Cobra MK4 now available on PS4?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
"Frontier have said they're looking into making available" the Cobra Mk. IV??? Show us the evidence of this claim or it didn't happen. o7

I don't think they ever said that, what they did say is quoted in the OLD, OLD FAQ.

Dude, you realise loads of game developers break these kind of promises all the time? Good example was the Panzer V/IV on WoT console edition... Oh man the fallout from that... But people kept playing. And unlike the Cobra... That bloody tank really was OP with twice the HP of same tier tanks, as well as twice the armour and weight.

The amount of games I play where something is sold "Once only and never again"... Only to be sold again a few months later... Hell ESO just did it a month or so ago with a skin.

I keep telling people this. FD is not special. If you think you own the exclusive rights to use the ship and FD can't retract this... Mate. You need to play a lot more games. I can tell you right now that there is definitely no legal barrier to it becoming available. It's all faith.
I didn't make the the terms of sale and I don't use the ship, even though I do have access to it. You might think of it as a good small ship, but I think of it as a crap medium ship in all but name. Maybe if there is ever a place only small ships can land implemented it might actually be useful beyond novelty and personal preference. I like to use small ships for their actual advantages, not as a poor man's Python or whatever.

I don't know about you, but where I come from asking or expecting someone to break their word or promise, that they specifically set the terms of in the first place while not under some kind of duress or something, is rather disrespectful.

To be clear, I don't like exclusives in video games, and I'd prefer if everyone had access to the Cobra Mk IV, but I respect Frontier's right to offer and maintain exclusive content and respect the rights of people who bought exclusive content.

You might as well have asked me what I would do if Frontier sells more exclusive content for all it matters.

For me it's somewhat of a negative that Frontier made exclusive content in the first place, but breaking the specific terms of sale of that exclusive content that are done deals now would be doubly negative regarding my confidence in Frontier's ability to run an honest, competent business, casting a shadow of doubt on future purchases I might or might not make with them. That's all; I've already bought into the game.

That being said, I do think people who pre-ordered Horizons and owned the base game would technically be entitled to compensation if Frontier broke their terms of sale – the legality of it though is probably somewhat more of a grey area, since I think Frontier termed it as being a gift of sorts, even though it was specifically highlighted, listed, and further clarified as an exclusive "forever" item being sold that players had to buy within a certain time-frame. A gift you have to buy something to get is not really gift in my opinion. I'm not a lawyer though and related laws and precedents for these sort of things vary somewhat between countries.

Last edited:
So then FD isn't even obligated to give you a refund then. You purchased it knowing you didn't have and couldn't get the ship.

even if he bought it just for the trolls, they can't judge intention. it is still a faulty product. that it is even available is bad enough. i'm pretty sure frontier will refund this (in arx) if there is no c4 offer at some point (and pretty soon).

"Frontier have said they're looking into making available" the Cobra Mk. IV??? Show us the evidence of this claim or it didn't happen.
Here you go o7

12/12/2016, 8:48 AM:
We are still working out the finer details of the PS4 Release and there'll be further announcements closer to the time.

24/11/2017, 3:23 PM:
Unfortunately I don't have any news to give you on this at the minute, but we haven't forgotten about the Mk IV for PS4 players!

27/06/2018, 8:42 AM:
I'm going to be chasing this up today, I'm aware how eager everyone is to get into the seat of the Mk IV [yesnod]

29/09/2018
We recommend PS4 users keep an eye on our social media channels for updates regarding the Cobra Mk IV

Here you go o7

12/12/2016, 8:48 AM:

24/11/2017, 3:23 PM:

27/06/2018, 8:42 AM:

29/09/2018

Yeah, I don't even have a PS4 and I'm aware of this stuff – one of the reasons I suggested it might release as a PS4 exclusive pre-order offer for the next expansion. Seems the most apt way of offering it to those players.

Yeah, I don't even have a PS4 and I'm aware of this stuff – one of the reasons I suggested it might release as a PS4 exclusive pre-order offer for the next expansion. Seems the most apt way of offering it to those players.

FD will be digging a deeper hole. I see future threads of "where's my Cobra IV?" and "why only PS4 players get an exclusive?" But, it keeps the forum going 🤷‍♂️

Something's definitely up with the Cobra IV .... it's been getting a lot of love with paint jobs recently.

FD will be digging a deeper hole. I see future threads of "where's my Cobra IV?" and "why only PS4 players get an exclusive?" But, it keeps the forum going 🤷‍♂️

Something's definitely up with the Cobra IV .... it's been getting a lot of love with paint jobs recently.
I think since the PS4 is a different platform and game where players can't interact with PC and XBox players, it doesn't break the exclusivity of the Cobra Mk IV on those other platforms. Basically, it's a different version of the game (even though it has a shared BGS) and therefore it'd be a different version of the Cobra Mk IV, so subject to different terms of sale.

You might be right though that offering it as an exclusive to PS4 players at this later date might cause too much confusion and disappointment for some players on PC and XBox to the point where it might not be in Frontier's best interests. Tough to say.

Having newer paint jobs on offer might just be related to Frontier overhauling their cosmetics store. Offering Cobra Mk IV paint jobs for sale on the PS4 for the time being at least is very likely just an unfortunate oversight on Frontier's part.

Last edited:
More importantly, to buy one for a ship that only exists on PC? And even there, not everyone has it or wants it either
I assume you are late to this argument.
It is available to players on PC and Xbox - not PS4.

The PS4 community has been campaigning for equivalence of release since December 2016. Before the release of Elite on the PS4.

Until this weekend, there wasn’t any in-game sign of the Cobra MkIV, now (three years after our campaign started), the first signs appeared.

😔

Frontier have moved very quickly when they need to.
Cobra MkIV paint job taken down from the store on the PS4. (Can’t speak about other platforms)

I'm on PS and i couldn't give a Jonathon Ross🤷‍♂️
I get some people feel different, but really, it is hardly top of the pile ship wise.

Or is it? Are you master racers just hiding its awsomeness from us plebians 👀

o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom