News Colonia Expansion Initiative

Went to Colonia and would have love to stay there a while but I still have a lot of engineering to do onmy ships...had to head back to the bubble...sad.

Perhaps Refugees/Migration Will Be the Catalyst for Engineers

Went to Colonia and would have love to stay there a while but I still have a lot of engineering to do onmy ships...had to head back to the bubble...sad.

I've called Colonia Dream my home for over a year and, honestly, I had no interest in engineering my ships until they changed the process. That's finally what enticed me to make the LONG journey back to the Core Systems. I've been in the Core for a little over two months, doing all the necessary grinding to upgrade my Anaconda and the Chieftain I bought while there. I've pretty much done as much engineering as I care to and will be heading back home in my upgraded Anaconda--which should now take me half the time. It's just painful to pay as much as it costs to ship my Chieftain out to Colonia---they REALLY need to take another look at that. It shouldn't cost any more than a re-buy, IMHO. Anyway, if Remote Engineering exists in ports in Colonia, then I should be able to use some of my pinned blueprints (won't have access to the extra factors, though). But I'm SO ready to go home.

Anyway, if Remote Engineering exists in ports in Colonia, then I should be able to use some of my pinned blueprints (won't have access to the extra factors, though). But I'm SO ready to go home.
Yes, we've definitely got Remote Engineering. Pick your pins carefully. :)

Just too bad you can't find all upgrades around Colonia.
To get the best stuff and upgrade it, you still need to go back to the Bubble.

I also hope there will come a third bubble, possibly at the other side of Sagittarius A*, so the bubble, Colonia and the third one will form a triangle.
To get from Colonia to the third bubble, you'll pass Sagittarius A*.

And hopefully a fourth around Beagle Point.
Since pc players don't have achievements, I see no good reason to go there yet.
It's just a system like the other 400 billion ones out there.

I also hope they will make engineers available near Colonia.
They don't have to copy the engineers but they can have people there that worked for the engineers back home and want to make business elsewhere too.
The engineers could have some sidekick or accomplice or whatever you call them and those could travel to the Colonia region, setup a base and continue business there.

Last edited:

I also hope there will come a third bubble, possibly at the other side of Sagittarius A*, so the bubble, Colonia and the third one will form a triangle.

They don't have to copy the engineers but they can have people there that worked for the engineers back home and want to make business elsewhere too.
The engineers could have some sidekick or accomplice or whatever you call them and those could travel to the Colonia region, setup a base and continue business there.

UGH!!! ACHIEVEMENTS? That is such a stupid mechanism. I'm glad achievements are NOT a part of the PC game.

Remote workshops let you do that already - I have a mining Anaconda which has never left the Colonia region and is almost fully engineered (minus experimentals).

B/C-rated + G5 blueprint isn't quite as good as A-rated + G5 blueprint + experimental ... but it's still way better than stock A-rated would be.

Thanks are in order to Frontier - the changes in 3.1 have significantly increased the number and diversity of missions available in most Colonia region systems, especially the outlying ones.

Specific improvements I'd like to highlight
- increase of default range for short-range missions from 15 to 20 LY
- increase of size of the 'centre of bubble' region from 10 to 11 LY to include two more systems in the "long range destination" list
- improvements to reliability of generation of many types of short range missions, surface scan and cargo hauling especially

This really makes a lot of the outlying systems feel more connected to the main body of the bubble.

Thanks also for the addition of ... well, we may have missed some, but at least 27 new installations and 6 new mega ships to support the region. Investigating all of these should keep us busy for a while!

Thanks 2 FD! We have now 4 engineers. Poor skilled now, but better, than nothing. :) Of course, it seems 2 me ;) that they'll improve.

Two years and ~4 hours ago the first Colonia CG ended. Results were counted ~24 hours after this. Milestone...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/319729-Colonia-Expansion-Initiative-Phase-One-Complete

These 24 hours were not a bit nervous, but finally successful 4 our company. Now I often think about long time passed from this screenshot...

Maybe, real Colonia birthday will be later, after creating stations
KpMt2.jpg
(February), but (IMHO) CG finish is important too. I hope, that new systems will be created soon.

Last edited:
Two years and ~4 hours ago the first Colonia CG ended. Results were counted ~24 hours after this. Milestone...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/319729-Colonia-Expansion-Initiative-Phase-One-Complete

These 24 hours were not a bit nervous, but finally successful 4 our company. Now I often think about long time passed from this screenshot...

Maybe, real Colonia birthday will be later, after creating stations (February), but (IMHO) CG finish is important too. I hope, that new systems will be created soon.

We also need more no-tell motels on Route 66. :)

I like the idea of this but i feel that that stations between on the colonia route should be alot more established than Colonia is as it the road too i just on my way back from Colonia and i was surprised how colonia is more set up as a hub than the station along the route are. i thought bing as it on the frontier of a space ship route it should not be as set up as it is right now i feel the station on route should be more set up than Colonia itself. So i like to see some improvements in this area of the game as i stated colonia is a frontier system not a major hub like it is now but that just me and my thinking.

Right now there is no where on the route to run missions to take a break from all that scanning along the way or even reship or modify your current ship we in again i feel this needs to be addressed.

In just under a month i have taken the trip to Colonia in a asp and coming back in a anaconda and i thought about this on most of my trip there and back while i was streaming it even some community members agree with me on this matter as i feel that these should have more then mining donate trade mission i mean to get out to one to the other for me was like 186 from one station to the other i mean how can u do trade mission when there is no other system close by to do this i feel that these stations have been left and just used like a truck stops for long trips out in the middle of nowhere.

Once i done with my travels i tend to add all the info to a spreadsheet with all the high value targets i found just a heads up i did not use the neutron star highway so you can guess on how many jump i done in just under a month of jumping and scanning i am doing this so if players wanted to scan systems so good targets this will help them make a little money for they travel. This was my very first time out of the bubble and back.

I like the idea of this but i feel that that stations between on the colonia route should be alot more established than Colonia is as it the road too i just on my way back from Colonia and i was surprised how colonia is more set up as a hub than the station along the route are. i thought bing as it on the frontier of a space ship route it should not be as set up as it is right now i feel the station on route should be more set up than Colonia itself. So i like to see some improvements in this area of the game as i stated colonia is a frontier system not a major hub like it is now but that just me and my thinking.

Right now there is no where on the route to run missions to take a break from all that scanning along the way or even reship or modify your current ship we in again i feel this needs to be addressed.

In just under a month i have taken the trip to Colonia in a asp and coming back in a anaconda and i thought about this on most of my trip there and back while i was streaming it even some community members agree with me on this matter as i feel that these should have more then mining donate trade mission i mean to get out to one to the other for me was like 186 from one station to the other i mean how can u do trade mission when there is no other system close by to do this i feel that these stations have been left and just used like a truck stops for long trips out in the middle of nowhere.

Once i done with my travels i tend to add all the info to a spreadsheet with all the high value targets i found just a heads up i did not use the neutron star highway so you can guess on how many jump i done in just under a month of jumping and scanning i am doing this so if players wanted to scan systems so good targets this will help them make a little money for they travel. This was my very first time out of the bubble and back.

If Colonia had been established by people getting there step by step and building facilities as they went I think you would have more of a point, but as Colonia was established where by accident as a result of sabotage I don't think so.

The stations established after Colonia started to expand are the equivalent of motorway service stations, you can get fuel and take a break but that is about all and that is all they were intended to be.

Now there could be a lot of merit to expanding some of them to full stations though I do wonder what there is to do to attract factions and missions.

My suggestion would be for you to visit the CG sub forum and submit a suggestion via the forms there for a player made CG to establish a station along the route you never know if it doesn't contradict any of FDevs plans and you get the wording right it could happen.

Congratulations on successfully completing a trip I have yet to have the bottle to try.

Achievements? Why is that even a thing? That's among the reasons I don't do console gaming at all. I just think achievements is a nonesense reason to play anything.

Achievements? Why is that even a thing? That's among the reasons I don't do console gaming at all. I just think achievements is a nonesense reason to play anything.
If achivements needed - register on EDSM, and ~70 achivements will be, opened by regular log transfer :)
BTW, several orbital HUBs with large pads may be useful for new \ unexperienced Colonia visitors. Mistakes with surface gravity, etc... But after 1KK LY Colonia-Bubble route takes 2.5hr of relaxed Krait Phantom flight.

I did not use the neotron high way as i felt i could find systems that other may have missed and i WAS shocked on how may i did find or half done.

By the time i got to Colonia i had found 200 systems first's and well over 1000 planets that where not scanned in and loads of them where high metal and high profit ones that where missed so i feel that doing the long run was well worth it.

But none of the station on route had large platforms what so ever !!! which is a down side to the travel.

Again i stick to my guns i still think Colonia should be treated as a out post and not as built up as it is all the other areas shold be by now.

Look at it as a pine tree the top bing Colonia and the bubble as it roots the brunches we be the ones reaching out and the top would be Colonia. So these should have been more than just 1 station and the lack of infrastructure at these locations for all

Top Bottom