CMDRS WANTED - DSSA Fleet Carrier Deployment

Yes. You have to complete the form, join the FleetComm PG and abide by it rules to be part of the expedition. We use Discord for comms.

Is any of that problematic for you?

No at all o7

Edit : Did not wanted to overcharge the form if was not needed since my participation may be "casual" tbh =)

Last edited:
Oh yes, I have found the Carrier I'll be joining for DSSA. Stoked to finally go to Arcadian Stream ! I've been part of distant worlds 2 and it was one of the most amazing community driven experience I've had in years. I'll bring mining gear and a couple of well-proven ships .

I also might stream bits of the whole expedition if everyone's okay with that.

o7 see you there commanders

Last edited:
Great, welcome aboard, PlataOPlomo! We have a pretty active channel in FleetComm Discord. Drop by and introduce yourself.

I just submitted my application form, in the hope that it isn't too late, only just stumbled across the entire DSSA program.

Looks like I'll need to hustle back to the Bubble

Switching from DSSA Sleeper Service, as it apparently doesn't have a shipyard. Bringing along a smaller fleet of three ships prepared for this mission:
  • FDL 'TFS Crimson Panther' for scouting/exploration (this was the first FDL at Beagle Point, to be rebased to DSSA Callisto permanently)
  • T9 'TFS Lumberjane II' miner rig
  • Anaconda 'TFS Exxon Valdez' as long range hauler

Welcome aboard optimal_909!

We are in the staging system and have fueled up. Pls transfer any ships and modules you would like to bring and be sure to logoff on the Callisto.

Welcome aboard optimal_909!

We are in the staging system and have fueled up. Pls transfer any ships and modules you would like to bring and be sure to logoff on the Callisto.

Thanks, all set, ships are there including 512 tons of tritium in the cargo hold (could not log in earlier for the proper refuleing). :)

I just submitted my application form, in the hope that it isn't too late, only just stumbled across the entire DSSA program.

Looks like I'll need to hustle back to the Bubble

Unfortunatly I'm going to have to withdraw. Looks like I won't have nearly enough time to contribute in a meaningful way in the next 1.5 weeks.

And we're off!

20200610135801_1.jpg

MOTD June 11

We pushed off and are now in the black. Yesterday was eventful and I think we're all learning how gameplay works with the new FCs. We had some overboard experiences (missed jumps), some docking bugs, and a couple of stowaways turned-up.

Life Lessons

I'd like to call attention to some lessons and recently-added important rules:
  • Before undocking during travel periods, check the system map for the FC's location. It frequently jumps into a system very far from the primary star. This can result in SC travel distances measured in hundreds-of-thousands of light seconds if you jump out of and return to the system in your own ship. These distances GUARANTEE you will be unable to return to the Callisto in time for the next jump
  • During travel periods, don't undock unless you have a good scoop and decent FSD range. If you miss a jump, it will be on you to catch-up with Callisto at the next jump point
  • If you miss a jump, please let me know in Discord ASAP. It's important to coordinate jumps with any overboard CMDRs

Schedule Update
We had some unforeseen adventures and pauses on the 10th. I'm personally enjoying all of it but do want to set expectations about our schedule and XA ETA. We are currently looking at three travel days to XA rather than two. As of writing, the game is also experiencing server problems preventing carrier jumps. Impact on the schedule is currently unknown.

Please check the Aphelion Fleet Status Sheet for next scheduled jump information:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hUt1BVoOXLD9kDD_f4uTRXlw7XE4J7-BC4tAOmj2OgY/edit#gid=0

Official departure times are noted in the second post of the expedition thread:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/cmdrs-wanted-dssa-fleet-carrier-deployment.543369/post-8426061

Top Bottom