Ships Cobra Mk IV Owners Club

Congratulations. It's well suited to mining.

You will likely only need to engineer FSD, power plant, distributor, shields and (maybe) thrusters. The rest can be standard.

You are probably right, but I have excess of engineering materials and no other ship to engineer-up (all others are already G5) so why not to engineer everything ? :)

Install has been tracking for longer than that.

I think the CMkIV has more owners than the Asp scout.
It does. These are the statistics on Inara:
Cobra Mk IV [Ships set as main: 201] [Ships total: 5193] 0.67 %
Alliance Crusader [Ships set as main: 51] [Ships total: 3536] 0.45 %
Asp Scout [Ships set as main: 86] [Ships total: 3238] 0.42 %

Yes, I tested her yesterday even without engineering (I needed to switch off some modules) and she is nice. And finally, I have a ship named "Gay Deceiver" which I alway wanted to have :)

Been a while since I flew my MK IV. Might have to get back into it again, I flew it around my local area last night fitted for combat and never got close to dieing in it...

I just bought one before I went to Alec Turner's Great Planetary Expedition, just for fun. Black also. When I finally managed to get her back to Jameson, I removed the 6 SRVs and let it collect dust.

I am impressed by the sheer number of optional internals (10), especially after the patch that added 2 x 1 for small ships. I think it's number one in this department for all small ships. Now that I have it and it's engineered, I may use it from time to time. Probably in the bubble only, since it doesn't have more than 35ly jump in the current heavy, "combat ready" incarnation.

I just bought one before I went to Alec Turner's Great Planetary Expedition, just for fun. Black also. When I finally managed to get her back to Jameson, I removed the 6 SRVs and let it collect dust.

I am impressed by the sheer number of optional internals (10), especially after the patch that added 2 x 1 for small ships. I think it's number one in this department for all small ships. Now that I have it and it's engineered, I may use it from time to time. Probably in the bubble only, since it doesn't have more than 35ly jump in the current heavy, "combat ready" incarnation.
It's internals make the ship.

Can anyone suggest a solid combat build for someone with zero engineers unlocked?

Main goal is to do hazres, respectively bounty hunting.

Can anyone suggest a solid combat build for someone with zero engineers unlocked?

Main goal is to do hazres, respectively bounty hunting.

No engineers, cobra mk4, haz res.

That's not exactly a winning combination.

A cobra mk3 would be more viable.

If you had engineers, i'd recommend by tank build, B rate everything, engineer everything for integrity, slap sturdy MC or cannon turrets on all hardpoints. Between insanely high integrity and resistances, you can laugh at enemies even when your shields drop.

I've just flown mine as a materials gatherer.
Notwithstanding the fact I forgot the limpets (stupid me!) I've taken out a pirate asp with less than optimum weapons.
Its been its been pretty good at landing on relativity tight sites (in canyons etc) that my python struggled with so I'm going to give it a good go and see what happens.

I wonder if someone opened a support ticket and told Frontier, "I really like Old Duck and I'd like to gift him my unused Cobra Mk IV", would they do it? We should try as an experiment! ;)

You’ll probably just get back the generic ‘...we have nothing to announce at this time...’

I should get a CMIV for all the emotional suffering I endured over the years with that terrible Elephant Butt Leather.

Wonder if they will revive the MkIV for ED2 (should it ever come). Personally I hope they come up with another ship similar (
Python Mk2?) as I like the idea that those with faith in FD and who put their money where their mouth is get rewarded.

Top Bottom