Coaster Triggers Help

Hi folks. I'm making a coaster underground with a load of light triggers. I already have 40+ triggers in the loading area but need to add a tone more to various parts of the track.

Other than the rubbish click and drag, is there a way of clicking on the track and pressing a key bind or something so the trigger goes where I click? Otherwise I'm going to have to click and drag over 40 triggers over half way round my track which is just stupid.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Scott

That's the only way to do it currently.. However there is an alternative that uses a different strategy.

This strategy only uses one trigger. Place down the trigger when you want the FIRST light to turn on. Then, add all objects under THAT trigger and set time delays for the next 39 lights. If that is too much, feel free to use 2,3,4, or 5 triggers. This should help.

That's the only way to do it currently.. However there is an alternative that uses a different strategy.

This strategy only uses one trigger. Place down the trigger when you want the FIRST light to turn on. Then, add all objects under THAT trigger and set time delays for the next 39 lights. If that is too much, feel free to use 2,3,4, or 5 triggers. This should help.

Thanks for this. That's a good work around. Hi hank you.

Remember that you can only at 100 effects to 1 trigger point! So try to tag your trigger points with changes the names.
I have given every effect a colour to I can just name it: "Black [1]" or "Blue [5]".
At the moment I have 22 trigger points with 1387 effects and I'm still 50 seconds into the ride. [haha] The ride is 180 seconds long, so I'm 27,8% done. Plus it is timed with music and that makes it 100 times harder. [squeeeeee]

If you are planning on doing something similar: DON'T DO IT! It is fun for a day, but after that the fun is over. [yesnod]

Last edited:
Remember that you can only at 100 effects to 1 trigger point! So try to tag your trigger points with changes the names.
I have given every effect a colour to I can just name it: "Black [1]" or "Blue [5]".
At the moment I have 22 trigger points with 1387 effects and I'm still 50 seconds into the ride. [haha] The ride is 180 seconds long, so I'm 27,8% done. Plus it is timed with music and that makes it 100 times harder. [squeeeeee]

If you are planning on doing something similar: DON'T DO IT! It is fun for a day, but after that the fun is over. [yesnod]

Haha maybe not that complicated but I really wanted to make a show stopper. Test my ability and see how good a ride I can come up with. Good luck.

Top Bottom