News Colonia Expansion Initiative - Sign up!

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

The Pilots Federation and the Colonia Council would like to thank you for your interest in expanding the newly established Colonia region. There has been an unprecedented number of responses and we have the final list of organisations that would like to help support our request for resources and in return set up their own base here in Colonia.

The community goal is expected to go live on Thursday and we’re inviting people to register themselves to the organisation that they would like to support as they make the journey.

Simply visit our Colonia Council Migration website, log in and confirm which organisation your efforts should be added to. We will then be able to tell which organisations have delivered the most resource and the top ten organisations will be thanked with their very own faction here in Colonia. You can only register for one organisation and your first selection will be your only vote so please pick carefully! We have tried to remove as many duplicates as possible but we can’t guarantee that all have been removed. There is no editing the list now. However, we will be in contact with the top ten organisations and they will be able to edit the name slightly should there be a duplicate or error before it goes live, so don’t worry if it’s wrong and needs a minor edit! Some of the duplicate entries had multiple people request it. In this instance we picked one person and they will be contacted should that faction be in the top ten.

Remember that Colonia is a Super-Power and Power free utopia. YOU have the power to decide which factions are developed and every commander has to contribute to the Colonia council, the more they contribute the more support they are giving to their organisation. How Colonia develops is for every Commander in the Galaxy to decide.

Good luck Commanders!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Game on!

Zac can I ask what will probably be a stupid question?

I recently brought a second account with the idea of them moving out to Colonia and setting up there, however she's still very young and only has a bog standard T6. I wanted to help a certain faction set up out there, but when you pledge yourself to a faction using the form does that actually do anything in game other than helping towards their total?

For example my main character can haul a lot more and a lot quicker and so would be better to help out my chosen faction, but does that leave out my new Cmdr from joining them in some way, or tie this one into being with them?

Last edited:
Unfortunately my submitted group suggestion didn't make the cut list like the others did.
I'll see who deserves my help.

Greetings Commanders,

The Pilots Federation and the Colonia Council would like to thank you for your interest in expanding the newly established Colonia region. There has been an unprecedented number of responses and we have the final list of organisations that would like to help support our request for resources and in return set up their own base here in Colonia.

The community goal is expected to go live on Thursday and we’re inviting people to register themselves to the organisation that they would like to support as they make the journey.

Simply visit our Colonia Council Migration website, log in and confirm which organisation your efforts should be added to. We will then be able to tell which organisations have delivered the most resource and the top ten organisations will be thanked with their very own faction here in Colonia. You can only register for one organisation and your first selection will be your only vote so please pick carefully! We have tried to remove as many duplicates as possible but we can’t guarantee that all have been removed. There is no editing the list now. However, we will be in contact with the top ten organisations and they will be able to edit the name slightly should there be a duplicate or error before it goes live, so don’t worry if it’s wrong and needs a minor edit! Some of the duplicate entries had multiple people request it. In this instance we picked one person and they will be contacted should that faction be in the top ten.

Remember that Colonia is a Super-Power and Power free utopia. YOU have the power to decide which factions are developed and every commander has to contribute to the Colonia council, the more they contribute the more support they are giving to their organisation. How Colonia develops is for every Commander in the Galaxy to decide.

Good luck Commanders!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
What does the visa mean exactly? Will I be transported to Colonia if I apply?

No, you need to participate in the CG and go there yourself (I believe the visa is referencing a pass for the groups).

- - - Updated - - -

There's a group named F*ckwitts lol

Honestly, does no-one proof read these? I know you said there's no way of changing the names now Zac, but you gotta remove this!

Greetings Commanders,

Good luck Commanders!

Hi Zac,
I guess it's not totaly clear, or maybe that's only me who didn't understood, but, what's exactly the purpose of this site ? Is it to becoming member of a faction at Colonia, or just voting to wich ones we want to see there, as you initialy plan to do (refering to the email you sent to faction leaders this summer).

Anyway, if it's about voting for wich faction we want to see at Colonia, it could be usefull to put on the site a small presentation of these factions.
But if it's an apply form to join one faction, we need to have a setting section where players could change or cancel.

I personnaly need to cancel my "applying" because it was not clear for a non native english to understand what you did. Too ambiguous.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Zac,
I guess it's not totaly clear, or maybe that's only me who didn't understood, but, what's exactly the purpose of this site ? Is it to becoming member of a faction at Colonia, or just voting to wich ones we want to see there, as you initialy plan to do (refering to the email you sent to faction leaders this summer).

Anyway, if it's about voting for wich faction we want to see at Colonia, it could be usefull to put on the site a small presentation of these factions.
But if it's an apply form to join one faction, we need to have a setting section where players could change or cancel.

You are choosing the faction that you want your progress in the CG to count towards.

You are choosing the faction that you want your progress in the CG to count towards.

You vote for a faction that will have it's own CG, or apply to be one of their member ?
As it is show now, it's not clear. It's not clear only for me. Few friends asked me : eh what is this ? we don't understand.

So, in case of misundertanding, I guess it could be usefull to give a way to the players to change or cancel what they've done.

What's seem obvious for native english is absolutly not for the others.

Initialy, Zac proposed us to vote to the factions we'd wanted to see at Colonia, and once the vote results know, then the CGs was started.

Last edited:
Hi Zac,

Will this CG be in Colonia, in the bubble or in Colonia but requiring materiel from the bubble?

For those of us who migrated months ago, I hope it's the former. I wouldn't want to have to go back to prove I'm serious about migrating. :)

-BW

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
What's seem obvious for native english is absolutly not for the others.

Initialy, Zac proposed us to vote to the factions we'd wanted to see at Colonia, and once the vote results know, then the CGs was started.

It's not all obvious which is why I've asked questions. The original thread was to decide which factions wanted to move out there, it says at the start of this one that the list has been made and this is about pledging to a certain faction.

From my understanding there will only be 1 CG and they will use your email address to match to your commander, so your contributions can be added to your chosen faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Zac,

Will this CG be in Colonia, in the bubble or in Colonia but requiring materiel from the bubble?

For those of us who migrated months ago, I hope it's the former. I wouldn't want to have to go back to prove I'm serious about migrating. :)

-BW

It's about factions migrating, not individuals. So I imagine in Colombia needing things from the bubble. They could do things that could be available nearby or on the way, but you would then be able to contribute a lot more.

It's not all obvious which is why I've asked questions. The original thread was to decide which factions wanted to move out there, it says at the start of this one that the list has been made and this is about pledging to a certain faction.

From my understanding there will only be 1 CG and they will use your email address to match to your commander, so your contributions can be added to your chosen faction.

I understood it was just a vote. And now, it can't be canceled.

I didn't want to participate to a CG, as I'm member of the CCC during all december.

From the sign up page, it looks like this will be a longer-term project:

At the start of each month, we will announce which systems have been targeted for colonisation and an appeal. To earn a migration visa, as a registered pilot, you will be required to join the appeal and deliver a specific commodity to Jaques Station on behalf of their chosen organisation. The nature of the commodity will be specified at the start of the month. Naturally, pilots will be reimbursed for their efforts.

At the end of the month, a number of factions that have made the largest contribution will earn the right to settle in one of the specified systems. A new planetary outpost will be constructed in the system for the organisation’s sole use.

I could see this being done over time: Each month targets a couple of systems, and the top contributing organizations get to settle in one of those systems. The next month is a new set of target systems, and previously settled organizations are no longer eligible...

CMDR grnbrg.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
No, you need to participate in the CG and go there yourself (I believe the visa is referencing a pass for the groups).

- - - Updated - - -

It's deleted. Would you believe this was proof read 3 times! :( Any way, it's gone.

Honestly, does no-one proof read these? I know you said there's no way of changing the names now Zac, but you gotta remove this!

It's deleted. Would you believe this was proof read 3 times! :( Any way, it's gone.

I'm a little confused.....which faction to choose? There's no context around the entries. Do I pick one that I like the sound of or is there something that explains what these factions stand for (some are obvious like Colonia Exploration and Research)? If there is information out there that covers this, can a link be placed onto the site? Or am I missing the point of this?

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Game on!

Zac can I ask what will probably be a stupid question?

I recently brought a second account with the idea of them moving out to Colonia and setting up there, however she's still very young and only has a bog standard T6. I wanted to help a certain faction set up out there, but when you pledge yourself to a faction using the form does that actually do anything in game other than helping towards their total?

For example my main character can haul a lot more and a lot quicker and so would be better to help out my chosen faction, but does that leave out my new Cmdr from joining them in some way, or tie this one into being with them?

Whichever account you sign up with is the account that will take the contribution from and add it towards that group or organisations total.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
I'm a little confused.....which faction to choose? There's no context around the entries. Do I pick one that I like the sound of or is there something that explains what these factions stand for (some are obvious like Colonia Exploration and Research)? If there is information out there that covers this, can a link be placed onto the site? Or am I missing the point of this?

It's for the groups to explain what their ethos is. If you have no idea what one stands for, you probably shouldn't support them. Much like an election.

Top Bottom