Collaboration with Accredited Zoos for new DLC Packs

This is just something I thought would be a fun way to spice discussion up from the usual talks of biomes, aviaries, and conservation status. I think this theming for DLC would be a great way to introduce staple zoo animals into the game, as the selections would be directly based on what's held at the zoo of interest. Perhaps as a player incentive, proceeds for these packs would partially go to supporting those zoos. Here's 3 packs I've come up with to get discussion rolling. I kept the criteria to strictly accredited zoos as those are the ones most trusted to give their animals the best welfare possible.

Toronto Zoo Animal Pack:
  • Red River Hog
  • White-faced Saki
  • Trumpeter Swan
  • Himalayan Tahr
  • Abyssinian Ground Hornbill
  • Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat
  • Bennett's Wallaby
  • Emerald Tree Boa (Exhibit)
San Diego Zoo Animal Pack:
  • Spectacled Bear
  • Bontebok
  • Caracal
  • Emu
  • Fossa
  • Silvered Leaf Langur
  • Northern Shoveler
  • Indian Cobra (Exhibit)
Temaikèn Animal Pack:
  • Black Howler
  • Swamp Deer
  • Capybara
  • Common Eland
  • Maned Wolf
  • Great White Pelican
  • Sacred Ibis
  • Chaco Tortoise (Exhibit)
What packs would you like to see given this subject area?

Singapore zoo and night safari
Maned wolf
Red River hog
Stripped hyena
Coati
Lion tailed macaque
Colobus monkey
Scimitar oryx

San Diego zoo and safari
Amur leopard
Addax
Shoebill
Serval
Bontebok or Fossa
Somali wild ass
Pere David’s deer

Last edited:
Parco Natura Viva pack 🇮🇹
Andean Bear
Przewalski Wild Horse
Maned Wolf
Fossa
Sarus Crane
Ocelot
White Faced Saki
Frill Necked Lizard (E)

Szeged Zoo pack 🇭🇺
Amur Leopard
De Brazza Guenon
Red River Hog
Wolverine
Bennet's Wallaby
Dalmatian Pelican
Reeves Muntjac
Madagascar Hissing Cockroach (E)

Zagreb Zoo pack 🇭🇷
Black Howler
ASC Otter
White Handed Gibbon
Scimitar Horned Oryx
Capybara
Collared Peccary
Emu
Chinese Crocodile Lizard (E)

Fun idea(y)

Loro Parque Pack

• Orca
  • Loggerhead sea turtle
  • Lear’s Macaw
  • Red-tailed Cockatoo
  • Kea
  • Glossy black cockatoo
  • Atlantic puffin
  • Demoiselle crane
Because I am biased to get orcas, I just had to choose Loro Parque:) And it would be weird to not include parrots/flying birds in a Loro Parque pack, it mostly became an aviary pack aswell:LOL: But since there was no rule against that, I think it should be okay^^ Though if such a collobration was real, they could even split it in two parts, one for (fully) aquatic and the other for aviary animals. Loro Parque has enough to offer for both.

Zoo Duisburg Pack

• Bottlenose Dolphin
  • Amazon River Dolphin
  • West Indian manatee
  • Tasmanian Devil
  • Fossa
  • Blue duiker
  • White Stork
  • Corn snake (Exhibit)
At first I wanted to include the Bottlenose dolphin in the Loro Parque pack, but then I got the idea to make one for Duisburg aswell - it would be like a crime to not include dolphins in the Duisburg pack🤣
While their last River dolphin died a year ago, I still wanted to include it. They had them for almost 50 years, after all. Also my thinking is, if those collaboration was real, it would make more sense to include an animal that was almost unique to this zoo. To my knowledge Duisburg has cared for them the longest and has more experience with them than any other zoo/facility who had them in the past. They could teach Frontier alot about how to include them in PZ. Maybe they also have vocalisations recorded, which they could give Frontier to work with.
For the Manatee, they dont have them currently, but they had them in the past and they are going to get them again next year. I think it would be a good addition.

Kölner Zoo Pack (Cologne Zoological Garden)

• Przewalski's horse
  • Golden lion tamarin
  • Hamadryas baboon
  • Matschie's tree-kangaroo
  • Persian Onager
  • Eurasian otter
  • Racoon
  • Veiled chameleon (Exhibit)
If there were more spots, I also would like to add the Saiga to such a pack. While Cologne dosent have them anymore, they were kinda succesful in breeding them for many yearsand if it wasnt for the terrible fox incident, they might still have them today.

Zoo Duisburg Pack

• Bottlenose Dolphin
  • Amazon River Dolphin
  • West Indian manatee
  • Tasmanian Devil
  • Fossa
  • Blue duiker
  • White Stork
  • Corn snake (Exhibit)
At first I wanted to include the Bottlenose dolphin in the Loro Parque pack, but then I got the idea to make one for Duisburg aswell - it would be like a crime to not include dolphins in the Duisburg pack🤣
While their last River dolphin died a year ago, I still wanted to include it. They had them for almost 50 years, after all. Also my thinking is, if those collaboration was real, it would make more sense to include an animal that was almost unique to this zoo. To my knowledge Duisburg has cared for them the longest and has more experience with them than any other zoo/facility who had them in the past. They could teach Frontier alot about how to include them in PZ. Maybe they also have vocalisations recorded, which they could give Frontier to work with.
For the Manatee, they dont have them currently, but they had them in the past and they are going to get them again next year. I think it would be a good addition.

It's a crime not including the Spectacled bear in Duisburg, they have the best enclosure in the zoo, and it's probably one of the best enclosures for Spectacled bears in the world.

What about the terrarium pack with many reptiles, insects, amphibians, and small mammals for players to make small animal enclosures for their zoos?

I had a similar idea yesterday. It would be the perfect way to add items that do not fit any regional theme pack. I think these packs will only be possible if we have aviary and aquarium mechanisms by then, as most other animals that the zoos are known for are already in the game.

I'd love to see the following:
Singapore Zoos pack (including Night/River Safari and Jurong Birdpark):
  • Modern Tile Building Set
  • Flower Arches and Decoration
  • Safari Boats/Trains
  • Water Playground
Animals:
  • Siamang
  • Wolverine
  • Mekong Giant Catfish
  • Brahminy Kite
  • Reticulated Python

Burgers' Zoo pack:
  • Bush/Desert-style Rock pieces
  • Dome pieces
  • Tropical and Desert foliage
Animals:
  • Bighorn Sheep
  • West-Indian Manatee
  • Spotted Eagle Ray
  • Sri Lankan Leopard
  • Short-tailed Bat

Beside zoos in real-life, can/do zoo games count? If yes, here're mine:

Blue Fang's Zoo Tycoon
  1. African leopard (That game's spotted leopard's location was in African savannah and nowhere else.)
  2. Dromedary camel
  3. Olive baboon
  4. Maybe the rest (only existing live species, except and excluding Javan rhinos since they couldn't be in captivity in real-life.)
Blue Fang's Zoo Tycoon 2
  1. African leopard (That game's black leopard's location was in African rainforest and nowhere else.)
  2. Dromedary camel
  3. Gibbon
Emperor penguins are almost identical to king penguins while their chicks were completely different. Also dall sheep to bighorn sheep.

Last edited:
Just thought of a potentially good idea for a 'real zoo' pack. In 2022, the Bristol Zoo will close and relocate some of its animals to a new, larger site out in the country (it already has a zoo on the site, referred to as the Wild Place Project). This pack would combine some of the animals already present at Wild Place with the species announced to be moving over when the old zoo closes:

The first four animals are all species currently held at the Wild Place Project
1. Gelada
2. Grey crowned crane
3. Red river hog
4. Wolverine

The three other species, plus, the exhibit animal, are from the plans for the new Bristol Zoo
5. African slender snouted crocodile
6. Cherry crowned mangabey
7. Radiated tortoise; Javan green magpie if aviary animals are available
Exhibit. Turquoise dwarf gecko

This link here talks about the new Bristol Zoo, with part of it midway down the page talking about the two main exhibits that will be opening in 2024:

Top Bottom