CMDRS WANTED - DSSA Fleet Carrier Deployment

MOTD June 23 – Trit3 Hotspot Discovered

Upcoming Activities
  • CMDR Tromador will be running a formation flying session on Saturday, June 28th at 19:00 UTC
  • Zero Dawn refueling op on or around June 28, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Colonia)
  • DSSA Nest refueling op on or around July 2, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Mare Somnia)
  • Mercy of Angel refueling op on or around July 5, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Bubble)

Off we go then. :)
800px-Stakhanov.JPG

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakhanovite_movement ;) )

MOTD June 25

Lot of stuff going on right now! Most of the links are pinned in our Discord channel but here's what you need to know, to be in the know...

Three New Exploration Cubes

Following our effort to explore every system in a 100 ly cube, we have made improvements to our process and opened three new cubes supporting different exploration styles. Check the pinned Discord link for a handy guide and link to grid selection.

Exploration in these cubes is optional. Our discoveries in them will help us to determine the official deployment system for DSSA Callisto.

Field Trip: Fueling Zero Dawn

Callisto will be making a field trip on Saturday and Sunday (June 27-28) to meet Zero Dawn for a fuel transfer. Details are still being worked out but the rough outline looks like this:
  • Saturday, June 27, beginning 12:15 UTC, Callisto jumps ~4k ly to rendezvous with ZD
  • Quick fuel transfer of 2-3k Trit to give ZD range to Wren's Rest
  • If timing is right, we do our flyby video with possibly 2 FCs :) See announcement below
  • Gnauty will most likely have to log for RL, then make return jumps with Callisto on Sunday
  • Formal refueling op commences on Sunday at Wren's Rest
This is an opportunity to spend a day exploring an unknown area with FC support. Just make sure you logoff onboard Callisto when you are done looking around.

It is perfectly fine to remain nearby Wren's Rest and continue with exploration or other independent activities during the field trip. Just keep in mind that Callisto will be off-site at this time. Don't freak out if you login and she is not in system!

Flyby and Video Op

There will be a formation flyby of the Callisto on Saturday (June 28th) at 1900 UTC. Please try to attend, as the more we have, the better the screenshots. Please RSVP to Tromador on Discord, so he has an accurate head count.

We will want to make a video of this event, for posterity, so anyone who thinks they would make a good cameraman, please DM Tromador.

Upcoming Activities
  • Field Trip: Fueling Zero Dawn, June 27-28 per above
  • CMDR Tromador will be running a formation flying session on Saturday, June 28th at 19:00 UTC per above
  • Zero Dawn (enroute to Colonia) refueling op, June 28+ at Wren's Rest
  • DSSA Nest (enroute to Mare Somnia) refueling op on or around July 2, depending on travel logistics
  • Mercy of Angel (enroute to Bubble) refueling op on or around July 5, depending on travel logistics
Squadron Membership

The newly created squadron, Callisto Crew (CACR), is accepting members. This is an opportunity to continue and expand the community that has developed around the Callisto's Respite Expedition. Participation in the expedition is not required to join.

Last edited:
MOTD - June 28

Callisto has returned to Wren's Rest and is currently orbiting planet B 11. For the next week or so emphasis will be placed on fueling passing FCs. First up is Zero Dawn, which is now in system with us.

A new medal is being awarded in support of this op, "Order of the Mining Cub: Zero Dawn." Tiers for this medal are as follows: Bronze for any level of mining participation; Silver for 500 to 999 tons; and Gold for 1,000+ mined to refuel Zero Dawn and Callisto. As with prior medals, this is self-reporting and based on the honor system. No need to enter amount mined in the medal column, just your tier. See the cheat sheet link in pinned messages on Discord to enter your information.

Also on the topic of medals, I am looking for a volunteer to design images for each of the medals. I think it would be fun to have an actual graphic for each and perhaps to eventually build-out acknowledgement sheets for each CMDR on the expedition list. Please DM Gnauty in Discord if you'd like to volunteer.

CMDR Tromador ran an excellent group formation flyby yesterday which was filmed by CMDR PlataOPlomo. The video is pinned in our Discord channel. Thanks, gentlemen!

Upcoming Activities
  • Zero Dawn refueling op now through July 1 (enroute to Colonia)
  • DSSA Nest refueling op on or around July 2, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Mare Somnia)
  • Mercy of Angel refueling op on or around July 5, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Bubble)

Squadron Membership

The newly created squadron, Callisto Crew (CACR), is accepting members. This is an opportunity to continue and expand the community that has developed around the Callisto's Respite Expedition. Participation in the expedition is not required to join. Members will need to join the FleetComm private group. Comms are on Discord.

I think we could promote the Callisto’s surrounding areas as areas with “an unusual amount of triple tritium hotspots and dozens of double tritium hotspots all within a two hundred light years radius of each other” or so. There are three of triple hotspots already discovered in the area, and I think it comes more for sure:

Aishaint XI-K d8-127 B11 Ring (Wren's Rest)
Phraa Blao HO-S c20-7 A 1 B Ring (The Pumpkin Patch)
Phraa Blao JJ-S c20-50 5 A Ring

The third one was discovered today and has no name yet. There are a strong tri3 and also a very strong tri2 hotspot. I’m considering about „Miner’s Wonder“ or „Miner’s Surprise”, because of a fluke – actually the system was just my transit system on the way to other star, I decided to check the rings just for conscience's sake. But let the other choose a name.

Last edited:
MOTD - July 2

It has been a busy couple of days for the Callisto's Respite Expedition.

Fueling of Zero Dawn concluded yesterday and took just three days to complete. We expect the arrival of DSSA Nest later today, so we will transition into that fueling op when they arrive in system (around 21:00, give or take an hour). Please be sure to update your medal information for the ZD op, I will add a medal for DSSA Nest fueling shortly.

On the topic of Medals, Wimmer has designed a beautiful set of medals that I am super excited to show to everyone. Pseudo is doing a little of his coding sorcery to dynamically generate expedition certificates/bios with medals for every expedition participant. Still TBD but I'm too excited not to mention the effort that's underway.

On the topic of getting underway and those sweet Tritium hotspots that make it possible, Nathan Ex discovered a Tri3 a mere 330 ly from Wren's Rest yesterday. The location is Phraa Blao HO-S c20-7 A 1 B Ring and has been named The Pumpkin Patch, due to its resemblance to a pumpkin and the multitude of 30%+ Tritium asteroids in the ring. Callisto has jumped into system, along with our guest Zero Dawn and will remain on site for fueling DSSA Nest. I jokingly remarked in Discord that we just need one more Tri3 to make a perfect Trifecta!

On the topic of Trifectas, Alex Miner discovered a third Tri3 less than 100ly away from the Pumpkin Patch this morning. The site has been confirmed as a genuine Tri3 and a POI submission is in the process of being drafted. Trifecta accomplished!

Please note that a fourth exploration cube, centered on the Pumpkin Patch, has been added to the sheet pinned in our Discord channel. This is a Scientific Survey cube so please be sure to follow all JAUnT tagging practices, FSS all bodies, and DSS all rings in any columns you select for exploration.

Upcoming Activities

DSSA Nest
refueling op begins today (July 2), s (enroute to Mare Somnia)
Mercy of Angel refueling op on or around July 6, depending on travel logistics (enroute to Bubble)

Squadron Membership

The newly created squadron, Callisto Crew (CACR), is accepting members. This is an opportunity to continue and expand the community that has developed around the Callisto's Respite Expedition. Participation in the expedition is not required to join. Members will need to join the FleetComm private group and join us in the callistos-respite channel on FleetComm Discord.

MOTD - July 6

Fueling has concluded for DSSA Nest, which will continue onward to Mare Somnia tomorrow. We wish them a pleasant journey!

We have been joined by the Le Guin, a privately owned carrier commanded by Jimbo Forias. Jimbo will likely support a side-expedition to look for Tri2+ sites further afield from the Callisto. Stay tuned for details in the next week or so.

The support carrier Mercy of Angel jumped into system earlier today and a voluntary refueling op is underway. The usual medals apply (Bronze for participation, Silver for 500-999 tons, Gold for 1,000+ tons).

Alex Miner's Tri3 has been submitted to the GMP as a POI. Congratulations, Alex!

Pseudo is organizing an SRV derby. Please see pinned posts in our Discord channel for details.

Upcoming Activities

Mercy of Angel refueling op underway now (enroute to Bubble)
SRV Derby, plannign underway

Squadron Membership

The newly created squadron, Callisto Crew (CACR), is accepting members. This is an opportunity to continue and expand the community that has developed around the Callisto's Respite Expedition. Participation in the expedition is not required to join. Members will need to join the FleetComm private group and join us in the callistos-respite channel on FleetComm Discord.

MOTD - July 9

Fueling has concluded for Mercy of Angel, which has left the system.

I have started an emoji poll in Discord to get a sense for whether we should deploy Callisto to the Pumpkin Patch. Be sure to vote!

Upcoming Activities

HSRC Deep Thought (DSSA #57) refueling beginning around July 12-14, depending on travel logistics
SRV Derby, planning underway, explosions expected

Squadron Membership

MOTD - July 17

We officially deployed to Phraa Blao HO-S c20-7, site of the Tri3 hotspot "Pumpkin Patch", on July 10th.

HSRC Deep Thought (DSSA #57) has arrived in system. Fueling is on hold until Fdev un-breaks the Tritium nerf it patched-in on Tuesday.

Things have quieted down, although exploration in the local area continues, so I thought I would use the pause to unveil the official medals of the Callisto's Respite Expedition, the link to which is pinned in our Discord channel.

I am excited that the medals are, well, visual medals rather than check boxes in a spreadsheet. They are designed by Alex Wimmer with programming courtesy of Pseudo6626. I hope you are as excited to view them as I am to share them with the expedition!

Since most of these medals are self-reported, please double check your own for accuracy and make any appropriate adjustments in the Logistics sheet.

There is a new medal I am releasing today, Meritorious Service, to acknowledge the efforts of several expedition members. These are CMDRs who have done a little extra, volunteered to help out, or contributed to the expedition in a way which is not quite captured by the other medals. Here are the recipients:
  • Alex Wimmer for design and illustration expertise ranging from the "Mama bear says…" poster that saved so many lives to the medals themselves. Beautiful work!
  • Pseudo6626 for masterful database sorcery, Google sheet handiness, JAUnT (Wow!) and the medals sheet itself.
  • Salmonllama author of the HotSpot Tracker Google form.
  • Tromador and PlataOPlomo for organizing and taping the flyby event.
  • KyleMcGriffin, Aiel Sorda, Sargonas, Pseudo6626 (again) and Salmonllama (again) for logistics, spreadsheet, and organizational assistance.
  • Alex Miner, Vincent Serra and Nathan Ex for testing and feedback on the original exploration grids.
  • Charlie the Wanderer for kindly mentioning the Callisto in a Polygon article, which impressed even my jaded teenage and twenty-something sons.
  • Crowlute for her relentless enthusiasm at finding one Tri2 site after another. I sometimes worry she won't leave any for me to discover.
  • Dragoon0123 and Ja-Sun for jaw-dropping amounts of mining, way beyond the 1k tons per op to qualify for a gold.
  • Nax Wren for putting the Callisto's Respite Expedition on the map with that first Tri3 site.
  • Adoranz for his shenanigans in just about every type of vehicle known in the game.
I hope I haven’t missed anyone. Please DM me, if I have.

And, lastly, thank you one and all for the most entertaining couple of months I have had in online gaming. Ever. Looking forward to our next misadventures together, wherever they may take us!

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I had a great time visiting you and exploring/mining around the Pumpkin Patch while I was there with the Nest. I remember seeing on your Discord some mention of a visitor's guide; is that a work in progress or is there a link you could put up here? Here's hoping for a Tritium fix soon.

We are after official deployment, but things are quite alive around Callisto's Respite!

[...] I remember seeing on your Discord some mention of a visitor's guide; is that a work in progress or is there a link you could put up here? [...]

First two Callisto's Respite tourist brochures are ready.

Part one contains nice selection of interesting objects, views and places in close vicinity of Callisto (to 500 ly). Second part contains also farther objects.
To get those brochures, as soon as you land on Callisto's Respite, you should go to our little tourist booth at the deck 11, right of the mess hall. Brochures are free and ecological - made of casings from expired limpets.

Our small tourist bureau are working on part 3!

CALLISTO TOURIST GUIDE 1.jpg
CALLISTO TOURIST GUIDE 2.jpg

crtg-commander.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom