CMDRS WANTED - DSSA Fleet Carrier Deployment

MOTD June 12

This is our final travel day before arriving at XA. Afterwards, mining ops to refuel the Aphelion Expedition FCs will be ongoing, likely through the weekend.

I am looking for a volunteer to make an infographic/poster that will save CMDR lives. If you have the skills, interest and time for a quick turn-around, please DM me in Discord for details.

We’ll be traveling fast today so please remember, if you undock:
  • Check distance to arrival
  • Fuel scoop
  • Decent FSD
We get underway at 15:00.

o7

MOTD June 13

The DSSA Callisto has arrived at Explorer's Anchorage!

We will remain in the area and participate in DSSA refueling ops through the weekend. Planned departure is Monday, June 15th, 12:30 UTC. As always, please see the second post on this thread for departure times.

Saturday Field Trip with Erimus Kamzel

On Saturday at 17:00 UTC, DSSA Distant Worlds (not DSSA Callisto) will make an excursion to Altum Sagittarii, approx. 2,000 LYs above Sagittarius A*, its an old DW1 basecamp ("Gagarin's Reach") with great views of the galaxy below. Everyone is welcome to hop aboard for the trip. There will be a surface meetup at the basecamp. Return to XA at around 21:00 UTC.

Sunday Class Photo

We will attempt a group photo op with Callisto in SagA on Sunday at 17:00. This may be limited by how Elite-Dangerous handles instances but, at a minimum, each CMDR should be able to get a selfie with the FC by the black hole. Anyone who has good instance-fu skills, please DM me on Discord with advice.

Travel Schedules, Important Links, Trackers

Have a great weekend and enjoy the Galactic Core!

MOTD June 14

I’m told we still need fueling for Mercy and Challenger. Would like to push to get them fueled today. In that spirit, I’m going to offer official Callisto medals for mining efforts this weekend. The “Order of the Mining Cub: XA” will be awarded as follows... Bronze will be any amount of mining, silver for 500 tons, gold for 1,000+. Self reporting and honor system applies. Please fire up those lasers!

Reminders…
  • Class photo today at 17:00 at SagA
  • We resume travel Monday, June 15th at 12:30 UTC. It will be important to maintain jump discipline.
Until then, happy mining!

MOTD June 15

The DSSA Callisto has departed XA and is underway to Sleeper's Solace!

The pace is more leisurely now. We have 11 jumps scheduled with 3.7 hours of travel time today.

Please maintain jump discipline. If you miss a jump, you will need to catch-up with the FC on your own and we are moving into a low-star density region which makes that very difficult.

DSSA_Callisto_1.png

MOTD June 16

I hope everyone had a chance to enjoy the view at Sleeper's Solace. Today the DSSA Callisto will proceed to Breakthrough Echoes, which is the final Aphelion Expedition waypoint we will be visiting. Tomorrow we will detach from Aphelion and begin to cross-over to the spiral arm in Arcadian Stream.

We have 8 jumps scheduled today with 2.7 hours of travel time. Star density will increase markedly and there is a prospecting sheet with candidates for exploration at Breakthrough Echoes. Details in the logistics channel on Discord.

Please maintain jump discipline. If you miss a jump, you will need to catch-up with the FC on your own.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/136f3i0vlZJ0_7R4feno9xzxgaQ3Owsy3p1dhc9vyXdA/edit

One of my very few "selfies" I've taken in Elite... one of only 2 star systems I could reach up here in the Galactic Loft at Sleepers Solace while parked over night. I rather liked it and thought I would share since I risked getting stranded for it, LOL.

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.06.15 - 18.37.21.70.jpg

MOTD June 17

Today, we detach from the Aphelion Expedition and make our way toward the Arcadian Stream. We get underway at 12:30 UTC. Jump details are available in the Callisto Fleet Status HUD:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fgUCqAP9w2QeLL67xaJ2HDhjI/edit#gid=1390111307

We have 12 jumps scheduled today for about 4 hours of travel time. Star density will vary as we descend approximately 900 light years in Z value and approach the gap between spiral arms. Please maintain jump discipline. If you miss a jump, you will have to catch-up with the FC on your own, which may be difficult.

Our waypoint for the day is Aishaism HL-T c5-38, notable only because Spansh plotted it as a FC jump target. Exciting for me, however, is that public mapping tools indicate only three stars within 50 yr while a quick check of the galaxy map in-game shows dozens. This is a strong indication that we will be encountering many unexplored systems!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/136f3i0vlZJ0_7R4feno9xzxgaQ3Owsy3p1dhc9vyXdA/edit

MOTD June 18

Final travel day today! We get underway at 12:30 UTC and will travel to our target destination area in the Arcadian Stream (Aishaint RY-H d10-47). Jump details are available in the Callisto Fleet Status HUD:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fgUCqAP9w2QeLL67xaJ2HDhjI/edit#gid=1390111307

We have 10 jumps scheduled for about 3.5 hours of travel time. As always, please maintain jump discipline while we are traveling.

Once we are in Aishaint RY-H d10-47, explorers can begin selecting grids and exploring our little corner of the galaxy. See the pinned link in our Discord channel for instructions and details.

Grats to kyleMcGriffin and Nathan Ex for finding Trit2 hot spots during our overnight!

MOTD June 19

Welcome to the Arcadian Stream CMDRs! Et in Arcadia ego.

This is our first full day in the Stream and exploration of our 100 ly cube is well underway. Of the 100 search columns, 30% have been completed, 8% are in-progress and the remaining 62% are available (as of writing). We have explored 348 systems, FSS scanned 3407 planets and DSS scanned 301 rings. Most significantly, 2 Tritanium hot spots have been identified. I estimate that we will complete exploration of the cube sometime during the weekend.

After that, we will make a group decision about whether to continue focused, organized, exploration (columns in a cube) and whether or not we have a suitable candidate for permanent deployment of the DSSA Callisto.

Just to make sure we’re all on the same page, for scanning in the 100 ly cube, the rule is to FSS everything and DSS all rings. Please look for and note any Trit2+ overlaps (there is a column for this in the Scanned Systems sheet). Other overlaps are not necessary to document but are appreciated.

I am looking for volunteers who are not directly involved in exploring the cube to help with some longer-range scouting. This is a great opportunity for console players and anyone unable to run EDD. Please DM me on Discord if you are interested.

MOTD June 19

Welcome to the Arcadian Stream CMDRs! Et in Arcadia ego.

This is our first full day in the Stream and exploration of our 100 ly cube is well underway. Of the 100 search columns, 30% have been completed, 8% are in-progress and the remaining 62% are available (as of writing). We have explored 348 systems, FSS scanned 3407 planets and DSS scanned 301 rings. Most significantly, 2 Tritanium hot spots have been identified. I estimate that we will complete exploration of the cube sometime during the weekend.

After that, we will make a group decision about whether to continue focused, organized, exploration (columns in a cube) and whether or not we have a suitable candidate for permanent deployment of the DSSA Callisto.

Just to make sure we’re all on the same page, for scanning in the 100 ly cube, the rule is to FSS everything and DSS all rings. Please look for and note any Trit2+ overlaps (there is a column for this in the Scanned Systems sheet). Other overlaps are not necessary to document but are appreciated.

I am looking for volunteers who are not directly involved in exploring the cube to help with some longer-range scouting. This is a great opportunity for console players and anyone unable to run EDD. Please DM me on Discord if you are interested.

1010px-Nicolas_Poussin_-_Et_in_Arcadia_ego_(deuxième_version).jpg

MOTD June 21 (a little early)

Callisto rolled into Watkuweis a little less than three days ago. In that time, we have crushed the goal of exploring a 100 ly cube. The work is winding down as I write and the data has yet to be cleaned-up but the scope of what we have accomplished is beginning to take form. Imagine FSS scanning every planet and DSS scanning every ring in every system of a 100 x 100 x 100 ly cube. In our neighborhood, that's close to 900 systems and a similar number of rings with a planet count around 9,000.

Take a moment to let that soak in…

That's exactly what the Callisto's Respite Expedition has done since arriving in the Arcadian Stream on June 18th!

So what's next?

Top priority is to finish the cube. After that, I would like to shift our emphasis to scouting.

We're looking for a suitable system to deploy the Callisto. We have made a lot of interesting discoveries, including several Trit2 hotspots, but I don't think we've quite yet found a system where we want to permanently deploy Callisto.

We currently have a small team of volunteers working on what I think of as Exploration Grids 2.0. The 1.0 version we have been using worked well in testing in May with four CMDRs in a small patch of the galaxy. Once we scaled up to a full expedition with thousands of records, though, limitations started to show. I don’t have an ETA for when this will be ready but the team is hard at work and I will be providing updates regularly.

Meanwhile, I would like to shift our exploration process from the systematic data gathering of the grids we have been using to all-out scouting. For those of you who want to continue searching for Callisto's deployment system, I would like you to spend the next few days scattering in random directions and enjoying true exploration at its best. Please stay within 1,000 ly of the FC in the X and Y axis but go as high or low as you like in the Z axis. Go find amazing things and report them in the form I have linked in our Discord channel.

Areas of potential interest:
  • Close to Z-axis 0 where the stellar density should be higher
  • Neutron fields
  • More of the Watkuweis area

As with all of our group activities, this is completely optional. You are free to do as you like and enjoy the game and the Callisto as you see fit. If exploring is not your thing, there is mining to be done, as well. Really, however you most want to spend time in our little stretch of the galaxy is fine.

I remain amazed at what we have accomplished in Arcadian Stream and am excited about what's next!

o7

I am following your progress. Looks good! I did not think that the limitation of using Tritium would be overcome, but it seems at least your group has done so...

I still have reservations about buying a Fleet Carrier, but might, if the right situation arises. If you do need another FC, I can buy one, no sweat. The idea of "parking" it was not what I envisioned, but I may be willing to do so if called upon.

In other words, if you have need, message me, either here, or in game. Shoot your proposal, and if I like it, I will be inclined to accept. The financial burden of an FC is negligible for me, even if I make no profit from it, and I do like the exploration you guys are doing...

But for now, consider me noncommittal. I don't want to raise any expectations that I will not come through on...

I am also thinking of running something similar out to where there are good places to extract Guardian Tech. I may do that first, or if it dovetails with plans you wish to make, do it in co-ordination with your efforts...

;'{P~~~

You’re welcome to come out anytime you like, Jason. We are part of the DSSA, which may interest you. My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that the fleet carriers are really at their best when you have a group of people supporting them. The financial cost is not really the constraint. If you have a group of people with a shared goal to travel somewhere together in the galaxy, they’re fantastic. Let me know if you do venture out. o7

I will be running a formation flying session on Saturday 28th @ 1900 UTC, hopefully to get some nice flybys of Callisto before people depart for the bubble on passing FCs.
If you are interested in participating, please DM me either here or on Discord.
Depending on numbers, I may run an earlier training session, I'll let you know if so. Equally if there is abundant lack of interest I'll call it off :)

MOTD June 23 – Trit3 Hotspot Discovered

Our hard work exploring the local area has been rewarded with what I am told is the first discovery of a triple-Tritium hot spot outside the Bubble. Congratulations to everyone who has taken part in this group effort and especially to CMDR Nax Wren, who discovered the site.

DSSA Callisto has jumped and is now orbiting Aishaint XI-K d8-127 B 11, site of this discovery. Early analysis indicates the spot has an average of 25.2% Tritium with 1 in 4 rocks being 30% or above.

We have not yet selected a final deployment system for the DSSA Callisto. My sense is that Aishaint XI-K d8-127 is a solid candidate but I would like for localized exploration to continue in the near term. Expect up to three new 100 ly exploration cubes to be opened in time for the weekend. We are also looking into exploration based on system naming conventions.

Upcoming Activities
  • CMDR Tromador will be running a formation flying session on Saturday, June 28th at 19:00 UTC
  • Zero Dawn refueling op on or around June 28, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Colonia)
  • DSSA Nest refueling op on or around July 2, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Mare Somnia)
  • Mercy of Angel refueling op on or around July 5, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Bubble)

Squadron Membership

The newly created squadron, Callisto Crew (CACR), is accepting members. This is an opportunity to continue and expand the community that has developed around the Callisto's Respite Expedition. Participation in the expedition is not required to join.

Top Bottom