CMDRs WANTED.jpg

Expedition Summary

Goal:
Fleet Carrier Deployment
Launch Date: June 10th
Expected Duration: 3-4 weeks
Route: BD-22 3573 (Bubble) -> Explorer's Anchorage -> Arcadian Stream
Roles: Mining, Exploration

This is one of the first expeditions to permanently deploy a fleet carrier into deep space. Part of the Deep Space Support Array, the DSSA Callisto will deploy to the northern half of Arcadian Stream. We are now recruiting expedition members to support this mission.

Expedition Sign-Up Form

https://forms.gle/37MqRhLexfdaTZBq8

About the DSSA

The Deep Space Support Array is a project to deploy a network of support carriers all over the galaxy to help explorers in their deep space travels. These carriers will remain in a fixed and public location for at least a full year with repair and other services open to all. Beacons in the profound night, they will provide safe harbor for anyone in need.

Expedition: DSSA Callisto's Respite
  • The DSSA Callisto will take part in the Aphelion group launch event in BD-22 3573 and will depart one day after the main group. Callisto is acting as sweep carrier and will depart on June 10th
  • Our route will take us, via carrier, from the Bubble to Explorer's Anchorage station in the Galactic Core where we will participate in a mining op to refuel DSSA carriers
  • We will then proceed to the northern half of Arcadian Stream, again via carrier, and begin scouting systems to find an optimal location to deploy the DSSA Callisto
  • A final mining op will top-off our carrier's supply of tritium, to support other carriers, and Callisto will officially deploy as part of the Deep Space Support Array
  • Services offered by Callisto will include: Refuel, Repair, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, and Universal Cartographics

Expedition Map - High Level Cropped.jpg

Expedition Member Benefits
  • Take part in ED history by helping to deploy the DSSA
  • Hang out with a relaxed, casual, and friendly group of explorers and miners
  • Optional side trip to visit the galaxy's supermassive black hole at SagA
  • Pre-expedition support for members of all experience levels, including engineering upgrades and earning credits

Expedition Member Responsibilities
  • Primary Responsibilities
    • Scouting/exploration to identify deployment system and local points-of-interest in Arcadian Stream
    • Participate in expedition mining ops to fuel carriers
  • Secondary Responsibility
    • Investigate possibility that the deployment area has an unusually high number of habitable planets, including water worlds and earth-like worlds

Post-Expedition Opportunities
  • Expedition members are welcome to operate and base out of the DSSA Callisto, should they wish
  • Paid mining opportunities may arise as carriers stopping at Callisto refuel from her supply of tritium
  • Members may continue to other expeditions, return to the Bubble or Colonia, or set off on their own explorations

Membership Requirements

Expedition Sign-Up Form (same as above, repeated for your scrolling pleasure)

https://forms.gle/37MqRhLexfdaTZBq8

DSSA_Signature.png

Note: Expedition details subject to change based on beta revisions to fleet carrier functionality

Last edited:
Expedition Route Plan

Travel Day
Day
Time (GMT)
DepartsArrives
Jumps
Distance
Travel Time (H)
Destination Notes
1​
June 10​
13:00​
BD-22 3573PLAA AIN FF-Z D76
21​
9441​
7.0​
Rekohu Project
2​
June 11​
12:30​
PLAA AIN FF-Z D76MYLAIFAI CN-C B45-44
23​
10363​
7.7​
Red Cloud Nebula
3​
June 12
15:00​
MYLAIFAI CN-C B45-44STUEMEAE FG-Y D7561
18​
7746​
6.0​
Explorer's Anchorage (Refueling Op)
4​
June 15​
STUEMEAE FG-Y D7561OOH CHRUIA LM-W F1-3
11​
5081​
3.7​
Sleeper's Solace
5​
June 16​
OOH CHRUIA LM-W F1-3RHUEDGIE WS-W C16-5
8​
4295​
2.7​
Breakthrough Echoes
6​
June 17​
RHUEDGIE WS-W C16-5Aishaism HL-T c5-38
12​
5229​
4.0​
Post-Aphelion Mid-Point to Deployment Area
7​
June 18​
Aishaism HL-T c5-38Aishaint RY-H d10-47
10​
4592​
3.3​
Preliminary Deployment Area
Route Notes

• The DSSA Callisto is the sweep carrier for the Aphelion Expedition. It will leave a day later than the initial launch. Its first two travel days will be a long, hard push of back-to-back jumps to catch up with the rest of the expedition at Explorer's Anchorage. Subsequent travel days will be more relaxed
  • Expect a pause at Explorer's Anchorage for the refueling operation. Maybe a day or so. Side visit to SagA with selfies is recommended
  • Date and Time noted for departures are GMT. These are will-not-leave-before times. If you are on the FC by the listed time, you will not miss your ride
  • Travel will generally start between 12:00 and 14:00 GMT and will be noted in this post. Once DSSA Callisto has reached its destination for the day. Pilots are encouraged to mine, explore and enjoy the local area up to the next listed departure time
  • Travel Times are approximate and best case. They do not included pauses for RL things like meals, so consider them rough estimates
  • Follow the aphelion-announcements channel in FleetComm Discord for countdown announcements
  • Alert Gnauty immediately in FleetComm Discord and via DM, should you miss a jump
Pre-Launch Checklist
All expedition members should review the checklist and plan accordingly for the trip. Please note that Callisto will only be stopping at the waypoints noted above. It will not be pausing at Antares to allow latecomers, stragglers and scofflaws to catch-up.

Important Rules
  • Before undocking during travel periods, check the system map for the FC's location. It frequently jumps into a system very far from the primary star. This can result in SC travel distances measured in hundreds-of-thousands of light seconds if you jump out of and return to the system in your own ship. These distances GUARANTEE you will be unable to return to the Callisto in time for the next jump
  • During travel periods, don't undock unless you have a good scoop and decent FSD range. If you miss a jump, it will be on you to catch-up with Callisto at the next jump point
  • If you miss a jump, please let me know in Discord ASAP. It's important to coordinate jumps with any overboard CMDRs

Last edited:
Well, if it's really "relaxed, casual, and friendly group of explorers and miners", then I'm in. :) I like mining AND I've never seen SagA before AND I've been looking forward to visit Arcadian Stream someday for some months AND I will be really enjoyed to make history. I've signed in as "Alex Miner"
I hope that my English will improving then too, bit by bit. ;-)

Well, if it's really "relaxed, casual, and friendly group of explorers and miners", then I'm in. :) I like mining AND I've never seen SagA before AND I've been looking forward to visit Arcadian Stream someday for some months AND I will be really enjoyed to make history. I've signed in as "Alex Miner"

Hi Alex,

Yes, we really are casual. I see your form application and have sent you a Discord invitation. Think you'll really enjoy SagA and some of the other sites we may happen across in the Arcadian Stream!

And don't worry about your English. We're an international group. See you on Discord!

~Gnauty

Hi Alex,
I'm curious: what is your time zone?

Would it be fine to join without being involved in the mining just to do exploration at the Arcadian stream? Don't like mining, but the expedition sounds cool outside of that.

Would it be fine to join without being involved in the mining just to do exploration at the Arcadian stream? Don't like mining, but the expedition sounds cool outside of that.

Hi Moniboi,

I am definitely most excited about the exploration opportunities in Arcadian Stream, too. Would love to have you join the expedition but the expectation is that everyone lends a hand with the mining. It's not necessarily the most fun part of the game, for some, but it's how the FC is going to get 40k ly into the black.

Regards,
Gnauty

Hi Moniboi,

I am definitely most excited about the exploration opportunities in Arcadian Stream, too. Would love to have you join the expedition but the expectation is that everyone lends a hand with the mining. It's not necessarily the most fun part of the game, for some, but it's how the FC is going to get 40k ly into the black.

Regards,
Gnauty
tbh I really enjoy mining. I'll gladly do more of that than exploration.

Top Bottom