Cobra MK4 now available on PS4?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Now you just have to wait for a refund.
Daft. That's a pretty good word.
Why would they even bother gating it? One person might own a C IV on one account and not another.
Another troll trying to stir the pot again?

Last edited:
Serious question based on hypothetical situation.

What would you do if the Mk IV was made available to all?

I'm genuinely curious. Quit? Boycott the store? Legal action?
I was suggesting a way that it might be made available for PS4 players without Frontier breaking their terms of sale. That you seem to imply that you want them to break their terms of sale is, I imagine, largely irrelevant.

Deleted member 110222

D
I was suggesting a way that it might be made available for PS4 players without Frontier breaking their terms of sale. That you seem to imply that you want them to break their terms of sale is, I imagine, largely irrelevant.
Dude, you realise loads of game developers break these kind of promises all the time? Good example was the Panzer V/IV on WoT console edition... Oh man the fallout from that... But people kept playing. And unlike the Cobra... That bloody tank really was OP with twice the HP of same tier tanks, as well as twice the armour and weight.

The amount of games I play where something is sold "Once only and never again"... Only to be sold again a few months later... Hell ESO just did it a month or so ago with a skin.

I keep telling people this. FD is not special. If you think you own the exclusive rights to use the ship and FD can't retract this... Mate. You need to play a lot more games. I can tell you right now that there is definitely no legal barrier to it becoming available. It's all faith.

Deleted member 110222

D
So then FD isn't even obligated to give you a refund then. You purchased it knowing you didn't have and couldn't get the ship.
Where is the law saying I can't buy something even if the developer has made it openly available? FD sold a product and people purchased it but can't use it.

Keep trying.

It's funny as this may even be the thing that cements your precious exclusive claim to the ship, believe it or not. In fact I suspect that is the most likely outcome.

As I keep saying. I'm well aware this will almost certainly not amount to everyone getting the ship. But it will provide information.

I haven't played ED for a few weeks and I probably won't much until the 2020 update and when I do play I never fly the CIV.
However, I will be outraged if all the commoners are ever allowed to fly that ship

FDev could I believe correct the problem if they wish, those that argue that FDev would be reneging on a statement are quite right... but, they could remove the Cobra MK IV from the game altogether and then everyone could have access to all ships as advertised, I don't remember the statement included in that unique offer that the ship would be in the game forever, things change, I had one, I don't now, I wouldn't miss it were it to be removed for legal purposes.

Deleted member 110222

D
FDev could I believe correct the problem if they wish, those that argue that FDev would be reneging on a statement are quite right... but, they could remove the Cobra MK IV from the game altogether and then everyone could have access to all ships as advertised, I don't remember the statement included in that unique offer that the ship would be in the game forever, things change, I had one, I don't now, I wouldn't miss it were it to be removed for legal purposes.
My goodness... There's no legal issue.

Almost every game I've played that had "exclusive" launch content "never to be sold again" by the words of the respective devs... Yeah that didn't stop the content being made available like a year later anyway.

You guys are lucky. Frontier are sticking to their promise out of pure good faith. But don't think for a moment that the law is protecting "your" ship. It's not.

My goodness... There's no legal issue.....

You guys are lucky. Frontier are sticking to their promise out of pure good faith. But don't think for a moment that the law is protecting "your" ship. It's not.

There may or may not be, many threads on the access to the Cobra MK IV have posts believing there is a legal issue, I simply proposed that the removal of a ship that causes more 'envy/jealousy' issues than enjoyment might be a better solution to the problem than the so often proposed "give to us" versus do nothing.

As for it being 'My' ship!, Nope, not my ship, I (the last 3 years of play) only use the Clipper, wouldn't be seen dead in anything other... unless FDev remove the Clipper, then if I wanted to play I'd have to get used to something else.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm running to my bunker before this thread goes critical....

giphy.gif

Just bought mine too! As a PS4 pre-orderer I like to think that at some point I will be able to use my shiny new Cobra Mk IV paint job on a Cobra Mk IV.

Maybe I should pop over to Jameson Memorial and see? Wishful thinking?

I have bought it as well.
I was a ps4 pre-order as well. i.e. I bought Horizons at the earliest opportunity that I could on the PS4 platform. A similar activity rewarded the commanders on PC and Xbox with a Cobra MkIV.

Reasoning for buying: the Black Friday paint jobs are time exclusive, so if Frontier do provide for sale at some point, I wont be able to apply the black friday paint job at that time because it will no longer be on sale.

Perhaps this is the toe in the water from Frontier to test the demand for unlocking the ship. If that is the case, then I want to demonstrate demand.
If it is a mistake from Frontier, shame, and I expect a refund.

#IAmSparticus
#IboughtCobraMkIVskin

"Frontier have said they're looking into making available" the Cobra Mk. IV??? Show us the evidence of this claim or it didn't happen. o7

... I have no issue what so ever with it being offered to PS4 Cmdrs, as long as it available to obtain for a limited time only.
It would be a great "May the 4th" (be with you) one-day only sale but it would have to be available to ALL players on ALL platforms. FDev would rake in more than a few bucks. o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom