Coasters Smoothness and Builder issues. Very Important!

Great game so far and i know you will take care of missing coasters and scenery. (Were still in alpha). but theres one thing that needs to change!
MAKE THE COASTERS SMOOTH! This is needed.
It seems like only the last part of the track section bends when i bend it and not the whole. This is horrible. The smooth tool inst the perfekt solution ,because if the track has selfmade inversions it just sometimes flip the track to something from aliens. Another point is that The ridercam suffers from that or from his garbage programming. ( 1 of the 2 has to be the reason) The rides dont look smooth at all from pov and the train seems to jump around when bendings in the track are happening. Also a improve in the coaster builder would be nice where selfmade inversions dont freak up the builder upside down and the smooth tool. The Zero G Roll in game atm is Garbage. I hope you know this. But still awesome game and this is the only thing i can complain about

Last edited:
it just sometimes flip the track to something from aliens. The ridercam suffers from that or from his garbage programming. The rides dont look smooth at all from pov and the train seems to jump around when bendings in the track are happening. Also a improve in the coaster builder would be nice where selfmade inversions dont freak up the builder upside down and the smooth tool. The Zero G Roll in game atm is Garbage.
lol Garbage programming? thats a little harsh dont you think? Sure things need tweaking but like you said, this is Alpha. Improvements are constantly being made with each new update to the Alpha and I'm sure next update (in a month or so) the coaster editor will be even better yet!

@ FetteEcke I don't know how many games you have participated in when they were in development, but to say something is garbage is totally uncalled for. Frontier is very passionate about the game and is constantly making improvements. At this stage of development PC is far better than another *cough* game that is not half as good.

he may have mistaken his words, maybe its not his first language [tongue]

off-topic: i wonder why my signature seems broken

Last edited:
I know I'm sure I can fix it just lazy [tongue] and it wasnt like that last night [weird]

where should i post, in the How do i section?

Last edited:
I know I'm sure I can fix it just lazy [tongue] and it wasnt like that last night [weird]

where should i post, in the How do i section?

The offtopic section has a thread regarding forum related issues. You could try there

Youre right. Im trying to be harsh because i want the game to be awesome. i know its still alpha but if you dont clearly say what you want. They maybe wont notice your suggestion.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I know frontier knowd what there are doing but look at a pov going throgh a corkscrew in rvt 3 and planet coaster. It kimda looks the same. NL2 is way smoother

Last edited:
So harsh is the new polite suggestion? Okkkkay.

No Limit is a nice programme for enthusiastic coaster builder, but way to hard for the average themepark builder.
We will see what Frontier is making of it. In parkitect the pre-build parts are more acting like normal parts.

Last edited:
I'm all for supporting each and every thread that calls for improvements to the coaster editor! And whilst 'garbage' is indeed quite strong, the bottom line is that quite a few people aren't happy with it at present, and the fact that some people get a little OTT doesn't change the fact they're basically not happy. And I'm sure Frontier have the IQ required to simply filter out cruel words like 'garbage', and are actually more interested in people's overall reaction, regardless of how ineloquently some criticisms are voiced!

But also I wanted to pick up specifically on the offset banking 'heartlining' tool. I have noticed that at present the addition of this tool has highlighted a couple of things:

1) The tool in itself is pretty useless as the track sections twist mostly in the centre of each section, and less at the ends. So if you place 4 heart lined twists in a row to creat a 360 roll, you actually end up with 4 abrupt twists with 3 flat spots in the mix.

2) The smoothing tool can get rid of those flat spots!! Yes, but it also smooths out the heart lining.

My conclusion is that by adding the offset banking tool they have shown they want to make the coasters much more realistic and tunable than they are right now, and also by adding it, they have surely highlighted to themselves the shortcomings in the smooth tool and the way the tracks twist geometry isn't quite right. So essentially they won't be able to get their intended offset pivot feature to work without fixing the other problems. For this reason alone, I'm very confident they will make the required improvements. I could be wrong, but it would be out of character for Frontier to leave something useless and broken in this game for long.

Top Bottom