Ships Cobra Mk III Owner's Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
I don't fly the MK III much anymore but when I do I fly this

cPJVXGR.jpg

Deleted member 110222

D
I think one of the reasons I love the Cobra is because it's a big ship*.

*Big for a small pad vessel. The thing almost fills the entire dock.

I always end up either making it look like a total junker of a ship with the raider kits or make it look like a cobra IV and pretend I've stripped down mine for speed :)

Owing to a few cashflow issues, I have parked my T10, wanted a cheap (to buy) mission runner to replace my Keelback. Went for a Cobra MkIII earlier this week, as I sort of raced past it when I first played the game and straight into the T6, then had my head turned by the Imperial ships and then more recently the T10. So I bought a Cobra, swapped over the modules from my Keelback, so it is A rated throughout with efficient beams, engineered (for range) FSD, engineered power plant and distributor. Can't believe I missed how much fun this ship is when I first picked up the game. Have an SRV (for mining mats), 32T cargo for missions, it handles like a go kart and boosts to over 500 or something, which coming from a T10 feels like double that. Anyway, as a gamer who played the original 1984 game it is lovely to get in a Cobra and realise how great it is. So I'm a new and happy member of the owners' club.

Can't get my head around getting pic off the Xbox (can't do Elite on the PC or I'd be gaming rather than working, I work from home), but it's the serpent red paint job and named 'Crawling Kingsnake'. I suddenly love Cobras. Challenging my T series affection.

o7

Can't get my head around getting pic off the Xbox (can't do Elite on the PC or I'd be gaming rather than working, I work from home), but it's the serpent red paint job and named 'Crawling Kingsnake'. I suddenly love Cobras. Challenging my T series affection.

So it looks like this then?

414053359.jpg

I like the red serpent paint job as well. This is MSS Fang. I use her to deliver ice cream around the neighborhood.

I agree, the Cobra looks very good in the red serpent paint. That’s the paint I picked when I got mine last year.

Cobra Mk.III ALACRITOUS LA-15C
PaQxhEY.jpg

I almost picked the yellow serpent color but combinations of red and black and complimentary colors are my color scheme. The serpent pattern is very nice.

Yes exactly, those are sporting the same paint job as mine.

What sort of jump range are people getting? I'm not quite done engineering, but am just over 30ly, dropping to under 30 when fully laden, with SRV hangar, 32T cargo, and efficient beams on all four hardpoints. Like to know how far people have stretched it! Coming from the T10 (barely 20ly when empty..!) 30ish feels massive anyway.

o7

Haven't started engineering mine yet so just what is readily available at my home system. I have passenger cabins in it right now doing rich passenger transportation.

Deleted member 110222

D
I'm bringing this thread back.

How is everyone faring in the mining game with their Mk III?

What sort of jump range are people getting?

46Ly with A rating, 2x beams, 2x pulse, shields boosters, SRV, Fuel Rat equipment, etc.

Speed has taken a dip from previous build down to 437 m/s, boost 624 m/s :(

j9FEkgg.jpg

New lighting!

piNYgwb.jpg

EDIT: still such a great ship, and brings a smile to my face like so many others don't. eg: Clipper, Python or all the big ships. I need to try the Krait Phantom, as it looks like a medium-sized Cobra and I like the Krait MK2 as a half-way Cobra MK3/Python.

Last edited:
I'm bringing this thread back.

How is everyone faring in the mining game with their Mk III?

Very interested in this as well. Unfortunately I have no access to the IV, and I'm looking for a small ship mining platform. I'd love to try the MK III but it seems a bit tight with the internals to make it worthwhile.

Deleted member 110222

D
Very interested in this as well. Unfortunately I have no access to the IV, and I'm looking for a small ship mining platform. I'd love to try the MK III but it seems a bit tight with the internals to make it worthwhile.

Cobra Mk III is great. Don't bother with collectors. She's agile enough to scoop manually.

Top Bottom