COMPLETED CG Colonia Bridge Project Third Phase - Colonia (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Colonia
Station: Jaque's Station (Orbis Starport, large pads available, 1,460 Ls from main star, 22,000 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Ceramic Composites, Computer Components and Thermal Cooling Units
Time limit: 13th January 3308 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Brewer Corporation intends to improve the travel corridor between the Alcor and Colonia systems by constructing several new starports.

The previous two phases of the Colonia Bridge project established stationary megaships in 56 systems. These provide rest, refuel and repair facilities for vessels making the 22,000 light year journey to and from the Colonia region.

A press release from Brewer Corporation outlined this latest initiative:
Phase three aims to enhance the Colonia Bridge by building permanent starports in key locations along the route. These will offer a wide range of services to travellers, and also serve as homes for the many new communities that we expect to spring up around them.
Our plan is to construct one starport in the vicinity of Colonia. The starport structure will be assembled by the 27th of January, with additional services scheduled for implementation at a later date.
Pilots are asked to deliver ceramic composites, computer components and thermal cooling units to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.
Should deliveries reach sufficient levels, the top 75% of contributors will be awarded an engineered frame shift drive with increased range and faster boot sequence. These will be placed in storage at Jaques Station.

The highest contributor in Colonia will be invited to submit naming suggestions for the new starport. Name submissions will be subject to review by the Brewer Corporation board of directors.
Achieving the first tier target will enable Brewer Corporation to begin construction of a starport close to the Colonia system. All three module reward classes will be made available at this tier.
  • Tier 1: One starport husk, Modified 3A, 4A and 6A Frame Shift Drives
  • Tier 2: All additional commodities delivered will count toward personal contribution totals
The campaign begins on the 6th of January 3308 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Ceramic Composites, Computer Components and Thermal Cooling Units to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
The module rewards for this initiative are pre-engineered and cannot be modified further, though the active experimental effects can be changed.
  • Jaques Station is at planet 4
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Tech. Broker, Interstellar Factors, Fleet Carrier Vendor/Admin, Social Space
  • Prices at Jaques Station: TBC - based on previous CGs
    • Ceramic Composites: 3,320 Cr/T
    • Computer Components: 6,208 Cr/T
    • Thermal Cooling Units: 30,080 Cr/T
Last updated: 6/1 @ 13:00 UTC
2vlqsJK.png
LMFDBvt.png
CxAT53s.png
Latest status
Last updated: 11 January 0:55 UTC-reached Tier 1

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 3,317,732 tonnes delivered (Tier 2 target: 100M tonnes)
Contributors: 927
Reward Tier: 1/2
Global Reward:
One Starport husk + FSD rewards
Top 10 CMDRs: 80,000,000CR
Top 10%: 50,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 30,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 20,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 10,000,000 CR
Top 100%: 1,000,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch, that's going to involve a lot of zero-supply copying, then.

It's probably possible to get the tonnage, given how quickly phase 2 moved, if we get similar or greater participant numbers after those FSDs, but it'll be tedious.

I suspect there may be an optimisation for both speed and fun in the zero-supply state over "just sit at Mriya/Chrysus and click buy every ten minutes" - I'll test when it gets to that stage.

In the meantime to help us get the zero-supply stage moving as fast as possible:
- Mriya is in optimal state, keep handing in UCA bounties but don't bring in inbound trade goods. Shouldn't get a UCA Expansion during the CG.
- Chrysus is in Boom but not CL. Don't bring inbound trade goods, do hand in ICU bounties. I think we're okay for avoiding Expansion on ICU as well.
- Ratraii/Exodus is in a surprisingly good state right now and just completed expansion so shouldn't hit it again during the CG. That should be a nice source of Computer Components for medium-pad-to-carrier transfer. Probably will get enough CCoop bounties handed in anyway to recover the Civil Liberty state too.
- Carlota is in None. That'd be a good one to push to Boom/Civil Lib by handing in LdL bounties and bringing refinery equipment/ores on the outbound legs.

That's a pretty good set of BGS states to start us off with, anyway.

Everywhere else is small by comparison so won't be all that useful once the initial supply runs down.

Part of me was thinking trying to make Colonia to also put a 75% stake there...
(it looks like Alcor night have trouble hitting T5 for that 6A FSD module and it might be better to go for it in Colonia)

However, it sounds like supply of CG materials from Colonia area stations generally cannot meet demand, with a lot of care on how not impact BGS state.

So my question, it doesn't sound like there will be much success bringing just a loader over as there won't be supply to load. Sounds more like the Colonia push also need us to bring full carriers out from the bubble.

(I'm just trying to decide if I should hop on the first express I find, or load and bring out my carrier)

Well, there we go - less than six hours in and the initial stock is all used up! I'll check my optimisation idea for zero-stock after I've had some food.

Any chance of adding Aluminium or Polymers or Titanium to the CG requirements, Frontier? It won't make a difference to whether we get to 3MT, because there's almost certainly enough people to get the zero-supply exploit to work for that ... but it'll make it a lot more fun.

(I'm just trying to decide if I should hop on the first express I find, or load and bring out my carrier)
Loading and moving a carrier - so long as you're not too concerned about how you get back! - would let you bring 15kT or so of cargo. That's probably more efficient than just waiting here and hauling as it becomes available. If you're wanting to carry Tritium for the return trip too, you might be more efficient sitting in dock and loading up.

As a returning player and not speaking the lingo fluently, are the rewards the ability to buy pre-engineerd (grade 5 id hope) FSDs in mentioned sizes?
and how can a bubble python owner help?

Ouch, that's going to involve a lot of zero-supply copying, then.

It's probably possible to get the tonnage, given how quickly phase 2 moved, if we get similar or greater participant numbers after those FSDs, but it'll be tedious.

I suspect there may be an optimisation for both speed and fun in the zero-supply state over "just sit at Mriya/Chrysus and click buy every ten minutes" - I'll test when it gets to that stage.

In the meantime to help us get the zero-supply stage moving as fast as possible:
- Mriya is in optimal state, keep handing in UCA bounties but don't bring in inbound trade goods. Shouldn't get a UCA Expansion during the CG.
- Chrysus is in Boom but not CL. Don't bring inbound trade goods, do hand in ICU bounties. I think we're okay for avoiding Expansion on ICU as well.
- Ratraii/Exodus is in a surprisingly good state right now and just completed expansion so shouldn't hit it again during the CG. That should be a nice source of Computer Components for medium-pad-to-carrier transfer. Probably will get enough CCoop bounties handed in anyway to recover the Civil Liberty state too.
- Carlota is in None. That'd be a good one to push to Boom/Civil Lib by handing in LdL bounties and bringing refinery equipment/ores on the outbound legs.

That's a pretty good set of BGS states to start us off with, anyway.

Everywhere else is small by comparison so won't be all that useful once the initial supply runs down.
I am unfamiliar with the zero-supply state method. Could you give me a brief explanation please?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom