Codex : Just how OCD do you have to be ?

@Avaruus - Fair enough. You obviously know ED, and RP in general, very well - certainly better than I do. I have put in thousands of hours into ED and still constantly find new stuff to see and do. I definitely feel the wonder of exploration and discovery you described in your earlier replies. The detail that exists in this galaxy that FDev have put together, is astonishing - and is the reason I keep coming back.
I guess if you want more than that - or something other than what ED offers - then I guess there are other places to find it. Cheers! 😃

@Martus
Well, if you have played thousands of hours, I cannot know the game better than you do. :) I'm only at 650+ hours. Such a newbie!

Anyway, if you still discover things, I'm interested to know what you do. Could you maybe explain some activities you do through your gaming sessions?

I must add something: I still don't get bored when I play ED. This is the reason why I also keep coming back. But I do understand some critics about the game and I agree with some of them. It can be hard to find a new interesting goal to reach when the ordinary activities you usually do in these kind of games are done. However, in the end, every game turns out to be repetitive. I loved Freelancer, I liked Starpoint Geminie 2, but I got bored in the long term and I certainly never played more than 150h to each of these games.

@Avaruus
Hah - although Steam has my hour count up at 2186 hours that in no way implies I know more about the game. I still regularly feel like a total new kid when listening/reading others.
In my personal situation, the few hours a week I get to dive in I am usually quite happy to jump randomly from system to system, scan what's there and take a closer look if something interesting pops up. I generally like to play on my own (not necessarily in Solo mode) and just taking in the scenery in a relatively stress free environment is my escape.
However, at times I do yearn for something more and need to set some goals (at the moment I am trying to crack my first billion credits). So I have started to read up a bit more on what there is out there - looking at the Codex, EDDiscovery, Cannon, even joining Forums like this one (! - at which I am brand new!) to glean actual POIs or something else to set as the next goal. Then I work out the longest possible route and see what I find on the way.
My hours are scarily high - but I play very little else. I know there is so much in ED that I have never even scratched the surface of that there is still plenty here to keep me happy. I know its not the same for everyone.
Stay Happy

Ha! The billion credits. I'm on a long trip right now, and my goal, in addition to discover many unscanned systems quite far from the Bubble- is to reach at least half this amount. But I must admit that I dream of coming back and realize that I scanned so much things that I earned -or even exceeded- 1B Credits.^^

After this exploration trip, I think I'll try to be a smuggler, so I'll learn something new -like new ways to fly a ship so I can remain undetected.

Thanks for the Cannon reference, I didn't know this community, I like the idea.

Top Bottom