News Colonia Expansion Initiative - Sign up!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
It's deleted. Would you believe this was proof read 3 times! :( Any way, it's gone.

Haha yes I would. I had a little dig but we've all proof read stuff and then let it go out with mistakes in it, I know I have, though fortunately it wasn't swearing ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Whichever account you sign up with is the account that will take the contribution from and add it towards that group or organisations total.

But there nothing in game to tie said commander to the chosen faction? So you'd use the commander who would be able to help the most.

Last edited:

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
It's not all obvious which is why I've asked questions. The original thread was to decide which factions wanted to move out there, it says at the start of this one that the list has been made and this is about pledging to a certain faction.

From my understanding there will only be 1 CG and they will use your email address to match to your commander, so your contributions can be added to your chosen faction.

This is correct. The first one was to put your name forward as an organisation that wants to make a faction. The second is pledging yourself to that group and contributing to the ONE CG and your contribution going towards that faction.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Haha yes I would. I had a little dig but we've all proof read stuff and then let it go out with mistakes in it, I know I have, though fortunately it wasn't swearing ;)

- - - Updated - - -

But there nothing in game to tie said commander to the chosen faction? So you'd use the commander who would be able to help the most.

Oh, you mean you have 2 ED accounts on one Frontier log-in?

This is correct. The first one was to put your name forward as an organisation that wants to make a faction. The second is pledging yourself to that group and contributing to the ONE CG and your contribution going towards that faction.

So, can you please canceling my application ?

NB : thank you for responding me directly.

Zac, with a large number of commanders heading to Colonia for the CCC throughout December, is the plan to have this CG last the duration of that event?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Oh, you mean you have 2 ED accounts on one Frontier log-in?

Nope 2 accounts, 2 email addresses.

Account 1 (old) account 2 (new)

2 wants to move to Colonia to support a new faction, 1 is better at doing the CG and so will sign up to help the faction. There's nothing that 2 will lose from this is there, no extra benefit for actually participating in the CG? They can just rank up the normal way once they move out (soon™)?

From https://www.elitedangerous.com/en/colonia-expansion-initiative/#c-application-form

At the start of each month, we will announce which systems have been targeted for colonisation and an appeal. To earn a migration visa, as a registered pilot, you will be required to join the appeal and deliver a specific commodity to Jaques Station on behalf of their chosen organisation. The nature of the commodity will be specified at the start of the month. Naturally, pilots will be reimbursed for their efforts.

At the end of the month, a number of factions that have made the largest contribution will earn the right to settle in one of the specified systems. A new planetary outpost will be constructed in the system for the organisation’s sole use.

Ok. Is this going to be a one-shot CG, and all the migrating groups will be selected based on these results, or will there be several CGs over the next few months, awarding a few bases at a time?

CMDR grnbrg.

"Furthermore, the successful organisations will be responsible for working with other like-minded organisations to make the Colonia Nebula a beacon of civilisation."

We are eager to make more contacts and build more projects ;) :)

Last edited:

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Nope 2 accounts, 2 email addresses.

Account 1 (old) account 2 (new)

2 wants to move to Colonia to support a new faction, 1 is better at doing the CG and so will sign up to help the faction. There's nothing that 2 will lose from this is there, no extra benefit for actually participating in the CG? They can just rank up the normal way once they move out (soon™)?

That's right, I was slightly confused and didn't think it was possible.

Sign up with whatever commander you want to be contributing. Then you can send out your second Commander when you're ready. No worries. There is no other benefit or impact.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
That's right, I was slightly confused and didn't think it was possible.

Sign up with whatever commander you want to be contributing. Then you can send out your second Commander when you're ready. No worries. There is no other benefit or impact.

Awesome responses as always! Cheers.

How different is this going to be from the Dangerous games. I mean in the dangerous games, we could see our progress in-game. How are going to know the progress of our allied faction and that of the others?

Top Bottom