Ships Cobra Mk IV Owners Club

I have absolutely no idea what either of you just said, but it sounds really clever.

Does my bum look big in this MKIV?

Hard to tell from 20 LY TBH ;)

When you prospect a roid the bottom left panel displays the ores it contains, the mat content (low, medium or high) and the core type, currently AFAIK mats are only released by conventional mining (laser) and would be collected by limpets.

Great suggestion from Ozram!, essentially use the sub-surface displacement missile to release large quantities of mats instead of ores as currently it's a waste of a hard point (although it's fun to use) compared to massive profits with DC mining.

Last edited:
Anyone else spotted that the chair instrumentation in the IV got the common orange/blue colouration now, instead of the greyish-white? When and why did they do that?

Not going to happened until more commanders fly the Cobra MkIV.
...If only Frontier were to release the ship to be bought by any commander who joined the Elite community in the last three years...

True, as the older players drop numbers due to attrition the less the mkiv will be available. I think they will have to release it to the general player base or risk it completely disappearing outside of NPC us usage.

According to EDSM, 0.6% of players on EDSM own a Cobra 4... :)

Not surprising.
EDSM has only been tracking shipyard since the start of the year.
It would need to pick up a PC or Xbox commander who still has a Cobra MkIV in their shipyard.
It would also only pick up commanders who per-ordered Horizons
  • PC Dec 2015
  • Xbox Jun 2016
  • PS4 - never eligible (See here)
I suspect that those commanders still flying with a Cobra MkIV still in their shipyard will be a very low number.

The standard paint scheme is good for Rescue work ;)

Not surprising.
EDSM has only been tracking shipyard since the start of the year.
It would need to pick up a PC or Xbox commander who still has a Cobra MkIV in their shipyard.
It would also only pick up commanders who per-ordered Horizons
  • PC Dec 2015
  • Xbox Jun 2016
  • PS4 - never eligible (See here)
I suspect that those commanders still flying with a Cobra MkIV still in their shipyard will be a very low number.

Install has been tracking for longer than that.

I think the CMkIV has more owners than the Asp scout.

Top Bottom