News Colonia Expansion Initiative

By the way, I assume the clue offered by the listening post in Colonia has been solved already? I recently arrived there and found a listening post with a clue of some planet based coordinates (though it wasn't clear which planet they were on).
Canonn have found a crash site with some mysterious stuff on one of the moons (5 E A, from memory) in Colonia (the lat/lon coordinates in the message are backwards, by the way, it's at 29x39, not 39x29)

What the mysterious stuff is for has not been solved yet, so far as I know, though I've not been keeping up with it the last few days.

Do any of these factions represent the original pioneers? I get the feeling Colonia was divided up like Poland during the world war.

Do any of these factions represent the original pioneers? I get the feeling Colonia was divided up like Poland during the world war.

All the central "Colonia ..." factions.

Also several of "the original pioneers" are in some of the factions that settled out there (I created mine for that very purpose) ... while others have moved on because they don't like how Colonia is growing.

All the central "Colonia ..." factions.

Also several of "the original pioneers" are in some of the factions that settled out there (I created mine for that very purpose) ... while others have moved on because they don't like how Colonia is growing.

What's not to like about how Colonia is expanding?
It was always set up to be a second bubble. It's slowly becoming that.

I got a question. What happened to the fuel rats faction? they were bumped off of winning round 3 due to a recount but then they didn't even show up on the list for round four even though if the numbers carry over they should have had at least 3600. Did they just fall through the cracks?

What's not to like about how Colonia is expanding?
It was always set up to be a second bubble. It's slowly becoming that.
Exactly that. A good portion of explorers wanted a place that was not "just" a second bubble. I dare say they are better off with the deep space ports.

I got a question. What happened to the fuel rats faction? they were bumped off of winning round 3 due to a recount but then they didn't even show up on the list for round four even though if the numbers carry over they should have had at least 3600. Did they just fall through the cracks?

You gotta ask the community managers or fuel rats about it.

The rats didn't sign themselves up for this and didn't know who did (last I heard). So perhaps the person who did didn't respond to the follow up (about system/faction details) or agreed to let it pass.

Yes; they were bumped out by a miscount/recount in Phase 3. I remember one of the Rats saying they weren't sure who nominated them for Colonia in the first place.

I get the impression the Rats don't care too much one way or the other whether they get picked for the expansion or not.

I care. Especially if they are denied the spot because of a glitch. I would want to make their system my home base.

I was hoping that they would make the cut too. However the decisions are made by FD so there's not much we can do about it unless they get into phase 4 or 5.

I do think they deserved the place but it is what it is..............

Good luck in Colonia. I was there for four months but got back to The Bubble last week. Can't say I miss Colonia at the moment but I'm sure I'll get back there; probably on the way to Beagle Point this time.

Hoping that they release the new winners soon ... I need to know if another month I could have spent doing something else will instead be dedicated to running Galactic Guides out to Jaques. :)

Just bought a new ship expressly for this run :) also signed up with Earth Expeditionary Fleet as I'm Xbox and they seemed the best from the short faction list I saw on the forum. I'll be heading out of Pikum towards colonia in a couple days, so I should be arriving in less than a week. A couple questions since I'm new. Do I also have to pledge to a power or is signing up enough? Can I play on open and still have it count towards the group? Thanks!

Group Approval process

How long does it take for a group to be approved? Registered 3 days ago, Unknown Explorers, but as of this post time, do not see the group name on the list.

If we start transporting the goods and complete missions, will those missions still count towards the group total once it is approved and we can join it?

How long does it take for a group to be approved? Registered 3 days ago, Unknown Explorers, but as of this post time, do not see the group name on the list.

If we start transporting the goods and complete missions, will those missions still count towards the group total once it is approved and we can join it?

Don't complete the transaction until the group exists. If you created the new group three days ago then you did it while Frontier was on the weekend break. Give them a few days to get caught up ... approving new groups for the expansion initiative is just one of the many things that the team has to handle ... just like tabulating the scores from last month's CG.

You can go ahead and start hauling right away ... just don't sell the Galactic Guides until the group has been approved and you're able to successfully pledge your support.

I have two questions to FD about Colonia expansion. Currently only 1 (ONE) new NPC asteroid station was found in Colonia from New Year (correct me, if I am wrong). Seems 2 me, that more such stations needed. No problem with new fractions (there are much more stars, than in old bubble indeed), but if expand only by current CGs - will receive 100-200 fractions with 1 system only. Sooner or later the situation will be just boring, and really no need 2 be BGS guru to understand this. Due to this - questions:

1. Are you planning a new mechanics for Colonia peaceful expansion?
2. If Yes, what is it? - at least, in general. Approx. date\time, will it be new empty systems (NPC only), asteroid bases, etc? And how to expand? - mining events, other community events, something else?

I do not hope, that you’ll tell everything :) , but, please, inform about the things, you will threat as possible to spread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom