Cobra MK4 now available on PS4?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You are really referring to a THREE YEAR OLD article?

Clue: If it hasn't happened after THREE YEARS, it ain't gonna happen. Like the Panther Clipper. o7
Bearing in mind that Frontier hasn't released any premium expansions for the game since Horizons, I think it's as relevant as anything else they've said.

But yeah, we'll see...

😔

Frontier have moved very quickly when they need to.
Cobra MkIV paint job taken down from the store on the PS4. (Can’t speak about other platforms)

I bought mine on the online store – logged in with my PS4 account and it still shows up, so technically PS4 owners can still buy it. Perhaps they can't differentiate on the online store between platforms.

You just can't select a ‘Cobra MkIV’ in the ship selection dropdown. You have to select > style > ‘Midnight Black’.

Why did someone buy a paint job for a ship the do not and from what we are aware of cannot own?
Because, as has been said before - the black Friday paint jobs are timed exclusive and if the Cobra MkIV is released as part of the January patch, then I would like to have it's paint job match all of the other ships in my fleet.

I have 37 ships with a Black Friday paint job (including the infamous Dolphin Black Friday missing paint job) and would like to complete the set.

As you can now buy paint jobs for ships you don't have in inventory, maybe the game just can't distinguish if you're allowed to buy a Mk IV or not?

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders,

The Cobra MK IV Midnight Black Paint Job was erroneously shown in-game on PlayStation 4. We have since removed it and apologise for any confusion this may have caused.

We have nothing to announce regarding the Cobra MK IV’s availability on PlayStation 4 at the current time. If you have purchased the Paint Job on PlayStation 4, please get in touch with our Customer Support team.

Hello Commanders,

The Cobra MK IV Midnight Black Paint Job was erroneously shown in-game on PlayStation 4. We have since removed it and apologise for any confusion this may have caused.

We have nothing to announce regarding the Cobra MK IV’s availability on PlayStation 4 at the current time. If you have purchased the Paint Job on PlayStation 4, please get in touch with our Customer Support team.
Thanks for the clarification, Paige. I suspected as much.

Cheers.

Is it being looked into at all? (re: previous statements from @Gary Richards and @Lloyd Morgan-Moore)
As if it's never coming it may just be better to state explicitly.

This is obviously disappointing to a number of PS4 CMDRs though, as we were hoping for parity with PC and Xbox platforms :cry:

I reckon they’re planning to offer it as a PS4 pre-order bonus when the paid 2020 dlc drops.

Could be totally wrong and we may never see it, guess I’m just being hopeful.....

I reckon they’re planning to offer it as a PS4 pre-order bonus when the paid 2020 dlc drops.

Could be totally wrong and we may never see it, guess I’m just being hopeful.....
To avoid an outcry, they might just offer it as a pre-order bonus to everybody across all platforms. Then those complaining they didn't have a chance, get the chance.

And with new players attracted to the game on its release, a whole new generation of "I bought too late for the Cobra IV" woes begin ! :D

Deleted member 110222

D
Hello Commanders,

And that's really all we could ask for.

To avoid an outcry, they might just offer it as a pre-order bonus to everybody across all platforms. Then those complaining they didn't have a chance, get the chance.

And with new players attracted to the game on its release, a whole new generation of "I bought too late for the Cobra IV" woes begin ! :D
And break the exclusivity of the ship for those who already bought it on those platforms? I seriously doubt it. Not meaning to stir things up one way or the other. Just my take on it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom