Collection of popular discussion threads w/ links

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR REQUESTING RIDES, COASTER TYPES, OR SCENERY!

Threads about SPLINE BASED WALLS and FENCES (or click + drag for walls)
- Ruler Tool (2)
- Click+swipe walls and simpler wall customization <--- notice how The Sims 4 used a Grid with simple building tools?
- Spline tools for fences and walls
- Another spline system
- Spline Based Fences
- Fences and Paths
- Custom Guardrails
- Freeform Fences
- More Fences
- A Random or "Scatter" feature that can create random hills/bumps plants, rocks, etc (2)
- Allow us to build a blank wall and then select the entire thing (or part of it) and add textures/colors/etc PLEASE
- Allow us to change the texture/color of walls after they have been placed without the need of being erased/rebuilt

Threads about WATER, RIVERS, etc
- Basic scenery pieces for rivers
- Improved Terrain tools
- Tiles with water design
- Terrain Grids
- Spline for Rivers
- Waterfall Particles
- Using River Rapids to create natural rivers
- Waterfall tools

Threads about BIOMES
- Improved Backdrops, or Park Skirts (2)
- Ocean biome and Space (no skirt) are big requests (3)
- Also, please fix the glitch that causes the outside of park borders to be uneven if you try to change a biome

Threads about TERRAIN
- Snap to Angle that easily aligns with paths
- Terrain Grids
- Global Grid
- Easier gradual slopes/ hills that align with paths/bridges, etc
- Square Terrain Grids
- Scenario editor land/border shapes
- Bigger/faster brush size, easier flatten to path, and more
- Terrain Blueprints (and paths too!)
- A Random or "Scatter" feature that can create random hills/bumps plants, rocks, etc (2)

My opinion about DARK RIDES
- https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...-dark-ride-going-to-fix-with-keeping-it-dark?
- Its been posted about more than anything else (except maybe coaster smoothness), and I believe that the amount of complaints on how theres not enough darkness would be less of a problem if we had the ability to create walls of Terrain, such as cubes with perfect 90 degree angles, similar to how RCT used to work. I am not asking to remove the voxel terrain tools, but that we should have the option to enable a grid for terrains to help make walls of terrain easier, then we can surround those terrain walls with actual wall pieces for darker dark rides.

- https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/31882-Include-a-tile-that-casts-shadows
- It would also help resolve complaints about making sloped hills of terrain if we had a tool to snap terrain to angels that align with paths, though thats a different topic of why terrain needs improving! Thats just my opinion, but many others have also asked for dark walls, or walls that cast shadows (but obviously that would kill our CPU/Frame rates)

- Or imagine if the terrain editor allowed for various automatic shapes (triangles, cylinders, spheres, etc)...

More threads on Terrain
- Improve Terrain & Path Tools
- Square Shapes w/ Snap to Angle
- More Terrain Shapes
- Asking for Square Terrain Tools
- Need more terrain tools
- Block Style Grid options for Terraforming
- Park Grid
- Make perfect rectangles

Threads about PATHS
- Path Improvements (2)
- Problems with Paths and Terrain - TEDIOUS AND TIME CONSUMING
- Path Blueprints!
- Complaints (2) (3) (4) (5)

Threads about PATH BASED INDOOR ATTRACTIONS, STAGE SHOWS, TRANSPORTATION, etc
- Spooky/Funhouse Mazes and other indoor walk-thru attractions (2) (3) (4) (5)
- Modular Stages and Stage shows with modular seating (2)
- Boats, Slides, and other Water based rides... maybe also a blimp? or hot-air balloon ride [cool]
- Ziplines, Bunjee jumps, rock climbing, mirror maze, motion sims, golf, and more!
- Elevators and other simple transportation/lift devices (maybe even a teleporter?)
- Railroad Crossings (2) (3) (4)
- Picnic Pavilions, Open Parks (with concerts) or Scenic Parks, Gazebos, Playgrounds, Slides, Swings, Etc., and More!
- Hayride transport vehicle with interactive entertainers for spooky/ fantasy, and western themes
- Safaris with drive-able jeeps

Threads about Career and Scenarios
- A True Career Mode (2) (3)
- Property purchasing and scenario borders
- Missing Key Feature
- Better AI and Economy
- Play as Guest/Employee Mode

Threads about Management
- Staff facilities, Warehouses, improved Management, and more
- Improved Management with In-Depth facilities
- Purchasing Land/property for improved Management
- Scenario editor land/border shapes
- Research (2)
- Reputation and Prestige problems
- Staff Breakroom Improvements (2)
- More Ideas
- Complaints

Threads about the Scenario Editor
- Allow us to modify ride prestige please
- Important Scenario Editor Features
- Missing Key Feature
- More features for the Scenario Editor

Threads about Balancing Financial Systems, Rides Prestige, Etc.
- Coaster Ratings and Scenery
- All about Balance
- Big list of ideas
- Better AI and Economy
- Big big list on QoL

Threads about Challenge Mode
- Making money in Challenge Mode is boring
- Overpriced Rides and Excessive Profits
- Paid Entry Discussion

Threads about Sandbox Mode
- Sandbox Improvements
- Discussion about staff quitting

Threads about Improving SHOPS
- Different shop windows, counters, sizes, rounded corner pieces, etc
- Predesigned Shops
- More shop variety
- Easier swapping out type of shops in blueprints

Threads about Guest Behavior, and Interactive Maps
- Improve security, add sight meters to cameras, balance pickpockets
- Enhanced First/Third Person controls
- Overhead heat-maps showing various map characteristics...
- ...such as: ride and shop placement, level of use, queue capacity, etc and more
- Locator for Trapped Guests, or Staff, Guest happiness, hunger, vomit, VIP stuff, etc and more
- Elevators & Lifts!

Threads about Organization of Save Files, Blueprints, Custom, Etc
- Save File organizer
- Customizable Folders
- Blueprint Organizer
- Reorder Blueprints
- Categories
- Load game Filter by Name

Threads about Coasters
- Coaster builder Improvements
- Smoothing
- Less restrictions and/or more cheats!

Threads about UI, Camera, Controls, Etc
- Coaster Menus
- UI Overhaul (resize windows, etc)
- other Art tool improvements and More art shape tools
- Camera FoV Slider (2)
- Big big list on QoL
- Transparency
- Test Coaster without Constant Crashing
- TopDown Forced Isometric View
- Align Snap for Large 8,000+ piece blueprints (2)
- Complaints

Threads about Timelines & Triggers
- Improved fireworks editor
- Improved triggers
- Duplicate Triggers

Threads about Customizing/Enhancing Scenery
- Invisible Moving Platform for Attaching to Scenery (2) (3)
- Textured Artshapes
- Elevators and/or Lifts
- Mod support, Custom Scenery, UGC, etc!
- Modular Ride Coloring System

Threads about Expansions
- What type of Expansions do you want to see? (2) (3) (4) (5)
- Multiplayer, Co-0p, visiting parks riding coasters with friends, and seeing each others avatars (2)
- Entertainers (2) and Scenery Packs (2) (3)
- Original Wishlist Thread (outdated now)
-

Feel free to add your own ideas, or even make a list of your top 10 most important features! I will only add ideas to this list that I find are popular and often requested, please do not throw out uncommon obscure suggestions hoping that I will add them to this list, because I am only trying to focus on what is most important (based on how frequently something is requested) and hopefully this doesnt turn out bias, Thanks!

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Please keep this topic to discussions that are about GAMEPLAY ONLY thank you! If you discuss marketing, or begin arguing with others about how they are wrong, then you will kindly be asked to stop posting in this thread :) The idea is to give Frontier a very specific and detailed list of ideas, and maybe we can discuss which ones are most important here.

Hi and thank you for starting this thread.

Please be advised that forum users will have to refrain from back-seat moderation. If you think that a forum post or reply is breaking a rule, then please use the "report this post" feature of the forums instead of discussing it in a thread. The volunteer moderation team will make sure that the forums stay a safe, friendly and enjoyable platform.

I'd also like to ask the forum managers if we could please get more "sub-sections" in the suggestions forums? We could use sub-sections for Rides, Scenery, Management, or maybe a sub-section for Problems and another for New ideas?

Thank you for this suggestion. At this time there are no plans for any sub-sections but I'll make sure that this suggestion will be passed on for consideration.

You are welcome to create threads within the Suggestions and Ideas section of the forums to collect and categorise links to threads that are popular among the forum users.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the reply, breezerHOG. You haven’t done moderation or broken any rules at this point. I just wanted to give a friendly reminder.

About freedom of speech on these forums; I welcome everyone to continue to discuss Planet Coaster and related topics, as long as it’s within the Forum Rules and Guidelines, which are there to ensure a safe, friendly and enjoyable platform.

The other thread was closed for a reason. Let’s not discuss that any further.

Carry on with this thread (good idea to categorise and collect those threads, breezerHOG) and thanks for participating on the forums. :)

Cool, I hope others will share their opinions on what they think is most important :)[up] I know that coaster smoothing is a big discussion around here that I intentionally left off the list because I think its been discussed to death. However, I do feel it is important that all of our community comes together and focuses on whats really important here, which is to discuss what we think needs improving the most. I also believe we can come together to discuss these things fairly, and in a helpful manner to the devteam! I truthfully hope I am not being bias in anyway here.

This is not about "Management Vs Creative/Sandbox play" its about whats most important overall!

Awesome thread! There's a lot of great info in here, thank you! [cool]

Thanks!

Last edited:
Absolutely great innitiative breezerHOG. I feel like gameplay and QOL are alot of times overlooked here on the forums. Thank you for taking the time to round up these important threads and making it clear what this thread is about.[up]

I would like to add this thread for general UI/QOL fixes:
- https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...-Concept-Screens-for-a-Management-UI-Overhaul

It's still unbelievable how bad the actual UI is. You can't resize it, you can't drag it. It's just too big and annoying to offer a pleasant experience. Also I would very much appreciate it if we can recolor the UI in every color and not just a group of pre-selected very bright colors. It's much more pleasant for the eyes to have it black or grey instead of white and bright blue for example. Also saves energy if you're into that. [tongue]

I would also like to add some of my own, in my eyes much needed, suggestions that I have posted over the years. Many suggestions here are still relevant for the actual gameplay:
- https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/28824-Suggestions-for-the-November-update
- https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/21552-Suggestions-for-the-big-April-update
- https://forums.planetcoaster.com/se...3249&starteronly=1&contenttype=vBForum_Thread

These threads contained lots of suggestions such as Spline Based Fence Tool, UGC (mods), text fields to input custom values instead of the pre-selected (usually too big) values and alot of coaster building suggestions. Some of these have actually been added over time, unfortunately most haven't. But these suggestions are definately not outdated so I would recommand to read them both Frontier and the players.

So that should do it for this morning.

Thanks all that care for the gameplay and wanna post gameplay suggestions, it's much appreciated!

Last edited:
. . . Feel free to add your own ideas, or even make a list of your top 10 most important features! I will only add ideas to this list that I find are popular and often requested, please do not throw out uncommon obscure suggestions hoping that I will add them to this list, because I am only trying to focus on what is most important (based on how frequently something is requested) and hopefully this doesnt turn out bias, Thanks!

How 'bout the Park Skirts topic? Worth a spot?

Wow. I see you had some spare time [up][shocked]

Great initiative! Good to see all threads categorized. [up][up][up][up]

lol what Im hoping is for people can post which is their favorites, or help me to add any I missed [big grin] trying to cover it all fairly

Brett C

Frontier
I'd also like to ask the forum managers if we could please get more "sub-sections" in the suggestions forums? We could use sub-sections for Suggesting: Rides, Scenery, Management, or maybe a sub-section for Problems (that are not considered "bugs") and another for New ideas? It might help us have more conversations since it seems like the general forum tends to get a little crazy, and it has been requested before --> https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...rums-Post-here?p=203411&viewfull=1#post203411

Thank you for this suggestion. At this time there are no plans for any sub-sections but I'll make sure that this suggestion will be passed on for consideration.

You are welcome to create threads within the Suggestions and Ideas section of the forums to collect and categorise links to threads that are popular among the forum users.

Actually, going to take breezerHOG up on this offer. While it will not be sub-forum additions, it'll come in the form of thread prefixes. :)

people keep arguing about each others opinions instead of the game

This is a classic netiquette issue found everywhere since early internet days. It may seem obvious, but there's a direct connection between how someone expresses an opinion, and the elevation in tone of replies and counter-arguments. Trouble usually starts when opinion is expressed as fact. Eg, "The user interface is unbelievably bad" is a good example of opinion expressed as fact.

What happens is people feel more obliged to vigorously counter-argue an "opinion fact" because the nature of a fact is final. Nobody likes to be told that something is final, particularly when your experience is different. Had the person used two simple words "I think..." or "IMHO" or "I find" then it takes the edge off the "my way or the highway" expression of an idea.

Anyway.... yep I'm captain obvious today! But well done for collating the links to suggestions and so on. I will continue adding things to individual suggestion posts rather than here, but might be back depending on how discussion goes. Cheers.

Maybe also add the coaster building, management and testing suggestions (so not suggestions for coaster types, as this thread is not for that) in the first post.

I'll start with some of mine:

Threads about Coaster Building, Management and Testing

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...he-track-where-you-want-your-coaster-supports
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/25208-Cobra-rolls-for-other-coasters-too
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/25104-Launch-section-on-other-coasters
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/24243-Use-coasters-as-transport-rides-and-elevators (goes in the multiple stations list maybe)
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...ce-of-track-as-a-user-created-special-element
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/25179-Coordinate-box-on-the-bottom-right

Also coaster suggestions that I don't have a seperate thread for put in my suggestion threads for the Big April Update and Big November Update:

- Unrestricting of track limits for every coaster
- Improved smoothness (or even for the camera)
- Continuous roll (probably lots of threads about this)
- Improved elements
- Custom elements
- Select the point in the track where we want the supports to attach to (basicly this adds nodes in the track)
- Testing in pause mode or testing with ghost trains like in rct3

Many of these have probably also been suggested by other people in alot of threads.

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
This is a classic netiquette issue found everywhere since early internet days. It may seem obvious, but there's a direct connection between how someone expresses an opinion, and the elevation in tone of replies and counter-arguments. Trouble usually starts when opinion is expressed as fact. Eg, "The user interface is unbelievably bad" is a good example of opinion expressed as fact.

What happens is people feel more obliged to vigorously counter-argue an "opinion fact" because the nature of a fact is final. Nobody likes to be told that something is final, particularly when your experience is different. Had the person used two simple words "I think..." or "IMHO" or "I find" then it takes the edge off the "my way or the highway" expression of an idea.
[snip]

Myself and the moderators here on the PC forums came to a head yesterday about this very issue. We'll be cracking down on those sort of issues on our forums. To be precise, especially with replies to threads that are off-topic, attempting to hijack the discussion, as well as harassment by proxy (indirectly harassing others).

Hopefully with this change we'll begin to see some more robust discussions on our forums rather newly made threads getting shut-out for the above reasons by individuals. :)

Surely following improvement is already mentioned in one of those threads but I will post it here anyway[big grin] If not wished, please feel free to remove this post to where it belongs.[big grin]

I wish to be able to drag interface windows, i.e. when I build scenery or a building and I want to switch to parts from a certain DLC only, a window opens in which I can click what scenery or buidling objects will be displayed (DLC or content wise). This window is stuck in the middle of the monitor screen. I cannot move it to the side and so it blocks view from what I am buidling in that very moment.[weird]

Please add the possibility to be able to put workshop objects into different and custom folders. When I download a pirate buidling I would like to put it in a pirate folder. So, when building fairytale I can click on fairytale and maybe then in a subfolder for custom made "Loo 'n poo" and then I will only find fairytale toilet building stuff. I hope I explained it that everybody can understand.[big grin]

When selecting several building or scenery parts and then trying to move them with that "arrow-tool" I sometimes have the problem that the arrows don't follow the current building or world axis but new ones so that it is difficult to copy more than one item on an axis. When selecting only one item, the axis of the building is consistent, when selecting more than one, it often is not.[shocked]

Good topic out here, the work OP and others put into listing the things is appreciated and I think most of them are spot-on
wink.gif
I hope developers see it as I think it would make it a bit easier to actually gather the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom