News Collect Wing Mission Balancing

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

Following the 3.1 update, we have noticed that the credit rewards for Collect Wing Missions were higher than intended. This has had a negative impact on the balance of the in-game economy. As a result of this we will be adjusting the payouts for this mission type to reduce them and bring them in line with the intended rewards.

Thanks for your continued feedback and for your understanding. We will continue to look at missions to ensure they are balanced and offer the best experience for the game.

How about you guys get back to fixing powerplay. Been a month since the focus feedback with no updates on anything. All you guys seem to do is want to nerf any possible way of progressing in this game without actually addressing the problems the game has.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
This is a server side change and part of our ongoing review of in game balancing. We continue to investigate all issues and bugs reported in to us. If you encounter new ones please continue to send in your reports.

Didn't mean to come off as snappy. Just always puts people in a mood when monetary changes are always so quick to be patched but things like the bugged conflict zones for powerplay have been broken for over a week now. Any status update on that?

Does "balanced economy" mean massacre missions are getting buffed?

I can easily make more money in the same time frame with significantly less effort running passenger missions while watching Netflix than I can killing 90+ npcs for less than 10Mil a contract in an activity that requires a player's full attention.

Your commitment to balance

I both understand and appreciate the importance of ensuring the balance of credit-making activities. My only concern with your commitment to this goal is the fact that there are many OTHER areas in the game that ALSO need to balanced, but which you seem to consistently ignore. Powerplay is a big one, of course; but there are some major issues with certain modules and engineering mods that have existed for months without address. The fact that you've created a laser that restores shield strength faster then an equivalent laser can reduce it is beyond comprehension, and the fact that you STILL haven't make any effort to address this whilst simultaneously clamping down on any possible means of making extra credits is worrisome.

In short, if you're going to claim a commitment to game balance, please demonstrate this in more then one way, or you simply lack credibility.

Greetings Commanders,

Following the 3.1 update, we have noticed that the credit rewards for Collect Wing Missions were higher than intended. This has had a negative impact on the balance of the in-game economy. As a result of this we will be adjusting the payouts for this mission type to reduce them and bring them in line with the intended rewards.

Thanks for your continued feedback and for your understanding. We will continue to look at missions to ensure they are balanced and offer the best experience for the game.

Poo.

Was hoping the high payouts meant that something expensive like Carriers was incoming.

Does "balanced economy" mean massacre missions are getting buffed?

I can easily make more money in the same time frame with significantly less effort running passenger missions while watching Netflix than I can killing 90+ npcs for less than 10Mil a contract in an activity that requires a player's full attention.

Agreed! Lots of mission pay outs seem to be a bit out of whack. Honestly who has time to kill 90 ships!

Greetings Commanders,

Sigh....you all want this to be a pure boring grind for any viable amount of credits it seems?
I don't follow the logic here that anytime you add a feature you soon after drastically nerf the viability of the feature if it relates to generating credits.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Since this happens after every single update, why don't you give us a number of what you think is a reasonable cr/hr rate? That way it would be easier for the players to spot the exploits vs the intended features. As it is now, everyone is trying to find a way to make money, but every single way to do it is quickly nerfed for apparantly no other reason than "we think that's too much".

Give us a figure. How much are we supposed to be able to make per hour?
And just to get rid of any questions of bias; No, I haven't done any skimmer missions ever, nor these recent wing source missions. Only thing I've made good money on were the long supercruise passenger missions, until you decided that those too were OP and nerfed them to the ground.

Sigh....you all want this to be a pure boring grind for any viable amount of credits it seems?
I don't follow the logic here that anytime you add a feature you soon after drastically nerf the viability of the feature if it relates to generating credits.

The logic is non of the activities are supposed to be easy especially earning enough money to by all the ships in the game.

Greetings Commanders,

Hi Paul,

Since murder has had a negative impact on the balance of the BGS for years now, will you please look at nerfing murder to ensure it is balanced against other BGS activities and offer the best experience for the game?

Top Bottom