Coaster Smoothness

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm leaving the forums so I will say this;

" We are looking into it and if and when there's something we can do or say about it, you will be the first to know!"

Really?!....... 2 years ago and we still haven't heard anything. I don't think this will ever be resolved. I think you may as well just close the thread and stop giving people false hope that the coasters will get better.

Fontier have responded to other requests skyride, mack launched so I get they listen. But the most requested thing, i have seen, has been for the coasters to have better smoothness and for multiple coaster stations.

At this point ive resigned my self to the fact it will never be sorted or fixed and that the forums are just pointless.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I'm leaving the forums so I will say this;

" We are looking into it and if and when there's something we can do or say about it, you will be the first to know!"

Really?!....... 2 years ago and we still haven't heard anything. I don't think this will ever be resolved. I think you may as well just close the thread and stop giving people false hope that the coasters will get better.

Fontier have responded to other requests skyride, mack launched so I get they listen. But the most requested thing, i have seen, has been for the coasters to have better smoothness and for multiple coaster stations.

At this point ive resigned my self to the fact it will never be sorted or fixed and that the forums are just pointless.

Frontier has recently added smoothing options. In total we have "Smooth All" "Smooth Banking" , "Smooth Turns" and "Smooth Height". That way all avenues are covered.

Frontier has recently added smoothing options. In total we have "Smooth All" "Smooth Banking" , "Smooth Turns" and "Smooth Height". That way all avenues are covered.

I don't think that actually does anything overal other than making the corners and hills a bit smoother but most smoothing issues for me are for inversions. They have to go straight into inversions everytime which kinda makes it impossible to have smooth coasters unless you have a really flat and boring track

As has been mentioned already in this thread, those options don't work and are useless because of the smoothing issues...

Adding more diverse functions to a system that's fundamentally broken, doesn't really fix the issue of continuous roll. It's like giftwrapping a turd in babushka levels of wrapping. Still a turd.

Also, i think i'm at the end of my rope as well. Which is sad. This game was a dream come true, and i wan't nothing less than complete success for it. Unfortunately it will be without me. My immersion is shattered every single time i try to build something i find as close to perfect as i can, due to this dumb issue.

AND it sucks, because this game is beautiful. So full of spirit. But when i play, i create, and i can't create something, from a flawed standpoint. I simply cannot invest a couple of months' on a project, i end up deleting because i can't reach a satisfactory level solely because of small, in theory insignificant jerks. But these jerks shouldn't be there.

I'll come back when the smoothing drops.

@ThatMrT,

flaws aside, in this game smoothness isn't the only thing you can translate into immersion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I-QlHEwtd0&index=3&list=PLaUMgkTM0iugbZgBC5kiukF3Qa9krXXOX

Beautiful scenery aside, this actually just enforces my views on the coaster creator.

This might be pretty, but the track completely kills it for me. Beautiful scenery! But that boinky, jerky experience made it mundane to me.

Edit: Wouldn't you say that this could have been even better if the track was actually smooth? (don't give me the NL2 crap, there's no comparison)

Edit: Wouldn't you say that this could have been even better if the track was actually smooth?

sure. but that's always the same vicious circle if you take the perspective of a perfectionist. you will find always a fault in something, no matter how good something already is.

don't get me wrong, i am still full in support to have better smoothing results than we have now, there is much to improve on this task. you have to invest lots of time to make a track kind of smooth but still it's impossible to get rid of these little interval shakes, which are indeed very disturbing to have even after using a smoothing tool. this is a downer. but being able to create a coaster exploring gorgeous scenery compensates a lot for a model maker.

I truly don't understand what you are having an issue with. That track looked perfectly smooth to me???? The only jerks I saw was when the PC couldn't keep up with the rendering. Sorry - I'm confused.

I truly don't understand what you are having an issue with. That track looked perfectly smooth to me???? The only jerks I saw was when the PC couldn't keep up with the rendering. Sorry - I'm confused.

Well, please just take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJw-85n7Ld4

A one man show, this is what I was waiting for all over the years. I didn't ask for NoLimits, but for a smooth coaste builder.
And I cannot understand why this can't be done. I just cannot.

If you are confused it means you have never seen an actual proper coaster before. Check some coaster PoVs on youtube to see how smooth actual coasters are compared to Planet Coaster.

I am pretty sure that you tell yourself you can't see it. Because that track is FAR from smooth. But here's the thing, some of us build for realism, and immersion (yes touchy subject). and for us, this simply ruins our experience. Because we can't create to the results we like, and that sucks, because everything else is so gorgeous in Planet Coaster. Call it perfectionism, i call it realistic design.

Now i think it's fine that you don't have an issue with smoothing, and you don't care because 'it's a game'. But for those of us that do care, this is a big issue, and as far as i can tell, most people here seem to agree that it is an issue, even many of the people that aren't being dragged away from the game because of it agree.

To stay completely on point, we need continuous roll, we need the transitions to not be delayed, causing jerks and bumps even after 8 hours of work, we need the camera to be more intuitive and soften the jerks. I know this is a big ask, but its a big outcry as well. This HAS to be solveable, even if it means you guys have to delay DLC intake for a bit. A lot of players will return, if this gets fixed. Myself included.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: hos
Let's be real. They're not going to give us what we've been requesting. This game is dying. If they were to spend the time, energy, and potentially money (assumption). It wouldn't be worth it. The people who are interested in realism that decided not to continue playing this game or even purchase it in the first place, because of the joke of a coaster builder, aren't going to come back. Frontier, I'm disappointed. I hope you made a hefty return on your investment...

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you all for sharing your concerns and feedback about coaster smoothness in Planet Coaster.

I'm going ahead and close this thread because it is very hard for some members to stay on-topic about this subject without attacking opinions of other forum members.

You are welcome to start a new thread about coaster smoothness if you can keep it on topic while being respectful to opinions of other forum members at all times.

Thanks!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom