the forum about getting not enough ARX, where people feel that there efforts are not rewarded enough (with ARX).

It seems to be wrong to play for ARX or credits as it cumulates into the well known grind.

But what is the difference to other long running games like EVE, WoW or others (never played them long enough, so I don't know). What do other games different (or equal) to hold their players. Is there more or better playing content? "Deeper" content? "Emerging" content? (more, better, deeper, emerging = not well defined, maybe we get better understing about these qualifiers while discussing)

While there is a certain satisfaction in seeing my ARX pile up, I still play the game for fun. Pirated 120 tons of LTDs last night from NPCs, sold at Robardin Rock at way less than top dollar mainly to increase our NPC faction’s influence.

Only earned 7 ARX. Still had lots of fun.

If people are genuinely playing only to get ARX, which are worth literally fractions of a cent, then that’s pretty sad.

Loved you in Kentucky Fried Movie btw. 😀

Repped!
I think people are disappointed that they can't get freebies easily.
The 400 limit appears to be hard to get.
I don't think it's impossible, but you would have play every day and for quite a while.

Let's face it the idea is to act a loss leader to get you to BUY arx.

🤔
Combat seems to be the fastest way to earn ARX, just fyi. If you hit some CZs in a system at war, you can earn a couple hundred in an hour or so. Turning in explo data also seems to bring a decent ARX return as well.

I doubt any significant number of people play because of the arx.

After all, what would be the point? Playing a game just because of getting fake currency to get cosmetics for a game they only play to get fake currency to get cosmetics for a game they only play to get fake currency to get cosmetics for a game they only play to get fake currency to get cosmetics for a game to get fake currency to get cosmetics for a game to get fake currency?

But on the other hand, every time there's a gold rush many flock to it and grind it for weeks and months on end regardless if they're enjoying it or not, whatever it is, settlement scans, ferrying passengers in 40 minute trips, carrying poop 300ly away, and now look at how many people seemed to have fell in love with mining 5 years after mining was available... So maybe people do play for arx...

Whatever the case, as long as they're off my lawn, whatever anyone does it's his own business.

Last edited:
Open letter?
None of this. Its not about the game, its about the people who seem to play for ARX now.

While there is a certain satisfaction in seeing my ARX pile up, I still play the game for fun. Pirated 120 tons of LTDs last night from NPCs, sold at Robardin Rock at way less than top dollar mainly to increase our NPC faction’s influence.

Only earned 7 ARX. Still had lots of fun.

If people are genuinely playing only to get ARX, which are worth literally fractions of a cent, then that’s pretty sad.

Loved you in Kentucky Fried Movie btw. 😀

So for you there was no (slight) disappointment, seeing only 7 ARX earned?
Yes, its is sad, that others feel like this, but is also human. You get a reward (whatever) and you feel it is little, so your "work" was actually not honored but belittled.

I play just one other game for years now, DotA2, i am bad and play ranked in the lower parts, with nearly no progress, no reward in any sense, and no costs, I never buy cosmetics, but I play it for the fun of the team match. Winning now and then with a good team is the only reward and the goal of the game.

Gosh aren't you lucky to have access to F D player data! Or are you just omniscient? In which case you know exactly what I think of that remark and so save me getting moderated.
Saying "it seems that people now play for ARX" is like saying "people make errors". It does not mean, that you play for ARX or that you make errors (now or always or ever).
It means "there are some people now, who seem to play for ARX".
I know, you know that. You are just biased and implicate general negativity on every one starting a discussion.

................. You are just biased and implicate general negativity on every one starting a discussion.

No just people that make risible posts. (Btw I am not implicating "negativity" - I am expressing or demonstrating negativity to nonsense.)

P.S. Biased against or towards what?

Hopefully, it's just "new toy syndrome" and people will eventually remember why they played ED before the opportunity to earn Arx was implemented.

So for you there was no (slight) disappointment, seeing only 7 ARX earned?
Not really, because I know I can just blow up some NPCs if I really want to get ARX, and I know how much ARX are really worth, so it’s not much of an incentive. For me at least, and I can’t speak for others I suppose.

If I had any complaints, it’s the weekly limit and that ARX are not distributed equally for all activities. I suppose it is somewhat annoying that I spend an hour killing NPCs, I get hundreds. I spend an hour running cargo and passenger missions, I get like two. But just a little bothersome, not enough to lessen my enjoyment of playing, and only because the ARX I get for different activities seems entirely arbitrary.

<Offtopic>Aaaaaah, that Ignore button is of great relief</Offtopic>

Hopefully, it's just "new toy syndrome" and people will eventually remember why they played ED before the opportunity to earn Arx was implemented.

maybe not, as it is more just the start of the next variant of the grind complains. Yes, in this sense, this thread is maybe just another doom thread, sorry for this. I can understand that some people can't stand it anymore.

Top Bottom