Cobra MK4 now available on PS4?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just need OP to keep us posted.
No word yet, but it is a Sunday.

The thing is that now frontier have mistakenly sold a product for a ship people cannot own.
Surely it can't be a mistake, and I hope it's not malicious false advertising, as that's against the law:
"you cannot mislead or harass consumers by, for example:
  • including false or deceptive messages
If you break the regulations, you could be reported to a local Trading Standards office. You could be fined, prosecuted or imprisoned.".

I just want to fly my mini-Python :love:

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
No word yet, but it is a Sunday.

I just want to fly my mini-Python :love:
Oh yeah I'm not expecting answers for a few days at the least. I'm well aware of how FD support works.

All I am asking is that you provide an update once you do get a response, whenever that may be.

You may have inadvertently got the community in the power seat to demand answers.

And that's really all we want. Answers. I'm aware the answer may not be what we want to hear but that's still better than being blatantly ignored for years.

Ask for a refund OP. FD made the mistake of checking whether you were elligible for paint jobs for a ship you can't own. :)

Deleted member 110222

D
They've got 100 developers testing everything, it can't be a mistake.

Still waiting for a Cobra MK4 owner to definitely state where one is available please? Anyone?
If you can't find it at Jameson you won't find it anywhere.

Deleted member 110222

D
Oh, thread moved to the PS4 forum 😕 Is this not relevant to all players?
Seems like Frontier trying to brush the issue under the carpet if you want my opinion.

No matter. You have consumer rights on your side.

I suppose the equivalent would be if PS4 players buy the next 2020 season/expansion while already owning Horizons before then. Seems like a far opportunity without breaking the exclusivity arrangement they made with other players previously.

Deleted member 110222

D
I suppose the equivalent would be if PS4 players buy the next 2020 season/expansion while already owning Horizons before then. Seems like a far opportunity without breaking the exclusivity arrangement they made with other players previously.
Serious question based on hypothetical situation.

What would you do if the Mk IV was made available to all?

I'm genuinely curious. Quit? Boycott the store? Legal action?

I sense a troll. Player purchases paint job for ship to which he is not entitled (admittedly that should be gated at the shop) :rolleyes: OP, did you honestly think if you bought the paint you would get the ship?

Store issues, and/or Cobra MK4 availability could be relevant to all platforms.

OP, did you honestly think if you bought the paint you would get the ship?
No. I expected to buy a paint job for a ship I can potentially earn in-game.
Much like say buying a paint job for a Gunship, but not having the rank. You then earn the rank, then the credits, then buying the ship and apply the paint job.

I don't think it's unreasonable to buy paint jobs for ships you don't own, as the paint job could be limited edition / limited time availability, so you grab the paint job while you can.

admittedly that should be gated at the shop
Which is the main point. I shouldn't be allowed to buy a paint job there is no possibility to fly.

Ergo, the ship should be available somehow/where, for me to apply my new paint job too :D

Deleted member 110222

D
I sense a troll. Player purchases paint job for ship to which he is not entitled (admittedly that should be gated at the shop) :rolleyes: OP, did you honestly think if you bought the paint you would get the ship?
Wondered when this accusation would crop up.

In any case... OP has legitimately purchased a product. What? Do you think there's a law saying that he'll be sent to prison for buying a skin for a ship in a video game he doesn't have access to?

Fact is mate, real money is involved now. This isn't just an "but I want it" thread. OP has purchased a product FD made available to him.

Now, yes. He'll probably just get told it was a mistake and be granted a full refund. This is not a problem.

The truly interesting thing about this development is that Frontier now basically has no choice but to deal with OP's case. Ignoring it could, possibly, have some interesting legal ramifications.

And in the extremely likely event that FD makes the wise decision to deal with OP's situation either through refund or some other deal... Whatever they choose, it will tell a lot to the community as a whole.

As I said earlier. Jig is up. No more burying their heads. Frontier is now basically going to be required, perhaps legally, to explain their stance on the ship.

I'm aware it probably won't mean everyone gets the ship. What I'm looking forward to is the information gleaned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom